why are people not giving weidman his dues - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #71 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Woodenhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,454
Woodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
I understand your point, but the distinction is that Chris maintained his rhythm and blocked every one of Silva's shots.

The increase in Anderson's tactics is evidence of this, people say it was because he got too cocky and his arrogance got the best of him but I 100% disagree. Anderson acting the fool was a result of Weidman not succumbing to his taunting, as Weidman said Anderson was trying to "make him freeze and feel like he didn't deserve to be in the octagon". Credit to both guys but on Saturday Weidman simply had Silva's number. Anderson didn't beat Anderson, Chris did. Watch the fight 10 times over and look at how Weidman was behaving, with the calmness of someone who knew he had the skillset to win. Silva is the GOAT but the people in denial are taking away from one of the top 3 fights in the history of the UFC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
Weidman had Anderson's timing down pat, it could not be more obvious. Silva got a couple of leg kicks in but they were insignificant.


** snipped the 2 .gifs **


I don't even need to post the gif of the knockout which was planned and timed perfectly by Weidman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
Exactly, it wasn't that Anderson wasn't trying. It was that Weidman forced him into the silly games because his counters simply were not working at all. That first gif shows 4 different counters that Anderson would have put down plenty of fighters with but Weidman knew they were coming, when a counter striker misses it looks like he's not trying.

Anderson froze Vitor and hit him with the front kick that Weidman slipped with ease.
I'd rep both of you to infinity if I could. Those are indisputable facts which only blind fans wouldn't agree with. I had to watch the fight 3 times to believe what I was seeing, even tho I'm not a fan of either. (well, I'm a Weidman fan now) But it's plain as day if you can leave all bias & preconceived notions behind.
Woodenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,239
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
I think this is the part most people are missing. Silva wasn't able to reach Weidman, while Weidman was able to reach Silva.

In fact, this may have been the first time in Silva's career he fought someone the same or longer reach. He wasn't prepared.
There was only one man fighting in that cage. That man wasn't named Anderson Silva.
__________________
I will support your good point regardless of our differences.

Winners and Losers

Story of My Life
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #73 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 979
BOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
I think this is the part most people are missing. Silva wasn't able to reach Weidman, while Weidman was able to reach Silva.

In fact, this may have been the first time in Silva's career he fought someone the same or longer reach. He wasn't prepared.
Definitely disagree with you there, the former champion came to the fight prepared and it is exactly why Silva is one of the best this sport has ever seen. He just wasn't anywhere near good enough to do anything against Weidman, which speaks volumes about how good Weidman really is because Silva most certainly tried, as always.

This isn't about Silva getting old, throwing the belt, not being interested anymore, getting overly cocky and all the other stupid excuses we've heard over the last few days. The Silva who fought Saturday night was the same Silva that has been making other fighters look like child's play for years, only this time it was Silva that got dominated. That's hard for a lot of people to digest and it will be for a long time.
BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #74 (permalink)
M.C
needs more cowbell
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,242
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Weidman gets all the credit from me. He took Silva down, controlled the pace, landed more shots and easily won the first round. The second round was back and forth, Silva doing his normal tactics to entice Weidman to make a mistake or over-commit, it failed, and after a few minutes Weidman clipped him and that was that.

I was underestimating Weidman a lot because of his lack of experience/long layoff but I was proven wrong. He did very well.
__________________
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #75 (permalink)
ptw
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,297
ptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By All
Can't give Weidman too much credit for the win because he only won a glorified sparring match with Anderson. Yes, Silva fights like that sometimes, but he also takes his opponents seriously sometimes too. Like I said, Weidman swung for the fences and committed himself fully to hitting Anderson when he was showboating, it worked for him, big whoop.



The finish is there. Lets see, does Silva look in trouble? Nope. Does Weidman appear to be in control? Nope. Has either fighter sustained damage that could impair them in any way? Nope. Weidman was committed to hitting Silva in that exchange and it paid off. Just look at how ugly of a combo he threw together before clipping him at the end with the left hook. Weidman had nothing to worry about in that exchange and was free to over commit his punches. Also, lets not act like we haven't seen Silva take his opponents seriously; Vitor, Yushin, both the Sonnen fights...I appreciate what Silva does, he tries to put on a show, he's the only champ who does this. Every other champ goes for the win, fights to their strengths, takes few risks. He was the king for a reason, if he takes the rematch and he shows up to fight and hurt Weidman we'll probably see Weidman get laid out.
ptw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #76 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 979
BOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong way
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
Can't give Weidman too much credit for the win because he only won a glorified sparring match with Anderson. Yes, Silva fights like that sometimes, but he also takes his opponents seriously sometimes too. Like I said, Weidman swung for the fences and committed himself fully to hitting Anderson when he was showboating, it worked for him, big whoop.

The finish is there. Lets see, does Silva look in trouble? Nope. Does Weidman appear to be in control? Nope. Has either fighter sustained damage that could impair them in any way? Nope. Weidman was committed to hitting Silva in that exchange and it paid off. Just look at how ugly of a combo he threw together before clipping him at the end with the left hook. Weidman had nothing to worry about in that exchange and was free to over commit his punches. Also, lets not act like we haven't seen Silva take his opponents seriously; Vitor, Yushin, both the Sonnen fights...I appreciate what Silva does, he tries to put on a show, he's the only champ who does this. Every other champ goes for the win, fights to their strengths, takes few risks. He was the king for a reason, if he takes the rematch and he shows up to fight and hurt Weidman we'll probably see Weidman get laid out.

Glorified sparring match? No that's just ridiculous. Silva was in trouble immediately into the fight.

Weidman took Silva down 28 seconds in, kept him down and landed a few bombs on his face. Then he attempted to sub Silva because per Weidman Silva's eyes rolled back after he hit him flush while he had Silva down on his back.

You also left out Silva swinging and only catching air because Weidman was excellent at evading Silva's strikes, the same strikes that have knocked out many other fighters cold over the last seven years. Only Weidman isn't getting much credit here even though this is what everyone has failed to do against one the greatest counter fighters this sport has ever seen.

You can bet your house Silva took Weidman and the fight seriously. The fact is Silva just got beat very badly at Weidman's game (on the ground) and at his own game (standing up) throughout the entire fight. Let's not pretend it was anything else and use more excuses.
BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #77 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 371
sucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
That's hard for a lot of people to digest and it will be for a long time.
That's because it's hard for people with some basic intelligence and a well functioning vision to digest something that simply isn't true. The delusion you live in is quite incredible.
sucrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #78 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 371
sucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
Can't give Weidman too much credit for the win because he only won a glorified sparring match with Anderson. Yes, Silva fights like that sometimes, but he also takes his opponents seriously sometimes too. Like I said, Weidman swung for the fences and committed himself fully to hitting Anderson when he was showboating, it worked for him, big whoop.



The finish is there. Lets see, does Silva look in trouble? Nope. Does Weidman appear to be in control? Nope. Has either fighter sustained damage that could impair them in any way? Nope. Weidman was committed to hitting Silva in that exchange and it paid off. Just look at how ugly of a combo he threw together before clipping him at the end with the left hook. Weidman had nothing to worry about in that exchange and was free to over commit his punches. Also, lets not act like we haven't seen Silva take his opponents seriously; Vitor, Yushin, both the Sonnen fights...I appreciate what Silva does, he tries to put on a show, he's the only champ who does this. Every other champ goes for the win, fights to their strengths, takes few risks. He was the king for a reason, if he takes the rematch and he shows up to fight and hurt Weidman we'll probably see Weidman get laid out.

Hammer meet nail's head.
sucrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #79 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pryor Oklahoma
Posts: 757
EVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level nowEVERLOST is on another level now
I love how Weidman threw 7 or 8 punches to a guy on the ground who wasnt moving and hit 3 of them lol. Yeah VICIOUS GROUND AND POUND!!! lol .........lol
EVERLOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #80 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 371
sucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nicesucrets is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLOST View Post
I love how Weidman threw 7 or 8 punches to a guy on the ground who wasnt moving and hit 3 of them lol. Yeah VICIOUS GROUND AND POUND!!! lol .........lol
LOL I was wondering about that myself. But the punch that mattered was accurate if we are to be fair.
sucrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios