***OFFICIAL*** Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson Thread - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Jon Jones (c) 44 80.00%
Alexander Gustafsson 11 20.00%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 07:59 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,256
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCake View Post
Jones via being quicker to the punch and having a more varied attack. The dude is so quick that Gustafsson will only be left wondering what hit him.
huh? jones isn't quick, he catches people by surprise sure but only because he has a varied attack. He's good at range and good with the clinch and top game and Gustafsson i can't see how he wins this at all especially since he said he would win this fight on the outside which is retarded.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Lightweight
 
BrutalKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 1,999
                     
...Quite simply, Gus has earned his title shot but JBJ will make him look a bit silly fighting for it. Gus really is outmatched by Jon in every aspect. Yes- Gus has good hands, good wrestling, good submissions, good footwork and uses his reach well----with that said Jon Jones does ALL of those things and them some on a whole other level. Gus will be a little test for Jones but that's it. Jones with a finish if it goes to the ground a or UD...it won't be that close.

...Since Gus has those long legs, I'm real curious to see if Gus slams some hard legkicks right into the meat of JBJ's comically thin legs. If successful, it could make things become very interesting...
BrutalKO is offline  
post #43 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,297
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
huh? jones isn't quick, he catches people by surprise sure but only because he has a varied attack. He's good at range and good with the clinch and top game and Gustafsson i can't see how he wins this at all especially since he said he would win this fight on the outside which is retarded.
If he can use his kicks and bait Jones in with his footwork, he could beat Jones on the outside.

He won't though.
Joabbuac is offline  
post #44 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 602
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalKO View Post
...Quite simply, Gus has earned his title shot but JBJ will make him look a bit silly fighting for it. Gus really is outmatched by Jon in every aspect. Yes- Gus has good hands, good wrestling, good submissions, good footwork and uses his reach well----with that said Jon Jones does ALL of those things and them some on a whole other level. Gus will be a little test for Jones but that's it. Jones with a finish if it goes to the ground a or UD...it won't be that close.

...Since Gus has those long legs, I'm real curious to see if Gus slams some hard legkicks right into the meat of JBJ's comically thin legs. If successful, it could make things become very interesting...
If you think Jones is better in every aspect than Gus then you believe the hypes. Same could be said of Roy Jones, Mike Tyson and others who were said to be unbeatable. Suddenly they have the best everything.

Jon Jones has better hand speed than Gus? No
Can Jon Jones take a punch better than Gus ? I do not think so
Footwork, Jon Jones is faster on his feet than Gus ? Nope
Punching power, you sure Jon Jones punch harder than Gus ? I am not sure about it
Gustafsson Fan is offline  
post #45 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Welterweight
 
js1316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,176
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson Fan View Post
If you think Jones is better in every aspect than Gus then you believe the hypes. Same could be said of Roy Jones, Mike Tyson and others who were said to be unbeatable. Suddenly they have the best everything.

Jon Jones has better hand speed than Gus? No
Can Jon Jones take a punch better than Gus ? I do not think so
Footwork, Jon Jones is faster on his feet than Gus ? Nope
Punching power, you sure Jon Jones punch harder than Gus ? I am not sure about it
No offense but I think you may be slightly biased. You weren't quoting BrutalKO correctly, you were putting words in his mouth persay. He said JBJ is better at practically everything, which is true. If you think Gus is better at something, what is it? And prove it?
js1316 is offline  
post #46 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 602
                     
I have to proof that Gus has better footwork or hand speed than Jones otherwise Jones is better ?

Is not that biased as well ?
Gustafsson Fan is offline  
post #47 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,297
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw117 View Post
If you think Gus is better at something, what is it? And prove it?


Why does someone have to prove it? How would you even go about proving something like speed, chin or foorwork?
Joabbuac is offline  
post #48 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 07:04 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson Fan View Post
If you think Jones is better in every aspect than Gus then you believe the hypes. Same could be said of Roy Jones, Mike Tyson and others who were said to be unbeatable. Suddenly they have the best everything.

Jon Jones has better hand speed than Gus? No
Can Jon Jones take a punch better than Gus ? I do not think so
Footwork, Jon Jones is faster on his feet than Gus ? Nope
Punching power, you sure Jon Jones punch harder than Gus ? I am not sure about it
Just curious, based on what, why do you feel so confident in those arguments?

Rauno is offline  
post #49 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,709
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
huh? jones isn't quick, he catches people by surprise sure but only because he has a varied attack. He's good at range and good with the clinch and top game and Gustafsson i can't see how he wins this at all especially since he said he would win this fight on the outside which is retarded.
it's how you hit that's more important than how fast you do it which is why Jones is so good, he rarely telegraphs his attacks and he's very unpredictable and that greatly outmatches speed alone
rabakill is offline  
post #50 of 453 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Welterweight
 
js1316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,176
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson Fan View Post
I have to proof that Gus has better footwork or hand speed than Jones otherwise Jones is better ?

Is not that biased as well ?
I'd like to see your reasoning, yes. And no, it would only be biased if I were a Jon Jones fan. I'm not, therefore my opinion can't be biased. You however, with a username like Gustafsson Fan, could definitely be interpreted as being "biased."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joabbuac View Post


Why does someone have to prove it? How would you even go about proving something like speed, chin or foorwork?
He/She doesn't have to, I just asked if he/she could. And you could probably start by looking at both fighters previous fights, and looking at there speed, chin, and footwork.
js1316 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome