Gustafsson: Jon Jones Knows I will Get The Belt - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Fun Police

 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 10,046
Blog Entries: 1
Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Gustafsson: Jon Jones Knows I will Get The Belt

Quote:
“People can say that I won the fight or that I didn’t win the fight, that I won the scorecards or anything. It’s all up to the judges. I didn’t do enough to win the fight and that’s enough for me. That’s enough for me, I don’t need to know anymore. It will just make me feel worse knowing anything else. But, I learned a lot from this fight, it’s just going to make me stronger. Jon Jones can fight whoever he wants and take on whoever, but I will be around him all the time and I will be ready for another fight with him.”

“He can say whatever he wants, but, I’m not done. I’m not happy with the way everything ended and I want that belt. That’s my big goal. I will have my rematch and I will get that belt one day and he knows it, too. So, I can’t wait.”
“Yeah, you know it will be a great fight. No one should count Glover out, because he’s a strong guy and he hits super-hard. He’s a strong guy. But, I think Jones has too many tools for Glover, and I think he will beat him. And for me the big goal is the belt, and if I fight Jones again and take the belt from him, that’s my dream.”

While appearing on this week’s edition of ‘The MMA Hour‘, top light-heavyweight fighter, Alexander Gustafsson discussed his recent defeat at the hands of the champ Jon Jones.

Many people felt as if Gustafsson won, but at the end of the day, the judges scored in favor of Jones.
http://www.bjpenn.com/gustafsson-jon...-get-the-belt/
__________________


"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo • Carlos Condit • Hector Lombard • Edson Barboza • Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
The Best Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,322
The Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Gus is being smart by trying to keep himself relevant in the picture. The longer things go without a rematch, the less chance he will get it. But considering the options at LHW, the only ways Gus wouldn't get the next shot is if he lost his next fight, or if Gus beat Bones.
__________________
The Best Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,233
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
I can't help but wonder how the rematch with Lyoto would have went, but I'm glad I got to see Vitor fight for the title. There are quite a few glaring holes in the LHW champ's game. It's also very difficult to overcome due to his athletic prowess.

It looks like he's plateaued while Gustaf strangely is still peaking as demonstrated with his takedown defense.
__________________
Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
Gustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud of
Exactly. Gustafsson improved 10% from his last bouth with Shogun. With Jones I could see no visual improvement. If Gus keeps this tempo up he will be very well rounded and better than Jones within a year.

It is also not strange. Some guys peak very sharply and early while some peak a few years later in a steady improving pace. Look at Evander Holyfield and Bernard Hopkins for example. Both at their peak when they were way over 30.
Gustafsson Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 4,588
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Well at least Gus can accept that he lost unlike his fans. Jones has already beat everyone else so dominantly I dont see it being too long until we get to enjoy a rematch.
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,648
SM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Gustaf always was a bad fight for Jon, everyone just got blinded by the hype. Watch the fights, not the replays.
__________________
SM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,613
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
I can't help but wonder how the rematch with Lyoto would have went, but I'm glad I got to see Vitor fight for the title. There are quite a few glaring holes in the LHW champ's game.
I would very much like to see a healthy hand Vitor against Bones again.
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,171
Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
I'm 90% certain that when they fight again, Jon will be at least at 85%, which means Gus would have to be at 100% to have anything better than a 50% chance. Mind you, there's a 20% chance that Tex manages to beat Jones, in which case Gus would only need 80% to have a good 75% chance of taking the Belt before Jones gets his second shot.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,706
Joabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson Fan View Post
Exactly. Gustafsson improved 10% from his last bouth with Shogun. With Jones I could see no visual improvement. If Gus keeps this tempo up he will be very well rounded and better than Jones within a year.
Eh, i think he improved by 11%
Joabbuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,089
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
I'm 90% certain that when they fight again, Jon will be at least at 85%, which means Gus would have to be at 100% to have anything better than a 50% chance. Mind you, there's a 20% chance that Tex manages to beat Jones, in which case Gus would only need 80% to have a good 75% chance of taking the Belt before Jones gets his second shot.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios