Normally I do a top ten, here I'm going to do a top twenty, 10 fights to save the guys that lost and 10 fights for the guys that won
10 Iuri Alcantara vs Eric Perez
- Perez is on a run, Iuri is a vet, I don't believe Perez is in line for a title shot so this should be a fun test/distraction.
09 Max Holloway vs Clay Guida
- I'm assuming Guida loses his next fight, I'd like to see how Holloway's wrestling and power really is matched against a guy like Guida.
08 Ramsey Nijem vs Mac Danzig
- sometimes a fighter on a skid needs to take a big step up to figure if they belong in the UFC (Michael Johnson). Nijem's dropped two in a row to big tough guys in heartbreaking fashion, Danzig is more of a fundamental guy so I'd like to see if Nijem belongs in the UFC.
07 Brad Pickett vs Rafeal Ascunsao
- I go back and forth on Pickett as a top five guy but after his impressive wrestling we saw tonight I'd match him up with Ascunsao.
06 Uriah Hall vs Thiago Santos
- Hall has confidence issues, so I would match him with the worst fighter in the division.
05 Mike Pyle vs Yoshiro Akiyama
04 Mike Brown vs Hatsu Hioki
03 Shogun Rua vs Dan Henderson II
, I don't know which one is done but this was one of the all-time great fights so I'd like to see a sequel.
02 Joe Lauzon vs Rafaello Oliveira
, Lauzon needs to get his mojo back, he needs a tune-up fight and Oliveira is the worst fighter in the LW division and loses fantastically.
01 Alistair Overeem vs Big Nog
, I think it's the end of the road for one or the other send Overeem into Brazil and see what happens.
Of the winners
1 - Sonnen vs Wanderlei
- because it makes sense ranking wise and I would hate to see Chael fight for the title again so soon after losing to Silva/Jones.
2 - Faber vs McDonald
- for the interim interim's title
or just for the next shot at the whomever wins between Barao/Cruz.
3 - Michael Johnson vs Melvin Guillard
- They aren't training partners anymore and I would like to see some jackson/blackzillian on jackson/blackzillian action.
4. Travis Browne vs Josh Barnett
- Browne isn't a title contender yet, but he's getting close. Barnett would be a very good name to put on his resume.
5. Matt Brown vs Condit/Kampmann winner
- apparently Brown is in the title contention, hard to believe this is the same guy that lost to Seth Baczinski.
6. Conor McGregor vs Korean Zombie
- both have to heal after injuries and Conor has earned a huge step up so he can contend for a title next year.
7. Diego Brandao vs Steven Siler II
- TUF 14 is turning into the new TUF 5, just rematch them along and give the winner Dennis Bermudez.
8. Manvel Gamburyan vs Charles Oliveira
- Olveira deserves an easy fight, Manvel should be that.
9. OSP vs James Te' Huna
- just two big scary guys throwing leather with the loser dropping to the prelims
10. James Vick vs Abel Trujillo
- brawl for it all