MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Top 5 in each UFC and PRIDE weight class (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/1513-top-5-each-ufc-pride-weight-class.html)

Rush 08-09-2006 07:23 PM

Top 5 in each UFC and PRIDE weight class
 
In your opinion reply who you think are the top 5 in each weight class, PRIDE and UFC. I'll start first.

UFC/Heavyweights:
1. Tim Sylvia
2. Andrei Arlovski
3. Jeff Monson
4. Brandon Vera
5. Marcio Cruz

PRIDE/Heavyweights:
1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
3. Mirko Filipovic
4. Josh Barnett
5. Mark Hunt

UFC/ Light Heavyweights:
1. Chuck Liddell
2. Tito Ortiz
3. Renato Sobral
4. Forrest Griffin
5. Rashad Evans

PRIDE/ Light Heavyweights:
1. Mauricio Rua
2. Wanderlei Silva
3. Ricardo Arona
4. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
5. Kazuhiro Nakamura

UFC/ Middleweights:
1. Rich Franklin
2. Anderson Silva
3. David Loiseau
4. Nate Marquardt
5. Mike Swick

PRIDE/ Middleweights:
1. Dan Henderson
2. Paulo Filho
3. Denis Kang
4. Amar Suloev
5. Ryo Chonan

UFC/ Welteweights:
1. Matt Hughes
2. Georges St. Pierre (soon to be number one!)
3. BJ Penn
4. Sean Sherk
5. Karo Parisyan

PRIDE/ Lightweights:
1. Takanori Gomi
2. Tatsuya Kawijiri
3. Hayato Sakurai
4. Joachim Hansen
5. Mitsuhiro Ishida

Punishment 101 08-09-2006 11:09 PM

I like you're list , I would only change a few

UFC Heavyweights:

1. Tim Sylvia
2. Andrei Arlovski
3. Jeff Monson
4. Frank Mir
5. Brandon Verra

PRIDE Heavyweights:

1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
3. Mirko Filipovic
4. Josh Barnett
5. Mark Hunt

UFC Light Heavyweights:

1. Chuck Liddell
2. Tito Ortiz
3. Renato Sobral
4. Forrest Griffin
5. Rashad Evans

PRIDE Light Heavyweights:

1. Wanderlei Silva
2. Mauricio Shogun Rua
3. Ricardo Arona
4. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
5. Allistair Overeem

UFC Middleweights:

1. Rich Franklin
2. Anderson Silva
3. David Loiseau
4. Evan Tanner
5. Nate Marquardt

PRIDE Middleweights:

1. Dan Henderson
2. Paulo Filho
3. Murilo Bustamante
4. Dennis Kang
5. Phil Baroni

UFC Welteweights:

1. Matt Hughes
2. Georges St. Pierre
3. BJ Penn
4. Karo Parisyan
5. Diego Sanchez

UFC Lightweights:

1. Jens Pulver (former champ)
2. Sean Sherk
3. Joe Stevenson
4. Yves Edwards
5. Josh Neer

PRIDE Lightweights:

1. Takanori Gomi
2. Hayato Sakurai
3. Joachim Hansen
4. Tatsuya Kawijiri
5. Mitsuhiro Ishida

Rush 08-09-2006 11:20 PM

Dangit forgot about Phil Baroni, I would definitely chose him over Amar Suloev. And I didn't put Frank Mir because ever since his return hes been crap. Marcio Cruz deserves to be on the list more than Mir. By the way where is Paulo Cesar Silva :laugh:.

jdun11 08-10-2006 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punishment 101
I like you're list , I would only change a few

UFC Heavyweights:

1. Tim Sylvia
2. Andrei Arlovski
3. Jeff Monson
4. Frank Mir
5. Brandon Verra

PRIDE Heavyweights:

1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
3. Mirko Filipovic
4. Josh Barnett
5. Mark Hunt

UFC Light Heavyweights:

1. Chuck Liddell
2. Tito Ortiz
3. Renato Sobral
4. Forrest Griffin
5. Rashad Evans

PRIDE Light Heavyweights:

1. Wanderlei Silva
2. Mauricio Shogun Rua
3. Ricardo Arona
4. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
5. Allistair Overeem

UFC Middleweights:

1. Rich Franklin
2. Anderson Silva
3. David Loiseau
4. Evan Tanner
5. Nate Marquardt

PRIDE Middleweights:

1. Dan Henderson
2. Paulo Filho
3. Murilo Bustamante
4. Dennis Kang
5. Phil Baroni

UFC Welteweights:

1. Matt Hughes
2. Georges St. Pierre
3. BJ Penn
4. Karo Parisyan
5. Diego Sanchez

UFC Lightweights:

1. Jens Pulver (former champ)
2. Sean Sherk
3. Joe Stevenson
4. Yves Edwards
5. Josh Neer

PRIDE Lightweights:

1. Takanori Gomi
2. Hayato Sakurai
3. Joachim Hansen
4. Tatsuya Kawijiri
5. Mitsuhiro Ishida

josh neer is a welter weight right??? i agree with pretty much evryone on ur list only 2-3 differences..just dont feel like writing it all out for that..both u guys go pretty good lists tho..:thumbsup:

Punishment 101 08-10-2006 03:12 PM

Yup Josh Neer just fought his last fight at WW against ... Burkman i believe, he said after that fight he will be competing at the 155lb division which i think is perfect for him

Rush 08-10-2006 04:15 PM

Josh Neer is a welterweight but I don't feel like he is one of the top 5 after losing to Josh Burkman. He maybe is 7th if Sherk and Penn are lightweights.

Punishment 101 08-10-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush
Josh Neer is a welterweight but I don't feel like he is one of the top 5 after losing to Josh Burkman. He maybe is 7th if Sherk and Penn are lightweights.

Sherk & Neer are both competing at LW now ... shall i say it again ? :dunno:

Rush 08-10-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punishment 101
Sherk & Neer are both competing at LW now ... shall i say it again ? :dunno:

You mean Sherk and Penn because you originally said Neer is a welterweight.

Punishment 101 08-10-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush
You mean Sherk and Penn because you originally said Neer is a welterweight.


Look at my list again , i have Josh Neer at #5 in the LW Rankings.

BJ Penn at #3 in WW Rankings. Penn's rumored opponent fights at WW which means he might be staying that division...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2