***OFFICIAL*** Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi Thread - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Lyoto Machida 33 70.21%
Gegard Mousasi 13 27.66%
Draw 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 03:35 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I've felt that way in the past. Not "hate" but want to see lose, definitely. Anderson for example, his fans tend to drive me nuts sometimes. Some people think he's literally made out of magic to a point where they said he allowed Sonnen to dominate him for those 4.5 rounds on purpose so that he could get a flashy sub at the end. They treat the guy the same way we treat Rob Emerson, only they are actually serious about it.

Not all fans mind you, but enough to have made me want to pull my hair out at some points and want the guy KO'd multiple times.
Yeah but he did play with Sonnen for 4,5 rounds just so he could get a flashy sub at the end..

Rauno is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 03:40 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,725
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Yeah but he did play with Sonnen for 4,5 rounds just so he could get a flashy sub at the end..
That's very true now that you explained it to me in that level of detail.
M.C is offline  
post #53 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 4,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I've felt that way in the past. Not "hate" but want to see lose, definitely. Anderson for example, his fans tend to drive me nuts sometimes. Some people think he's literally made out of magic to a point where they said he allowed Sonnen to dominate him for those 4.5 rounds on purpose so that he could get a flashy sub at the end. They treat the guy the same way we treat Rob Emerson, only they are actually serious about it.

Not all fans mind you, but enough to have made me want to pull my hair out at some points and want the guy KO'd multiple times.
Dude, there is EVIDENCE that Silva actually did exactly that (and Machida knew), just click on the link in my sig!
Voiceless is online now  
post #54 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:15 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
               
Mousasi is very intelligent creative fighter the way he finished Manhoef or Souza show how game-smart he is.
His weakness he cant finish guys like Machida can with one strike.
Lyoto is very good at those trips and throwing people off their balance, he even tripped Bj Penn 4-5 times allthough he looked twice his size there.

He got knocked out by Shogun but it was due to series of punches and wasnt a brutal ko like Rashad-Chuck kind of ko.

Machida is too good at bjj to be caught in something silly like 1st round triangle like Manhoef did,
he is not Latifi to take punches and not return anything, so i dont see how can Mousasi defeat him
?
Machida wins, if Mousasi has a chance its to catch Machida with something like Shogun did, i have a gut feeling something crazy like that might happen.
iksanivica is offline  
post #55 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,212
                     
I'm predicting a slow, plodding fight. Neither of these guys come out overly aggressive, especially when they know their opponent has prowess to rival their own in the striking. I got Machida with a UD or possibly an out of nowhere KO.

I like MMA less because of this forum
GDPofDRB is offline  
post #56 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 05:33 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,249
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksanivica View Post
Mousasi is very intelligent creative fighter the way he finished Manhoef or Souza show how game-smart he is.
His weakness he cant finish guys like Machida can with one strike.
Lyoto is very good at those trips and throwing people off their balance, he even tripped Bj Penn 4-5 times allthough he looked twice his size there.

He got knocked out by Shogun but it was due to series of punches and wasnt a brutal ko like Rashad-Chuck kind of ko.

Machida is too good at bjj to be caught in something silly like 1st round triangle like Manhoef did,
he is not Latifi to take punches and not return anything, so i dont see how can Mousasi defeat him
?
Machida wins, if Mousasi has a chance its to catch Machida with something like Shogun did, i have a gut feeling something crazy like that might happen.
This is one of the better breakdowns I've read thus far. I watched Mousasi's last fight. One thing that Lyoto does is circle left which could lead to a right cross or right kicks. The edge is definitely with Lyoto and I want to see him vs Weidman, but I also want to see Mousasi against Weidman.

It's gonna be damn interesting cuz I've never seen Gegard fight backwards. He's always stalking. If his chin was like Hendo I'd actually favour him. I don't know how solid his chin is because I've never seen him get rocked. Dude fought 39 fights with only sub/decision losses...SO FAR.

I think both Vitor and Weidman want Gegard to win cuz they know Lyoto is by far the bigger threat. I wish they would have given Bisping to Machida instead of Mousasi to make it an easier path...lolz! BUT I suppose this is a very good test for both.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #57 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 06:39 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,130
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksanivica View Post
Mousasi is very intelligent creative fighter the way he finished Manhoef or Souza show how game-smart he is.
His weakness he cant finish guys like Machida can with one strike.
Lyoto is very good at those trips and throwing people off their balance, he even tripped Bj Penn 4-5 times allthough he looked twice his size there.

He got knocked out by Shogun but it was due to series of punches and wasnt a brutal ko like Rashad-Chuck kind of ko.

Machida is too good at bjj to be caught in something silly like 1st round triangle like Manhoef did,
he is not Latifi to take punches and not return anything, so i dont see how can Mousasi defeat him
?
Machida wins, if Mousasi has a chance its to catch Machida with something like Shogun did, i have a gut feeling something crazy like that might happen.
Err Mousasi can finish anyone like Machida with one strike, no doubt. When Shogun stopped Lyoto it wasn't crazy or his only chance, he did not 'catch' him. It was simply being better at the time, a great counter.

Machida took Penn down, so what? Mousasi took Fedor down, nearly submitted him. Means nothing.

Shogun did not stop Lyoto with a series of strikes, he dropped Lyoto with a counter and the fight was over.

Mousasi does not need to finish Lyoto with one strike, this fight can go any way. To take a punch and not return anything depends on how you take the punch, not on how Latifi took punches.

SM33 is offline  
post #58 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 4,095
                     
I can see both guys playing it relatively safe unfortunately. I really want Mousasi to win, but Machida will probably win a UD.

Rygu is online now  
post #59 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 10:22 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 19
 
I really felt like Machida was going to dominate this fight and then I felt even more confident after watching Edmond Tarverdyan media scrum this week, where he openly admitted that this was a bad match up for Mousasi.

I've placed a bet on Machida to win and also a bet on Machida to win by knock out or TKO.

I just don't see how Machida can lose this fight, espiecially since Brazilian judges always tend to be biased, when fights go to a decision in Brazil...

http://mmabettingtips.com/ufc-bettin...chida-mousasi/
MMABettingTips is offline  
post #60 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 08:08 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Err Mousasi can finish anyone like Machida with one strike, no doubt. When Shogun stopped Lyoto it wasn't crazy or his only chance, he did not 'catch' him. It was simply being better at the time, a great counter.

Machida took Penn down, so what? Mousasi took Fedor down, nearly submitted him. Means nothing.

Shogun did not stop Lyoto with a series of strikes, he dropped Lyoto with a counter and the fight was over.

Mousasi does not need to finish Lyoto with one strike, this fight can go any way. To take a punch and not return anything depends on how you take the punch, not on how Latifi took punches.
You don't know what you are talking about do you.

First Shogun did not stop Machida with ONLY one strike have you ever watched that fight ?
After Shoguns counter Lyoto was still defending on the ground and then he got finished with Shoguns trademark from Pride days : big drop-down punch from standing position and few more punches and then the fight was stopped, go and find it on youtube.

Bj Penn at his prime was not easy to take down almost nobody in welter-lightweight was able to take him down,
if you are able to take down such fighter with that good takedown defense with ease what does this teach you?

Mousasi can finish a fight with one punch ? Haha please dont make me laugh so hard its not healthy - iv seen most of his fights the best he can do is sloppy tko that looks questionable or like it's rigged for the bookies (example laughable Goodridge or Sokodju tko "finishes" - both had wtf expression after the finish).
The way he ko-ed Souza was impressive in the way he lured Souza with a fake upkick then followed by real stronger upkick for a beautiful counter.
Maybe i do dislike Mousasi a bit but i really love to watch him outsmart-outfight people, but iv never seen him impressively KO someone with punches.
iksanivica is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome