Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez added to UFC 166 - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,278
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Anyone picking Sanchez?
I'm thinking about it, hometown fight, championship hangover, Melendez isn't the type of fighter who moves forward and Sanchez has a hell of a chin. I'm likely going to make the decision on how he looks at weigh-ins.
John8204 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Bantamweight
 
systemdnb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 861
                     
Sanchez will get the Jesus beat out of him. I predict a bloody mess via GnP.
systemdnb is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 03:57 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,922
                     
Diego by split. He's the new Leonard Garcia.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
If Sanchez from his first trip to 155 shows up it will all boil down to who can control the pace if Gil slows it down he cruises if Sanchez can keep it wild fast and wreckless he can easily win. That said if the Gomi fighting Sanchez shows up its gonna be one helm of an ugly beat down.


Sent from Verticalsports.com App




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,814
                     
Sanchez is tough for anyone, this fight doesn't make much sense to me. But it will be a fun one. Gil will win this.



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,278
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
If Sanchez from his first trip to 155 shows up it will all boil down to who can control the pace if Gil slows it down he cruises if Sanchez can keep it wild fast and wreckless he can easily win. That said if the Gomi fighting Sanchez shows up its gonna be one helm of an ugly beat down.
They aren't fighting halfway across the world so I expect a much better cut for Sanchez.
John8204 is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Stapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,150
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
They aren't fighting halfway across the world so I expect a much better cut for Sanchez.
Thank you, I was getting tired of people thinking that is how Sanchez is going to look like from now on. One person even said he looked like "the same old Sanchez." lawl what? That's not his usual style at all. Haters gonna hate I suppose. He still got the win though, and whether someone agree with the decision or not, I believe the better fighter won and that's what matters to me.

Very tough fight for him, I'm really nervous for him, but he is the one who wanted it. I just hope he knows what he is doing. Can't count the guy out though, he's got an excellent chin with great conditioning and a ferocious pace. Championship hang overs are also no joke. He could win this if the conditions are right.

Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 11:11 PM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Gil is going to go balls deep. Diego has very little chance, imo.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 03:57 AM
JWP
Featherweight
 
JWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,138
                     
liking this alot, has massive potential

hopefully they both go for it

Favourite Fighters
Anderson Silva
Mark Hunt
Bisping
Fedor
Machida
Pettis
Aldo
McGregor
'John' Wayne Parr
Nathan 'Carnage' Corbett
Bruce Lee
JWP is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,814
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V03 View Post
Thank you, I was getting tired of people thinking that is how Sanchez is going to look like from now on. One person even said he looked like "the same old Sanchez." lawl what? That's not his usual style at all. Haters gonna hate I suppose. He still got the win though, and whether someone agree with the decision or not, I believe the better fighter won and that's what matters to me.

Very tough fight for him, I'm really nervous for him, but he is the one who wanted it. I just hope he knows what he is doing. Can't count the guy out though, he's got an excellent chin with great conditioning and a ferocious pace. Championship hang overs are also no joke. He could win this if the conditions are right.
Sanchez hasn't really been the same since he changed to "the dream". But he really wasn't himself in the Gomi fight.



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome