***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira Thread - Page 10 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction

Ryan Bader 4 33.33%
Glover Teixeira 8 66.67%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 09-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #91 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 4,466
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
First Bader was like "I'm gonna hit ya!" but then Glover was all "How about I hit you back!" and I was like "Dayyyyyyyyyum!".

(I don't normally talk like this)
I find this post amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaJade View Post
I think people were caught up in the fact that Machida was actually competitive with Jones in the first round while many were expecting him to get steamrolled. At that point, Machida was really the first guy to show any kind of resistance to Jones (until the second round) but I wouldn't quite say Machida "won the round".
And that's my point it wasn't a round that showed us some aspect of Jones's game that fighters can take advantage of, it was just them not engaging, because neither fighter DID anything that damaged the opponent. Machida wasn't dominating him he didn't do any damage to Jones in that round.
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #92 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,475
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Its not about directly comparing between Jones and Tex, but I think Tex and his momentum are better than every single fighter Jones has faced in UFC (in regard of their momentum as well) and that makes the fight interesting at least.
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #93 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,445
cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Its not about directly comparing between Jones and Tex, but I think Tex and his momentum are better than every single fighter Jones has faced in UFC (in regard of their momentum as well) and that makes the fight interesting at least.
Ok, a valid argument I am interested. Now the question is who on his list of who he has beaten adds to his momentum other than DW declaring him the next big thing at LHW? It's like the Matt Brown argument. I would love to see Matt Brown get a shot against GSP, and he has a massive momentum swing on him, but who on his list of victims says that he is a contender?

Please don't take this as me being a dick, I really do want to hear your argument. As far as I currently see it Tex has momentum solely through hype, but I am more than open to hear justification to how I am wrong.

Edit: No matter how I read it in my own head I think I sound like a dick in this post when I am trying not to be.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #94 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,475
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
Ok, a valid argument I am interested. Now the question is who on his list of who he has beaten adds to his momentum other than DW declaring him the next big thing at LHW? It's like the Matt Brown argument. I would love to see Matt Brown get a shot against GSP, and he has a massive momentum swing on him, but who on his list of victims says that he is a contender?

Please don't take this as me being a dick, I really do want to hear your argument. As far as I currently see it Tex has momentum solely through hype, but I am more than open to hear justification to how I am wrong.

Edit: No matter how I read it in my own head I think I sound like a dick in this post when I am trying not to be.
Your word you are not trying to be a dick is more than enough for me. Thanks.

Lets see this. Jones is the undisputed Champion and look back at his own competition. How to compare the 6 winstreak momentum of Matt Brown (which is good, btw) with Glover's 20 fecking fights winstreak (only 2 decisions in this period, btw)? And not mentioning the LHW division at this moment is arguably shallower than the WW in terms of competition.

PS: Not being a dick. Swear.
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #95 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,627
Joabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He Crosses
I think people overreact when they see a fighter stumble slightly. I do not think a rocked man could of picked off Baders shots so comfortably. Not a single shot landed when Glover was backed up to the cage waiting for that fight ending opening.
Joabbuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #96 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 864
anderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joabbuac View Post
I think people overreact when they see a fighter stumble slightly. I do not think a rocked man could of picked off Baders shots so comfortably. Not a single shot landed when Glover was backed up to the cage waiting for that fight ending opening.
Possibly, but I just think his chin is slightly suspect, after seeing him appear to be rocked in that fight, and also in the Maldonado fight where he took one punch all fight and was wobbly, I can't see it taking much from Jones.
anderton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #97 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,171
Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
Ok, a valid argument I am interested. Now the question is who on his list of who he has beaten adds to his momentum other than DW declaring him the next big thing at LHW? It's like the Matt Brown argument. I would love to see Matt Brown get a shot against GSP, and he has a massive momentum swing on him, but who on his list of victims says that he is a contender?

Please don't take this as me being a dick, I really do want to hear your argument. As far as I currently see it Tex has momentum solely through hype, but I am more than open to hear justification to how I am wrong.

Edit: No matter how I read it in my own head I think I sound like a dick in this post when I am trying not to be.
There's more to it than the bottom line of "who has he beat, and where were they ranked?"

He's faced a pretty good wrestler in Kingsbury, and crushed him. He outfought Kyle in every aspect.

He fought a very good Striker in Maldonado and outstruck him. Maldonado is not a complete fighter, and any decent LHW would be able to take him down and dominate him on the ground, but outboxing him is a different accomplishement, and Glover did that easily.

So he isn't just beating mediocre fighters by exploiting their weaknesses, but by beating them at their strengths.

He hit a quick submission on Te-Huna Not a huge accomplishment, but showing his well-roundedness and killer instinct.

His most imressive win is Bader, both in his opponent quality, and method of victory. he outlanded Bader most of the fight, and landed the only TD against another good wrestler. But the finish was spectacular. He got caught, backed up against the cage, which spells big trouble for most fighters, and within seconds had the composure to roll with a couple of hooks, wait for the next combination to come, slip the uppercut beautifully and throw a counter left-right combination that landed right on the numbers and put Bader on his back.

Such quick recovery and acumen in that position is astonishing. Glover is the real deal, and I reach that conclusion not by looking at who he's beaten, but by seeing how he's beaten them.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #98 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,053
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
Ok, a valid argument I am interested. Now the question is who on his list of who he has beaten adds to his momentum other than DW declaring him the next big thing at LHW? It's like the Matt Brown argument. I would love to see Matt Brown get a shot against GSP, and he has a massive momentum swing on him, but who on his list of victims says that he is a contender?

Please don't take this as me being a dick, I really do want to hear your argument. As far as I currently see it Tex has momentum solely through hype, but I am more than open to hear justification to how I am wrong.

Edit: No matter how I read it in my own head I think I sound like a dick in this post when I am trying not to be.
Glover has beat two top tens Bader and Rampage, who was also a former champ. Glover is an undefeated 5-0 in the UFC and undefeated in the last EIGHT years. He has completely dominated all his opponents, not barely won. He only has two losses from more than 8 years ago in his first 4 fights.

Matt Brown hasn't beat a single top 10 fighter let alone a former champ. He is on a six win streak sure, against non top 10s, but he is 11-5 in the UFC total and has nearly a dozen losses in his record, almost in the same range as his number of wins.

The two are not even REMOTELY comparable.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #99 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,959
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
He got caught, backed up against the cage, which spells big trouble for most fighters, and within seconds had the composure to roll with a couple of hooks, wait for the next combination to come, slip the uppercut beautifully and throw a counter left-right combination that landed right on the numbers and put Bader on his back.

Such quick recovery and acumen in that position is astonishing. Glover is the real deal, and I reach that conclusion not by looking at who he's beaten, but by seeing how he's beaten them.
Exactly. MMA needs more moments of skill like this to help legitimize it. Generally, hands in MMA are far far behind boxers. It can be quite embarrassing sometimes. Its to be expected of course, seeing as MMA is so green and covers so many facets. But, seeing how Tex finished this fight warmed me immeasurably. It was utterly splendid. One of the best finishes ive seen in quite some time. In that moment, Tex proved once and for all that hes very much the real deal.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #100 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,627
Joabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderton46 View Post
Possibly, but I just think his chin is slightly suspect, after seeing him appear to be rocked in that fight, and also in the Maldonado fight where he took one punch all fight and was wobbly, I can't see it taking much from Jones.
I don't think Jones hits harder than Maldonado or Bader....
Joabbuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios