why are people not giving weidman his dues - Page 9 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,681
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
Can't give Weidman too much credit for the win because he only won a glorified sparring match with Anderson. Yes, Silva fights like that sometimes, but he also takes his opponents seriously sometimes too. Like I said, Weidman swung for the fences and committed himself fully to hitting Anderson when he was showboating, it worked for him, big whoop.



The finish is there. Lets see, does Silva look in trouble? Nope. Does Weidman appear to be in control? Nope. Has either fighter sustained damage that could impair them in any way? Nope. Weidman was committed to hitting Silva in that exchange and it paid off. Just look at how ugly of a combo he threw together before clipping him at the end with the left hook. Weidman had nothing to worry about in that exchange and was free to over commit his punches. Also, lets not act like we haven't seen Silva take his opponents seriously; Vitor, Yushin, both the Sonnen fights...I appreciate what Silva does, he tries to put on a show, he's the only champ who does this. Every other champ goes for the win, fights to their strengths, takes few risks. He was the king for a reason, if he takes the rematch and he shows up to fight and hurt Weidman we'll probably see Weidman get laid out.
I actually give him a lot of credit. He avoided Silva's hands the entire night, as well as just about all his kicks. He actually outopointed Silva in the stand up in both rounds.

Silva tends to look really good against shorter opponents, especially non-strikers. Against Weidman he had nothing for him. Roy Jones would absolutely destroy him.
Calminian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 990
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucrets View Post
That's because it's hard for people with some basic intelligence and a well functioning vision to digest something that simply isn't true. The delusion you live in is quite incredible.
It would be definitely in your best interest to create another account and start over because your present handle has been a failure of a troll job from post #1.
BOOM is offline  
post #83 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
                     
I have been a fan of Silva since he fought Leban. I had just started training Muay Thai and saw how epic he was. I was always bias when people hated on his antics in the ring. Now, after the fight, I am upset over his foolishness because I don't know who really was the better fighter because Anderson almost refused to fight with his B.S. in the ring. Yes I was upset Silva lost but Until I see him redeem this loss, he is no longer the champ to me......

When Silva beat Franklin for the belt, that left no doubt in my mind, that is how you beat the champ, not this B.S. but only he is to blame.
Judoka82 is offline  
post #84 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 AM
ptw
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,297
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
I actually give him a lot of credit. He avoided Silva's hands the entire night, as well as just about all his kicks. He actually outopointed Silva in the stand up in both rounds.

Silva tends to look really good against shorter opponents, especially non-strikers. Against Weidman he had nothing for him. Roy Jones would absolutely destroy him.
The entire night? You say this like the fight was longer than a round and a half. This is what I saw, I saw a guy(weidman) fail to implement his gameplan(takedown silva, GnP and/or submit him) and abandon it to swing for the fences and it worked for him. That's it. The striking and counter striking department has always been Silva's strength, most guys want to avoid it.

You want to see things that aren't there and make **** up? Go right ahead. If that's how you like to live your life, who am I to tell you otherwise? Not like you're going to listen anyway, it's part of living in a world devoid of reason. Absolutely nothing wrong with living in that kind of world, just shuts out a lot of learning, that's it.
ptw is offline  
post #85 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: To achieve success, first you have to want real bad!!!
Posts: 8,105
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
The entire night? You say this like the fight was longer than a round and a half. This is what I saw, I saw a guy(weidman) fail to implement his gameplan(takedown silva, GnP and/or submit him) and abandon it to swing for the fences and it worked for him. That's it. The striking and counter striking department has always been Silva's strength, most guys want to avoid it.

You want to see things that aren't there and make **** up? Go right ahead. If that's how you like to live your life, who am I to tell you otherwise? Not like you're going to listen anyway, it's part of living in a world devoid of reason. Absolutely nothing wrong with living in that kind of world, just shuts out a lot of learning, that's it.
Perfect placed. This is a realistic description.

Rewatch the fight, guys and pay attention to Weidman and Anderson facial expressions along it and be honest to yourselves about Weidman "dominating" the fight bell to bell or "having Anderson's number".

Begining - stand up:
Anderson relaxed. Weidman concernd.

Take down/ Ground scramble/ Sub attempt:
Anderson concerned/ focused on exit/ get up. Weidman the same.

Back to the feet:
Anderson relaxed. Weidman concerned.

Anderson nullifies Weidman's TD atrempts:
Anderson extra relaxed. His disdain for Weidman's skills becomes evident. Weidman extra concerned and totally lost in his strategy.

Anderson crosses the line:
Anderson lose all his focus and gives up fighting for pure goofiness. Weidman, unable to implement his TD, still concentrated in winning the fight takes the chance that was given to him, and finally, Weidman looks relaxed after finding Anderson's jaw.

Weidman knows that, with the exception of KOing Anderson, he didn't do what he wanted in that fight.


Sully - Official Trailer HD

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is online now  
post #86 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Welterweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,215
                     
At the time, I 100% believed Weidman adrenaline dumped half way through the 1st. He abandoned his game plan and looked like he had very little 'pep in his step'

I can't see how anyone thought he was dominating in a stand up exchange in the 1st.
amoosenamedhank is offline  
post #87 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 990
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
The entire night? You say this like the fight was longer than a round and a half. This is what I saw, I saw a guy(weidman) fail to implement his gameplan(takedown silva, GnP and/or submit him) and abandon it to swing for the fences and it worked for him. That's it. The striking and counter striking department has always been Silva's strength, most guys want to avoid it.

You want to see things that aren't there and make **** up? Go right ahead. If that's how you like to live your life, who am I to tell you otherwise? Not like you're going to listen anyway, it's part of living in a world devoid of reason. Absolutely nothing wrong with living in that kind of world, just shuts out a lot of learning, that's it.


Weidman did'nt fail anything, he took Silva down 30 seconds into the fight and punched him in the face, then he punched Silva in the face while evading Silva's counters standing up which is Silva's game. Silva himself landed zero punches, it was Silva swinging and missing every single time save for a few leg kicks. The fight was not even close before the knock out.

If Weidman would have dominated another fighter Saturday like he did to Silva no one would be questioning it, but because it was Silva he dominated from start to finish everyone has an excuse.
BOOM is offline  
post #88 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,709
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Weidman knows that, with the exception of KOing Anderson, he didn't do what he wanted in that fight.
besides winning in every single aspect of the fight?
rabakill is offline  
post #89 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 12:44 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,747
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
besides winning in every single aspect of the fight?
Except for the dance off.
Soojooko is offline  
post #90 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 596
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Perfect placed. This is a realistic description.

Rewatch the fight, guys and pay attention to Weidman and Anderson facial expressions along it and be honest to yourselves about Weidman "dominating" the fight bell to bell or "having Anderson's number".

Begining - stand up:
Anderson relaxed. Weidman concernd.

Take down/ Ground scramble/ Sub attempt:
Anderson concerned/ focused on exit/ get up. Weidman the same.

Back to the feet:
Anderson relaxed. Weidman concerned.

Anderson nullifies Weidman's TD atrempts:
Anderson extra relaxed. His disdain for Weidman's skills becomes evident. Weidman extra concerned and totally lost in his strategy.

Anderson crosses the line:
Anderson lose all his focus and gives up fighting for pure goofiness. Weidman, unable to implement his TD, still concentrated in winning the fight takes the chance that was given to him, and finally, Weidman looks relaxed after finding Anderson's jaw.

Weidman knows that, with the exception of KOing Anderson, he didn't do what he wanted in that fight.
What fight were you watching ?
The ground game made Silva more softened up than Weidman. Silva tried a few attacks but was countered. Silva can try to laugh those hits off but they did hurt. The first left hook from the knockout sequence was without Silva clowning.
Gustafsson Fan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome