why are people not giving weidman his dues - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #61 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,021
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Weidman isnt getting his dues. Neither is Silva. Welcome to the wonderful world of sports fandom.
Soojooko is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #62 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,447
cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
Dude landed a half dozen punches in like 1.5 minutes time. I would hardly claim that as wearing GnP. Silva didn't look tired at all. He was just out of position and paid for it.

The dude has been sitting at the top of this sport for a very long time. The longer you're there, the worse your odds are of being caught.

Silva also didn't rest at the top like GSP does.... he pushed the envelope and constantly kept himself exposed. You had to think eventually someone would get him.

To those saying Chris had him timed and was neutralizing all of his counters... and you call us fanboys?!?

After Silva got back to his feet, you could very visibly see Weidman was lost. Even going into the second, he had already broken mentally and was getting sucked into the same ol same ol AS game.

Don't even for a second tell me his game plan was to stand and exchange with Silva. He was in candy land and just capitalized on a slip by the champ.

I'm sure a lot of fighters would have missed that opportunity; so I definitely think Chris deserves props for seeing his opportunity and taking it.

I still think Weidman could beat Silva the way everyone predicted... on the ground. However, if the rematch takes place, I saw nothing that leads me to believe he could KO Silva again.
Maybe it is just post-fight talk, but apparently Weidmans camp did plan on standing with Anderson Silva. They were teaching him to punch at his chest so that his punches would naturally rise to his Silvas face, which they did (prior to the KO). Again, they could just be saying that now, but Weidman had stated the whole pre-fight that he would bang with Silva and win, and he did.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #63 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,485
amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
Maybe it is just post-fight talk, but apparently Weidmans camp did plan on standing with Anderson Silva. They were teaching him to punch at his chest so that his punches would naturally rise to his Silvas face, which they did (prior to the KO). Again, they could just be saying that now, but Weidman had stated the whole pre-fight that he would bang with Silva and win, and he did.
You would be completely insane to not train your boxing and more specifically train your boxing for Anderson. I bet Chris spent a good deal of time training some combos to try to catch him....

However, I'm not convinced in the least that his game plan was to stand and bang with him.

After AS got back to his feet, Chris looked like a shark out of water; but even if the shark is out of water, if you walk to close to him, he can still bite you.
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #64 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,016
rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Weidman did not have Andersons timing down, nor did he have the right counters for what Anderson was throwing.

Weidman brushed off those kicks because Silva was doing what he always does, throwing any old shit in the 1st to see how his opponent reacts to things. Weidman is a top level MW but those kicks would have missed/or been blocked by 99% of fighters in the UFC.

How often do we see Silva do next to nothing of note in the 1st round only to come out and destroy his opponent in the 2nd?

Weidman is the Champ, and he 100% deserves to be it, but to say he had 'figured Silva out' is a bit of a stretch. He caught him acting the fool and won in a way 99.9% of MMA fans would never have predicted.
I understand your point, but the distinction is that Chris maintained his rhythm and blocked every one of Silva's shots.

The increase in Anderson's tactics is evidence of this, people say it was because he got too cocky and his arrogance got the best of him but I 100% disagree. Anderson acting the fool was a result of Weidman not succumbing to his taunting, as Weidman said Anderson was trying to "make him freeze and feel like he didn't deserve to be in the octagon". Credit to both guys but on Saturday Weidman simply had Silva's number. Anderson didn't beat Anderson, Chris did. Watch the fight 10 times over and look at how Weidman was behaving, with the calmness of someone who knew he had the skillset to win. Silva is the GOAT but the people in denial are taking away from one of the top 3 fights in the history of the UFC.
rabakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #65 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
towwffc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 522
towwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level nowtowwffc is on another level now
#1. Chris Deserves his just dues regardless of how much Anderson was fooling around. Chris showed up to COMPETE. This is a COMPETITION! Weidman was competing and he won, it's not his fault if his opponent wasn't really trying to compete. And he has the belt and everything that will come with it as his "just dues".

#2. But for those who say Silva fools around like this every fight, I have to disagree. The minute he bent his knees, cocked his head, and pretended to be limp and ko'd standing up, he ceased to be competing. And he has never gone that far in any other fight that I can remember.

Thats why when he actually got dropped 2 seconds later I wasn't sure if it was a joke. Because 2 seconds before that he was pretending to be freaking limp. What a foolish thing to do during a fight. I don't care who you are. It is a competition. Not the Anderson Silva show.

I am excited about the rematch. I feel the rematch will be unpredictable if Anderson shows up to compete to win. and not to compete to show off how "slick" or funny he is.
towwffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #66 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,485
amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
The increase in Anderson's tactics is evidence of this, people say it was because he got too cocky and his arrogance got the best of him but I 100% disagree. Anderson acting the fool was a result of Weidman not succumbing to his taunting, as Weidman said Anderson was trying to "make him freeze and feel like he didn't deserve to be in the octagon". Credit to both guys but on Saturday Weidman simply had Silva's number. Anderson didn't beat Anderson, Chris did. Watch the fight 10 times over and look at how Weidman was behaving, with the calmness of someone who knew he had the skillset to win. Silva is the GOAT but the people in denial are taking away from one of the top 3 fights in the history of the UFC.
I see it completely different. What Weidman was doing wasn't affecting Silva at all.

I think Silva set off to make an example of Weidman... to prove to everyone he had no business being in the cage with him. The crazier his antics are, the more bizarre the KO is.... the more people will agree Weidman didn't belong.

Silva is too good at adapting to people's timing and rhythm to all of a sudden be stumped by a wrestler turned MMA, with 10 fights to his name.
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #67 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 979
BOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Weidman did not have Andersons timing down, nor did he have the right counters for what Anderson was throwing.

Weidman brushed off those kicks because Silva was doing what he always does, throwing any old shit in the 1st to see how his opponent reacts to things. Weidman is a top level MW but those kicks would have missed/or been blocked by 99% of fighters in the UFC.

How often do we see Silva do next to nothing of note in the 1st round only to come out and destroy his opponent in the 2nd?

Weidman is the Champ, and he 100% deserves to be it, but to say he had 'figured Silva out' is a bit of a stretch. He caught him acting the fool and won in a way 99.9% of MMA fans would never have predicted.



Chris landed 4 or 5 punches at best when he had Silva down, to say he 'wore Silva down with ground and pound' is madness. Literally seconds before he got knocked out Rogan was saying how much faster Silva looked than Weidman, not to say that Rogan doesnt say some dumb things but in this instance he was right. Chris looked visibly tired.

Oh, and before you dismiss me as a fanboy, I am no more of a fan of Silva than I am a fan of Weidman.

That is not true at all. Weidman had Anderson's timing down pat, it could not be more obvious. Silva got a couple of leg kicks in but they were insignificant.








I don't even need to post the gif of the knockout which was planned and timed perfectly by Weidman.
BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #68 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,016
rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
Exactly, it wasn't that Anderson wasn't trying. It was that Weidman forced him into the silly games because his counters simply were not working at all. That first gif shows 4 different counters that Anderson would have put down plenty of fighters with but Weidman knew they were coming, when a counter striker misses it looks like he's not trying.

Anderson froze Vitor and hit him with the front kick that Weidman slipped with ease.
rabakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #69 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
sucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the roughsucrets is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
Chris just brutally KOed one of the Greatest ever and is now the middle weight champ but noone seems To be giving him the credit he deserves. All I am hearing is:

Weidman Got lucky
Silva doesnt care anymore
silva through the fight
Age caught up to silva


Silva really didn't do anything he didn't normally and weidman caught him He dethroaned the champ that was once thought unbeatable and deserves his props for it so give it to him.
All wrong.

What happened is:

1. Silva underestimated Chris.
2. Silva over-did it with the theatrics and taunting
3. Silva fcuked up

That's why Weidman is champion. Now that doesn't mean that Chris isn't a good fighter or that he doesn't train hard or that he might be a talent etc. What it means is that there was nothing about that fight to indicate he is better than Silva. Nothing.

Silva haters and stupids will dispute this, but it doesn't change the fact. The easiest way to prove that these fools are full of it is to indicate that their entire - albeit faulty - argument rests on Silva being a one-dimensional fighter which he is not. He could have chosen to fight in a plethora of different ways given his skillset and versatility yet he did not, which is precisely all that is needed to put this nonsense to rest.

I did not look forward to this fight because I thought Chris has no chance to win. Now with all this drama and the fact that Silva lost (and rightfully so) I can't wait for a rematch especially if Silva starts feeling he has something to prove.
sucrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #70 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,050
Calminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
That is not true at all. Weidman had Anderson's timing down pat, it could not be more obvious. Silva got a couple of leg kicks in but they were insignificant.








I don't even need to post the gif of the knockout which was planned and timed perfectly by Weidman.
I think this is the part most people are missing. Silva wasn't able to reach Weidman, while Weidman was able to reach Silva.

In fact, this may have been the first time in Silva's career he fought someone the same or longer reach. He wasn't prepared.
Calminian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios