***OFFICIAL*** Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman Thread - Page 60 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Anderson Silva (c) 60 75.00%
Chris Weidman 20 25.00%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #591 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,827
                     
Only just seen the fight. Bollocks. I fecking hate it when big fights leave questions.

Anderson took the silliness too far. Ive read the argument that this is the way Silva always fights, but that's utter nonsense. He fights with this absurd level of taunting when he has no respect for his opponent. A massive mistake against Chris in hindsight. I've no idea what would have happened if he respecting Chris a touch more.

Either way... its done now. At last. As disappointed as I am, Im also happy the MW division has moved on. Im also very happy we'll have no more talk about stupid super fights that dont mean shit.

I cant wait to see how this pans out for Chris. Heres hoping he has a decent run. He deserves it.
Soojooko is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #592 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,256
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Only just seen the fight. Bollocks. I fecking hate it when big fights leave questions.

Anderson took the silliness too far. Ive read the argument that this is the way Silva always fights, but that's utter nonsense. He fights with this absurd level of taunting when he has no respect for his opponent. A massive mistake against Chris in hindsight. I've no idea what would have happened if he respecting Chris a touch more.

Either way... its done now. At last. As disappointed as I am, Im also happy the MW division has moved on. Im also very happy we'll have no more talk about stupid super fights that dont mean shit.

I cant wait to see how this pans out for Chris. Heres hoping he has a decent run. He deserves it.
I think maybe you should now concede that experience point to me now sooj heh


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #593 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,827
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
I think maybe you should now concede that experience point to me now sooj heh
Not a chance. That would require me removing 46% of my brain.

Are you saying that if Weidman went into the bout with 10 more fights under his belt, that he would have done worse? Come on dude. Lets not go there again. Theres no way to prove it one way or the other, so we could do this dance till the end of time.
Soojooko is online now  
post #594 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,256
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Not a chance. That would require me removing 46% of my brain.

Are you saying that if Weidman went into the bout with 10 more fights under his belt, that he would have done worse? Come on dude. Lets not go there again. Theres no way to prove it one way or the other, so we could do this dance till the end of time.
Alrighty but yes I think weidman would have had more holes to expolit had weidman had more than 10 fights to be able to take advantage of.

If you read the jack slack killing the king article I posted you will see how weidman won the fight via knowing anderson's past fight where he leans back and weidman formulated a combo in camp because of this and took anderson out, meanwhile anderson has never seen weidman in trouble in any fight and has little to work with. You should give it a read jack slack makes great articles.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #595 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,827
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
Alrighty but yes I think weidman would have had more holes to expolit had weidman had more than 10 fights to be able to take advantage of.

If you read the jack slack killing the king article I posted you will see how weidman won the fight via knowing anderson's past fight where he leans back and weidman formulated a combo in camp because of this and took anderson out, meanwhile anderson has never seen weidman in trouble in any fight and has little to work with. You should give it a read jack slack makes great articles.
Eh?
But the same logic would suggest Chris would have been more effective when he was 0-0 then he is at 9-0. In my opinion, if Chris was 20-0 going into the Silva fight, he would have completed that leg lock.

Let it go breh. There's nothing you can say or quote that will shift me here... and vice versa.


Was a cracking KO though, innit? I was muchos impressed. Not so impressed with Silvas silliness. It was obvious it wasnt working and yet Silva persisted. The fight could have been much much better IMO. Kinda sad.
Soojooko is online now  
post #596 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:40 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,256
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Eh?
But the same logic would suggest Chris would have been more effective when he was 0-0 then he is at 9-0. In my opinion, if Chris was 20-0 going into the Silva fight, he would have completed that leg lock.

Let it go breh. There's nothing you can say or quote that will shift me here... and vice versa.


Was a cracking KO though, innit? I was muchos impressed. Not so impressed with Silvas silliness. It was obvious it wasnt working and yet Silva persisted. The fight could have been much much better IMO. Kinda sad.
he tried to get into weidmans head the whole weekend, the weigh ins, the staredown no fist touch, the kiss between the rounds all to throw chris off and nothing worked. What chris did was did to rights to the same side so that he could exploit silva's lean back defense mechanism and then with the second little back fist right it made silva stare at the right and he couldn't lean back any further and thats where weidman gets him with the left and boy was it well timed.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #597 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:49 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,827
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
he tried to get into weidmans head the whole weekend, the weigh ins, the staredown no fist touch, the kiss between the rounds all to throw chris off and nothing worked. What chris did was did to rights to the same side so that he could exploit silva's lean back defense mechanism and then with the second little back fist right it made silva stare at the right and he couldn't lean back any further and thats where weidman gets him with the left and boy was it well timed.
Agreed. Truth is, Weidman was getting through. Well before the KO, he was getting in there. Silva should have recognised the danger he was in. Instead he became disrespectful towards Chris ( which I have no problem with ) which will always mean a lack of concentration. I understand the hands by the side thing being strategic, but pretending to be wobbled does nothing but break your concentration.

He lost. Its done. Onwards and upwards I say. I'm sure we'll see some good stuff out of Silva yet.
Soojooko is online now  
post #598 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 12:32 PM
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,287
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
He lost. Its done. Onwards and upwards I say. I'm sure we'll see some good stuff out of Silva yet.


agreed.


Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Cerrone, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Lawler

hellholming is offline  
post #599 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
OU is offline  
post #600 of 600 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 01:20 PM
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,287
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post


I'd rep you if I could.


Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Cerrone, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Lawler

hellholming is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome