GSP to vacate title - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 12-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #51 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,566
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
You routinely got into pissing matches with real Diaz fans.
I am so devastated I don't qualify for such noble title...
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."

McConaughey owns DiCaprio
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #52 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,131
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
I am so devastated I don't qualify for such noble title...
I'm not. No goofballs allowed.

dana-white-talks-fox-9-gsps-future-askren-strawweights-more

In other news Dana calls GSPs Goonie Candian underground MMA hero a Kardashian. And said he never told GSP he won the fight. Said he had a nice conversation with GSP but his friend is making fabricating it.

So we have GSP's friends lie and tell the media Uncle Dana said GSP won. Desperate much...?
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #53 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,324
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I perhaps got you and Pheel mixed up.

Either way I don't think you have rooted against GSP ever. Most all the guys he fights you find ways to pick apart. You are indeed bias to a couple fighters as anyone is. Hypocrisy title still stands.
There's so much wrong with this. You can't prove these ridiculous accusations, you blatantly make things up, yet the "title" still stands purely because you say it does? The American justice system must be a doozie if this is what passes as evidence.

Too proud to backtrack, even when wrong. Typical Jonny.

Quote:
You just flat out refuse to acknowledge how many fighters and media heads had Hendricks winning. Some as far as calling a robbery. I have brought it up to you countless times and you basically say those people don't matter GSP won that fight.
I've never said they don't matter. I just disagree with them. As did the judges. There's a difference. The fact is, the fight could have gone to Hendricks and I wouldn't have cared, because it was that close. However, I disagree with the term robbery - 3 rounds to Hendricks and 2 rounds to GSP, were we to score it as such, is still a very close fight. How that could be considered a robbery is beyond me. A robbery is Hendricks winning all 5 rounds and still losing the fight. I wouldn't have to explain this to someone who could think logically and didn't smack of bias himself.

Quote:
Anyone on hear that dare say robbery you confront as if they are crazy. Condit, a fighter you like, respect, says it on twitter in caps, and it is like "meh we disagree, so what". It is just funny how fighters you like and respect even blatantly insult GSPs win by bashing the decision.
I don't treat them like they're crazy. I call out people who say that Hendricks "destroyed" GSP. Blatant hyperbole deserves to be called out. If Hendricks destroyed GSP, there'd be no question who won the fight, because it would have ended via TKO or KO. Hendricks certainly put a pounding on GSP - at times - but destruction is a special term reserved for performances like Bader vs. Perosh or Penn vs. Sanchez. That was destruction, and there was zero question who won those decisions.

Fighters I respect don't have to agree with my opinion, nor do I have to agree with theirs. Disagreeing with a fighter doesn't equate to disrespecting a fighter, no matter how much you'd like to insist it does.

Your arguments aren't even sensible at this point. Just walk away
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,131
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
There's so much wrong with this. You can't prove these ridiculous accusations, you blatantly make things up, yet the "title" still stands purely because you say it does? The American justice system must be a doozie if this is what passes as evidence.

Too proud to backtrack, even when wrong. Typical Jonny.
I'm too proud? I admitted I mixed you up. I'm sorry I don't know who every poster roots for here.

You called me out for having a bias against GSP. Yet you and most all others have bias vs. many fighters as well. Or for. Is that not hypocrisy? Or am I missing something? You have piled on guys you don't like. You don't like Hendricks or anyone who says he won...so much so you have said GSP kicked his ass (jokingly I think) but either way.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #55 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,566
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
However, I disagree with the term robbery - 3 rounds to Hendricks and 2 rounds to GSP, were we to score it as such, is still a very close fight. How that could be considered a robbery is beyond me. A robbery is Hendricks winning all 5 rounds and still losing the fight. I wouldn't have to explain this to someone who could think logically and didn't smack of bias himself.
Not saying in any way or leaving in the air that fight was a robbery, but to be fair, the bold part of your quote is not a correct definition of robbery.

You can take only one dollar from someone or 100.000, both cases still qualify as robbery. If the judges had to transform an obvious 5-0 win to Hendricks into a GSP victory that would be a blatant robbery. The fact the fight was that close, taking one point from here and applying there only would make things easier for a supposed group of dishonest judges. Moving a single point where it not belongs is robbery.
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."

McConaughey owns DiCaprio
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #56 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,747
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
There's so much wrong with this. You can't prove these ridiculous accusations, you blatantly make things up, yet the "title" still stands purely because you say it does? The American justice system must be a doozie if this is what passes as evidence.

Oh look who would have guessed. Canadian Psycho making negative remarks about America once again. *Shocker*

__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #57 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,324
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Alright, boys. Let's dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I'm too proud? I admitted I mixed you up. I'm sorry I don't know who every poster roots for here.

You called me out for having a bias against GSP. Yet you and most all others have bias vs. many fighters as well. Or for. Is that not hypocrisy? Or am I missing something? You have piled on guys you don't like. You don't like Hendricks or anyone who says he won...so much so you have said GSP kicked his ass (jokingly I think) but either way.
You did admit that you might have me confused with another poster, but you then proceeded to assume that I've never rooted for anyone other than GSP all the same. You more or less said, "That might not have been you, but it's still you regardless". I admit I often root for GSP as he's one of my favourite fighters. That's what fans do. But I was also very vocal about my support for Condit and Diaz. Those were two fights in particular where I would have been more than happy had either man won, especially in the case of Carlos Condit, who I perceive as a champion in every sense of the word.

I also admit that I am biased when it comes to GSP and other fighters such as Chael Sonnen. You're correct when you say that almost every fan is biased. Again, that's the very nature of having a favourite fighter. But there's a difference in that you let your bias against GSP cloud your better judgment. I rarely let my bias for GSP cloud mine. Just because I believe GSP won the fight on points doesn't mean I don't believe that Hendricks could have won that fight, or that he put the worst beating on St. Pierre we've ever seen. I take issue with statements such as "Hendricks was robbed" and "Hendricks destroyed GSP" because these are blatant exaggerations. I've never said that Hendricks couldn't have won the decision period, or that he didn't have GSP in trouble. Hendricks could have "won" on damage. And GSP could have "won" on strategy. It was a close fight that could have gone either way, and I admit that. You're the one who argues with anybody who so much as suggests that the fight was close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Not saying in any way or leaving in the air that fight was a robbery, but to be fair, the bold part of your quote is not a correct definition of robbery.

You can take only one dollar from someone or 100.000, both cases still qualify as robbery. If the judges had to transform an obvious 5-0 win to Hendricks into a GSP victory that would be a blatant robbery. The fact the fight was that close, taking one point from here and applying there only would make things easier for a supposed group of dishonest judges. Moving a single point where it not belongs is robbery.
I understand what you're getting at, but this is MMA and not the legal justice system. Close decisions happen all of the time, and we very rarely refer to them as robberies. You're thinking of it in literal terms. In MMA, if someone wins 5 or 4 rounds and still loses, that would be a robbery - to me anyway. If someone wins 3 rounds and loses 2, and then loses the decision, that's more of an "Eh, could have gone either way" than a robbery. Again, just my opinion.

MMA is complicated enough without looking at decisions as "almost robberies", "robberies", and "blatant robberies". I'm more inclined to stick with robberies and close decisions. I view GSP/Hendricks as a close decision that could have gone either way. One man just so happened to do more damage in the rounds he won, and so I understand why most scored it for Hendricks. But the fact is, you can beat your opponent senseless for 2 rounds, lose the next 3, and justifiably lose the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Oh look who would have guessed. Canadian Psycho making negative remarks about America once again. *Shocker*

Hello, Sideways.

Welcome to the internet. My name is Canadian Psycho. I occasionally enjoy taking the piss. This means taking light hearted jabs at the United States, but also other countries such as England and Australia, residents of whom often meet my barbs in kind, which I welcome because I have a sense of humour and don't treat the internet as gospel. I apologize that you take my comments to heart and have a face that only Soojooko's mother could love.

Lighten up, Francis.

Best regards,
CP
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #58 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,324
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Apologies for the double post.

Further to the above, it's not that I even dislike Johny Hendricks. Frankly, he's a tremendous fighter and very exciting to watch. But he's a hypocrite and he deserves to be called out and given some flack. All I ever hear from Hendricks himself is that he doesn't talk smack, and he lets his hands do the talking. And yet all he did for a year prior to his fight with GSP was run his mouth about how St. Pierre was ducking him. All he did during the lead-up to their fight was talk about how he'd smash GSP in a wrestling match. And all he's done after the fight is talk about how GSP should want to retire and avoid fighting him a second time.

Johny Hendricks is the worst type of hypocrite. He claims to be a humble person who doesn't talk trash, yet it's more than apparent that he's a very bitter man whom talks nothing but trash. I'd have more respect for Hendricks if he embraced the fact that he's human and prone to bouts of bitterness, anger, and smack talk. Instead he claims to be the salt of the earth. So while I don't hate or dislike Johny Hendricks by any stretch, of course I'm going to call him out on his BS. I did the same with Jon Jones when he was pretending to be some God fearing, meek, and humble individual. I would much prefer that fighters be open, honest, and true to themselves. Anything else feels forced and fake, and Hendricks often comes across as fake with his self proclaimed "quiet man" persona. He's never passed up an opportunity to run down St. Pierre. I don't know that Hendricks knows about respect.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #59 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
H33LHooK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where it's cold- very cold.
Posts: 691
H33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of Knowledge
So what time is this presser shizznit going down?

.
H33LHooK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
tommydaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 526
tommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level nowtommydaone is on another level now
Quote:
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 5m
RDS.ca just reported that GSP will announce he's taking an indefinite leave from MMA and giving up his belt.
Noooooooooooooooo
tommydaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios