He's not obligated to so I don't really care if he does it or not.
^I agree with this.
It's all just a distraction from what could be a very important fight for GSP. If he wins he will...
1) Pass UFC hall of famer Matt "Country Breakfast" Hughes for number of fights won in the UFC (taking sole possession of 1st place, right now they are tied) and double his consecutive win streak in the UFC;
2) Pass future hall of famer Andy "the Spider" Silva for number of UFC title fights won (taking sole possession of 1st place, right now they are tied), and number of wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the fight (taking sole possession of 1st place, right now they are tied);
3) Pass future hall of famer BJ "the Prodigy" Penn for most octagon time (moving into 1st place) and length of career (not a record, simply passing a legend). He will triple Baby Jay's title defenses and the number of title fights Penn won at LW (means a lot considering many consider the Prodigy to be the LW GOAT), and quadruple his consecutive win streak in the UFC;
4) Pass hall of famer Royce Gracie for consecutive wins in the UFC (moving GSP into sole possession of 2nd place, right now they are tied);
5) Georges will compete in his 14th UFC title bout (remaining in 2nd place behind Randy "the Natural" Couture). 59% of the fights in his entire professional career (meaning he fought for titles outside the UFC) will have been for a title (16 title fights out of 27 total fights).
too bad he's getting KO'd.
But y'all carry on. I have to say watching leddellienko lecture others on unreasonable animosity is very entertaining.