MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   ***OFFICIAL*** Nik Lentz vs. Chad Mendes Thread (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/152081-official-nik-lentz-vs-chad-mendes-thread.html)

Budhisten 12-07-2013 12:41 PM

***OFFICIAL*** Nik Lentz vs. Chad Mendes Thread
 


Featherweight bout: 145 pounds





SM33 12-07-2013 03:32 PM

Hard to bet against Mendes right now.

jonnyg4508 12-07-2013 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SM33 (Post 2432953)
Hard to bet against Mendes right now.

Agree. Lentz has impressed me as of late. But can't go against Mendes right now. Hell, can't go against Alpha Male right now.

Stapler 12-07-2013 03:57 PM

Yeah, Alpha Male is on a roll. Lentz is legit, no doubt, but Mendes is a tall order.. So to speak.

HitOrGetHit 12-07-2013 06:05 PM

Mendes all day.

Stun Gun 12-07-2013 09:30 PM

Mendes will most likely win this one. Lentz will give him troubles though

Joabbuac 12-07-2013 09:40 PM

I think Mendez has by far the best shot of the current crop of FW contenders at defeating Aldo. He is much improved since his dodgy loss in there first fight.

Life B Ez 12-07-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joabbuac (Post 2433649)
I think Mendez has by far the best shot of the current crop of FW contenders at defeating Aldo. He is much improved since his dodgy loss in there first fight.

His loss to Aldo was completely legitimate. Mendes probably wouldn't have gotten finished at the end of the round but he wasn't keep aldo down and he had nothing for him in the second.

Mendes has improved a lot though I do agree, still don't know how much of a shot he has though.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Joabbuac 12-07-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life B Ez (Post 2433665)
His loss to Aldo was completely legitimate. Mendes probably wouldn't have gotten finished at the end of the round but he wasn't keep aldo down and he had nothing for him in the second.

Mendes has improved a lot though I do agree, still don't know how much of a shot he has though.

Like you say he probably wouldn't of been finished at the end of the first, but the 2nd round is all just speculation, anything can happen in an mma fight. I also agree that Aldo would of gone on to win, probably convincingly. But the messy last min robbed Aldo of a legitimate win.

How can you claim it to be legitimate based on a speculation of what Aldo "would" of done.

Life B Ez 12-07-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joabbuac (Post 2433681)
Like you say he probably wouldn't of been finished at the end of the first, but the 2nd round is all just speculation, anything can happen in an mma fight. I also agree that Aldo would of gone on to win, probably convincingly. But the messy last min robbed Aldo of a legitimate win.

How can you claim it to be legitimate based on a speculation of what Aldo "would" of done.

Because its not like Mendes never got him to the ground or is a killer on the ground. He got Aldo down from the same position on Aldo's back and Jose was right back up and previous to that Aldo had made Mendes look foolish. At that point Mendes had literally nothing in the stand up so Mendes spamming take downs not working at all for a round it was only a matter of time. Aldo is also not even close to the first guy to hold the cage and then get a stoppage, yet no one calls those wins illegitimate.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2