Originally Posted by jonnyg4508
MM was a little overrated, he has hardly beat anyone of note. Slapped a triangle on Pickett who is now a flyweight....other than that? MM isn't ready yet.
Other than those WEC champions Miguel Torres and Cole Escovedo. Cause why would champions be of note. But why don't we go through the rest of the top ten and you can point out who exactlly should be ranked ahead of McDonald.
10. Takeya Mizugaki - lost to two guys McDonald beat (Cariso, Torres)
09. Mike Easton - Dodson, Menijvar, and Beebe, lost to the guy McDonald beat (Pickett)
08. Tj Dillashaw - just lost a close split decision to Rafeal Assunção, other than that
07. Scott Jorgensen - wins over Pickett and Mizugaki but 1-4 in his last five and is now a fly weight (and likely not even a top ten one at that)
06. Brad Pickett - just lost to McDonald and now a flyweight
05. Eddie Wineland - biggest wins over flyweights Jorgensen and Pickett
04. Rafeal Assunção - just won a close split decision..but maybe you can argue he's better than McDonald though he'll likely be ranked ahead of him now.
So one guy, he might be overranked by one guy who come tomorrow will likely be ranked ahead of him.