***OFFICIAL*** Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate Thread - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Ronda Rousey 28 75.68%
Miesha Tate 8 21.62%
Draw 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 04:43 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,917
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
Cat has a good chance at beating her but IMO she is still the underdog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakler View Post
Cat definitely has the biggest chance to take the title from Rousey. Tate won't even come close to taking that belt.
Cat won't be able to avoid the throw. It's Sara McMann.

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 05:58 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,899
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Cat won't be able to avoid the throw. It's Sara McMann.
Sara is definitely a threat.


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #23 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,527
                     
Glad this isn't main eventing a PPV.

I got Ronda obviously.

She said recently her corner always bets on her, but gets mad at her because of her crappy odds. Said they will have over 20k combined on her for this fight. 20,000 to win 2,500.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #24 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:06 PM
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
 
xxpillowxxjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,598
                     
Im actually pretty hyped for this. Miesha is damn hot, and I really do think she has a chance. I think rousey is one of those people that are more vulnerable the 2nd time you fight them. Simply because she is a one trick (2 tricks if you add in her throws) pony. While miesha has probably gotten better, i think rhonda has probably hit her ceiling.

Bendo | Aldo | Cerrone | Vitor | Fedor | Cormier

Need to book a pro or amateur mma fight in the midsouth area? PM ME!!

Sig by Limba
xxpillowxxjp is offline  
post #25 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 3,890
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
She said recently her corner always bets on her, but gets mad at her because of her crappy odds. Said they will have over 20k combined on her for this fight. 20,000 to win 2,500.
Are people that much involved even allowed to bet on one of the fighters¿

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
Im actually pretty hyped for this. Miesha is damn hot, and I really do think she has a chance. I think rousey is one of those people that are more vulnerable the 2nd time you fight them. Simply because she is a one trick (2 tricks if you add in her throws) pony. While miesha has probably gotten better, i think rhonda has probably hit her ceiling.
Everybody knows exactly what she's going to do. Everybody trains to counter that armbar. So far, everybody fails against her.
Voiceless is online now  
post #26 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Megaweight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,515
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Cat won't be able to avoid the throw. It's Sara McMann.
She does not need to avoid the throw... just the armbar. I don't believe its impossible to avoid and Ronda has shown a vulnerability on the ground to Tate and Carmouche. I still think Cat has the best chance to beat her.
Joabbuac is offline  
post #27 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,499
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
Im actually pretty hyped for this. Miesha is damn hot, and I really do think she has a chance. I think rousey is one of those people that are more vulnerable the 2nd time you fight them. Simply because she is a one trick (2 tricks if you add in her throws) pony. While miesha has probably gotten better, i think rhonda has probably hit her ceiling.
I see it quite the opposite, I think Cat showed us that Tate has pretty much stopped improving while Ronda keeps getting better. Tate looked almost identical fighting Cat that she did going in to fight Ronda the first time.
cdtcpl is offline  
post #28 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,527
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
Im actually pretty hyped for this. Miesha is damn hot, and I really do think she has a chance. I think rousey is one of those people that are more vulnerable the 2nd time you fight them. Simply because she is a one trick (2 tricks if you add in her throws) pony. While miesha has probably gotten better, i think rhonda has probably hit her ceiling.
Really? Ronda has 7 fights and you think she has peaked? If anything I think it is the opposite. Tate didn't look that great at all vs. Kat. Who is to say ROnda is a one trick pony? Just because she dominates girls with that one trick doesn't mean we know she can't do other things. I don't agree with this at all.

Also, I'm not gonna be one to sit and act like I own a private jet and bang super models. But Tate is overrated in the looks department. She has a huge troll face. That ass is nice for sure, but her face is trollish.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #29 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 03:00 AM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,917
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joabbuac View Post
She does not need to avoid the throw... just the armbar. I don't believe its impossible to avoid and Ronda has shown a vulnerability on the ground to Tate and Carmouche. I still think Cat has the best chance to beat her.
Which is exactly why I think an Olympic wrestler will be able to **** her up on the ground. Ronda won't be able to hit a throw to get on top and set up her armbar. Sara can take her down and GnP her and avoid the sub.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is online now  
post #30 of 172 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Which is exactly why I think an Olympic wrestler will be able to **** her up on the ground. Ronda won't be able to hit a throw to get on top and set up her armbar. Sara can take her down and GnP her and avoid the sub.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Well I disagree with you both IMO her vulnerability (as far as the ground game goes) is also her strength, shes fearless and aggressive, she basically ignored both fighters and just worked on what she wanted to do. She kept taking chances and going for subs or positions that she knew they could very possibly counter because shes so confident they cant do anything she cant reverse or get out of so she just dives after what she sees whenever she wants with no regard to what the negatives could be because she doesn't feel anyone can tap her.

Sara is not as big of a threat to Ronda as Cat because of Cats stand up, Cat has solid BJJ and it might be good enough to allow her to get back to her feet with Ronda.

I think Ronda can bang with Sara. Being a wrestler is great but in this instance with the skill sets of the two I would think Ronda would just wrap her up or stop her td's.

Why would Ronda not be able to hit her throws? I see nothing that would lead me to believe that Sara can take Ronda down and keep her down or stop Rondas throws, IDK I think Ronda is a bad match for anyone but for Sara as well.

Regardless those are the two with the best shot at beating her. I find it odd that nobody can stop Ronda's TD's so she takes them down and that makes her one dimensional? Like its her fault IDK.

"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome