***OFFICIAL*** Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman Thread - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Anderson Silva (c) 60 75.00%
Chris Weidman 20 25.00%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,018
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL View Post
Throw in the FACT Weidman isn't afraid of him and his chances are good.
FACT? Cool story, LL.

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 11:01 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,154
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
FACT? Cool story, LL.
Weidman has called him out for a year. I doubt he's scurred.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #43 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 404
                     
I feel Weidman is probably the biggest threat to Anderson's title since Dan Henderson. I do see the potential of a Weidman victory. But I gotta go with Silva I think he'll pull it out. I see Weidman having his moments but at some point getting caught and stopped by Silva.
rebonecrusher is offline  
post #44 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,018
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL View Post
Weidman has called him out for a year. I doubt he's scurred.
Oh I get that. He is brave and confident in his skills and won't back down from his opportunity to be the greatest. What I really ment was like who among us never got scared before an important test or job interview, right? And that certainly affects us somehow.
I couldn't blame Weidman if he is experiencing goose bumps. I would.

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
post #45 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,098
Blog Entries: 1
                     
For everybody that says weidman has only had 9 fights.... jon jones had 13 fights before he crushed the title holder and didn't beta anyone that great along the way so this experience talk is a bunch of nonsense imo.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #46 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
If only Chris Weidman was Jon Jones.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #47 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,098
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Because that was my point right? jesus christ


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #48 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,463
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
For everybody that says weidman has only had 9 fights.... jon jones had 13 fights before he crushed the title holder and didn't beta anyone that great along the way so this experience talk is a bunch of nonsense imo.
I dont see a problem here. Before Jones title fight plenty of us we're saying hes still green. Of course he went on to prove himself very much the real deal. For example, there we're valid questions regards his chin and his ability off his back. The chin question got answered when Bones ate a full right from Bader and didnt flinch at all. He also ate a hard shot from Rashad. Did nothing. His ability off his back is still kind of unknown so theres still some questions there.

Nobody saying Chris is green is suggesting he also wont turn out to be an amazing fighter. There's a good chance he'll turn out to be something very special. But until we see all facets of his game pushed to limits, we wont really know. Theres nothing wrong with this assumption.

Thats the thing about Anderson. We've seen him in all kinds of situation and hes come through. Theres no area we've yet to see him dragged into.
Soojooko is offline  
post #49 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,098
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I dont see a problem here. Before Jones title fight plenty of us we're saying hes still green. Of course he went on to prove himself very much the real deal. For example, there we're valid questions regards his chin and his ability off his back. The chin question got answered when Bones ate a full right from Bader and didnt flinch at all. He also ate a hard shot from Rashad. Did nothing. His ability off his back is still kind of unknown so theres still some questions there.

Nobody saying Chris is green is suggesting he also wont turn out to be an amazing fighter. There's a good chance he'll turn out to be something very special. But until we see all facets of his game pushed to limits, we wont really know. Theres nothing wrong with this assumption.

Thats the thing about Anderson. We've seen him in all kinds of situation and hes come through. Theres no area we've yet to see him dragged into.
I just think the experience thing is a bunch of bs, I mean you can say GSP lost to hughes young but really not long after he pounded him and took the title anyways. I don't see anything chris would gain by getting more experience if anything that gives anderson more ammunation if he has more footage on him and knows his weaknesses.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #50 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 09:16 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,463
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
I just think the experience thing is a bunch of bs, I mean you can say GSP lost to hughes young but really not long after he pounded him and took the title anyways. I don't see anything chris would gain by getting more experience if anything that gives anderson more ammunation if he has more footage on him and knows his weaknesses.
Experience is everything. How can you dismiss it so easily? Its fights like GSP vs Serra that makes a fighter change his game. Without that experience, GSP would be a different fighter.

Chris right now is super confident. He's convinced he'll never lose. If he loses or takes a beating, it'll change him no matter which way you cut it. It might change him for the worse... or for the better, but it'll change him. Thats what experience does to a fighter.
Soojooko is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome