***OFFICIAL*** Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald Thread - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Urijah Faber 11 57.89%
Michael McDonald 8 42.11%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,514
                     
Faber deserves more respect that man is one of the ten best p4p fighters in the world.
John8204 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 10:22 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,155
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Faber deserves more respect that man is one of the ten best p4p fighters in the world.
Winning a title fight even once in the last 5 years would help


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 10:38 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,128
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Haters gonna hate. It's quite funny actually.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 07:49 AM
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,272
                     
Best performance from Faber ever.


Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Cerrone, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Lawler

hellholming is offline  
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Flyweight
 
Ddog0587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 338
                     
Faber gets loser of Barao/Cruz. Which I see being Cruz....

Jon Jones | Anderson Silva | Urijah Faber | Benson Henderson | Rampage Jackson | Roy Nelson | Shinya Aoki
Ddog0587 is offline  
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western Massachusetts, New England, United States of America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System
Posts: 1,008
                     
There was omething said at the post show that stupified me: Uriah has never lost a non-title fight.

Let that sink in for a second. Unless you hve a belt you just can't beat him. Think about going into a fight against someone like that. It's not even a gatekeeper he's the bouncer to tbe vip lounge.

I hope he doesn't end up like JDS and will never get a shot again.

.
.
.

Carley Simon, thanks for writing that song about me!
Jesy Blue is offline  
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 09:56 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesy Blue View Post
There was omething said at the post show that stupified me: Uriah has never lost a non-title fight.

Let that sink in for a second. Unless you hve a belt you just can't beat him. Think about going into a fight against someone like that. It's not even a gatekeeper he's the bouncer to tbe vip lounge.

I hope he doesn't end up like JDS and will never get a shot again.
I think it's more due to the fact that he only has 5 non-title fights under the ZUFFA banner.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 10:09 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,128
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I think it's more due to the fact that he only has 5 non-title fights under the ZUFFA banner.
It is his entire Career. His only losses are Tyson Griffin, Mike Brown x2, Jose Aldo, Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao and they were all title fights.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 10:38 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
It is his entire Career. His only losses are Tyson Griffin, Mike Brown x2, Jose Aldo, Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao and they were all title fights.
I'm not denying his overall success but there's also no denying that he has been gifted title fights on a silver platter under the ZUFFA banner. Most of the time when he lost a title fight he got to fight someone not quite his caliber and then got another title shot. Obviously you can't hold it against him, he's not the matchmaker, but it makes this statistic more or less irrelevant.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 4,168
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I'm not denying his overall success but there's also no denying that he has been gifted title fights on a silver platter under the ZUFFA banner. Most of the time when he lost a title fight he got to fight someone not quite his caliber and then got another title shot. Obviously you can't hold it against him, he's not the matchmaker, but it makes this statistic more or less irrelevant.
You mean, he is the Randy Couture of the smaller weight classes, but without winning a titleż
Voiceless is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome