In defense of Daniel Courmier - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
                   
Not a fan of DC, but I think he's got the goods to do well in HW and LHW. I don't see him beating Jones though.
above is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,236
                     
Cormier is going to drop to 205 you say?





Did you hear? Fedor is going to sign with the UFC too!

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,212
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
Cormier is going to drop to 205 you say?





Did you hear? Fedor is going to sign with the UFC too!
Get with the times here, DC is going to 205 no matter how much you hate him.

I like MMA less because of this forum
GDPofDRB is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,236
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
Get with the times here, DC is going to 205 no matter how much you hate him.
I dont hate him at all, I just think he's full of shit when he talks about dropping because he's been talking about it and NOT doing it...

Hell he'd be the biggest threat to Jones by far IF he could make weight without gimping himself but I suspect he cant or he would have already.

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,212
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
I dont hate him at all, I just think he's full of shit when he talks about dropping because he's been talking about it and NOT doing it...

Hell he'd be the biggest threat to Jones by far IF he could make weight without gimping himself but I suspect he cant or he would have already.
Yeah, that is just weird, and weak, that you choose to grasp at this idea that somehow it isn't possible for a guy to continue to trim pounds off his frame and be able to lose a whomping 19 pounds all together from his UFC 166 fight to his next fight and to you the very notion that this is what he intends to do in the future is complete bs. I don't see how someone could reach that far with criticism for any reason other then blatant dislike. Saying that's not the case is contradiction at it's finest imo.

I like MMA less because of this forum
GDPofDRB is offline  
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,236
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
Yeah, that is just weird, and weak, that you choose to grasp at this idea that somehow it isn't possible for a guy to continue to trim pounds off his frame and be able to lose a whomping 19 pounds all together from his UFC 166 fight to his next fight and to you the very notion that this is what he intends to do in the future is complete bs. I don't see how someone could reach that far with criticism for any reason other then blatant dislike. Saying that's not the case is contradiction at it's finest imo.
Its not weak at all, the guy has been talking about fighting at LHW for almost two years now and well he hasn't. What, dana wont book the fight or something? pfft.

He's also talked about how he has had issues with cutting in the past. So do it or dont do it but quit talking about how your going to have a title soon.

If its not the weight that holds him back what is it? Fear and common sense? LOL. You've been attacking my posts ever since I posted that Cains tat is racist. So who's really pumping out the weak sauce? Are you passive aggressively coming after my posts now out of coincidence or can you just not handle other peoples opinions? Neg me all you want(again) but dont pretend this is about one topic when its really about your lips being chapped due to another topic.

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Gracie Hunter
 
Vale_Tudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,021
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRazor View Post
That said ...... make him fight Gustafson in Sweden.

Why the hell not? You wanna fight for a belt, but you won't fight your boy? Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.....

Fight the big white kid with the super fast hands. In HIS house. Win, you get a shot at the belt.

Happy now?

THAT f*ckin' PPV will sell.
I would love to watch these two fight In Sweden, but It'll never happen. Simply because of the different time zones. If UFC put on a live PPV from Sweden. Start at 8PM. That would be 2PM EST in the States I belive. It just wouldnt sell.

This is why whenever UFC host events overseas they are usually Free on TV with less known names.

DC could still fight Gus, but It will be in the US and on PPV.

Vale_Tudo is offline  
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,383
                     
Cormier should be able to make 205 pretty easy, he came in at 224 without cutting.. most people could cut the 19lbs right there, probably not recommended for Cormier considering what happened to take him out of the Olympics but im sure he can drop a few more pounds and cut the rest.
Joabbuac is offline  
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
Its not weak at all, the guy has been talking about fighting at LHW for almost two years now and well he hasn't. What, dana wont book the fight or something? pfft.
I don't know how you aren't getting it. Cormier almost died from cutting too much weight, so in order to make 205 and not die, he has to lose weight as opposed to cutting lots of weight.

In the Frank Mir fight he weighed 235. In the Nelson fight he weighed 224. Is it so hard to believe that he can lose another 5-8lbs and then cut to 205 for his next fight?

Take off your hate goggles and you might see something there.







El Bresko is offline  
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,212
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
Its not weak at all, the guy has been talking about fighting at LHW for almost two years now and well he hasn't. What, dana wont book the fight or something? pfft.

He's also talked about how he has had issues with cutting in the past. So do it or dont do it but quit talking about how your going to have a title soon.

If its not the weight that holds him back what is it? Fear and common sense? LOL. You've been attacking my posts ever since I posted that Cains tat is racist. So who's really pumping out the weak sauce? Are you passive aggressively coming after my posts now out of coincidence or can you just not handle other peoples opinions? Neg me all you want(again) but dont pretend this is about one topic when its really about your lips being chapped due to another topic.
If it makes you feel better to tell your self that, keep doing it. The negative reputation you have earned is the result of the frequently petty arguments and routinely negative statements you choose to make, like this one with DC. No amount of deflection changes that. Your gripe here in this thread is silly imo as is your opinion that Cain Velasquez is a racist, you warrant a certain type of reputation for those type of opinions according to me and I have no problem standing by my usage of the system currently in place to reflect that.

I like MMA less because of this forum

Last edited by GDPofDRB; 10-23-2013 at 03:46 PM.
GDPofDRB is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome