***OFFICIAL*** Demetrious Johnson vs. Joseph Benavidez Thread - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Demetrious Johnson 10 62.50%
Joseph Benavidez 6 37.50%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,441
                     
No power at flyweight...
Joabbuac is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 10:40 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
It sure sucks having a division full of guys with no knockout power. Another boring decision at flyweight, guys...




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Swp
Bantamweight
 
Swp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 648
                     
Yea ...such a boorriiinng Div ...
No but srsly now ... I still am amazed that a lots of people think that this div its not entertaining ... When its the most etertaining div ever , its like people don't realize that skill, techniq and ffs the speed and precision this fighters have .
Its fascinating.
Swp is offline  
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Mighty Mouse isn't that much better than most of the top guys in the division. He has several flaws that could be exploited. His top control is fairly mediocre, he isn't good off of his back, and his chin is really suspect. He is a really bad matchup for Benavidez though. He is just way too fast for him and a slightly better wrestler.
osmium is offline  
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Swp
Bantamweight
 
Swp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 648
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Mighty Mouse isn't that much better than most of the top guys in the division. He has several flaws that could be exploited. His top control is fairly mediocre, he isn't good off of his back, and his chin is really suspect. He is a really bad matchup for Benavidez though. He is just way too fast for him and a slightly better wrestler.
The prob in this div is that they dont fight much on the ground , they sprug right up in a blink of an eye... maybe I'm mistaken, but I didnt seen a flyweight fight so far longer than 1 min on the ground... maybe DJ vs uncle Creapy ..
Swp is offline  
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swp View Post
The prob in this div is that they dont fight much on the ground , they sprug right up in a blink of an eye... maybe I'm mistaken, but I didnt seen a flyweight fight so far longer than 1 min on the ground... maybe DJ vs uncle Creapy ..
Yeah Creepy was able to exploit it for one round out of two fights. There aren't that many guys who can exploit him in that area at 125 which is probably why he is the champion. You basically have to get at his chin to beat him and he is faster than you are. He is a great fighter but it isn't like with Cruz or Barao where it seems like both guys are nearly impossible to beat you just need the right skill set.
osmium is offline  
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Welterweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,215
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Yeah Creepy was able to exploit it for one round out of two fights. There aren't that many guys who can exploit him in that area at 125 which is probably why he is the champion. You basically have to get at his chin to beat him and he is faster than you are. He is a great fighter but it isn't like with Cruz or Barao where it seems like both guys are nearly impossible to beat you just need the right skill set.
He reminds me of Dominick Cruz in that regard. The guy has holes in his game, just no one seems to be able to fully take advantage of them.

What that means to me is, unless those holes are filled, eventually the right guy will come along. (aka Renan Barao or even post Duane Bang Faber).
amoosenamedhank is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome