Herb Dean-petition to get rid of him! - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Herb Dean should be fired or not?
Yes 9 31.03%
No 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,163
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
Bwah...I guess it was a mistake to make this poll or I worded it wrong. It should have been titled "Dislike or like Herb Dean" not get him fired or not. Btu Big John is still the best referee ever!
I agree Big john is an excellent Ref.. one of the better ones around... the poll would be better if you had it as agree or disagree with his call

RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 05:37 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30
 
It's a good enough point

I was waiting for it to be a witch hunt, but some good empirical evidence was presented. Not enough to get him fired by any means, but next time maybe we get Mazzagata, or the real man BIG John doing a bout I just paid 40 bucks to see. Its fighting, Id rather see a beat down then a puss stoppage for 40 bucks. Maybe its the sadist in me. Even Dana acknowledged it was a questionable stoppage. Next time he'd get it right. And the Mir Sylvia fight is a bad example. Anytime a fighter has to have screws inserted to fix a submission break is a good indicator of a proper stoppage.
aubdoggy is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,163
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubdoggy
I was waiting for it to be a witch hunt, but some good empirical evidence was presented. Not enough to get him fired by any means, but next time maybe we get Mazzagata, or the real man BIG John doing a bout I just paid 40 bucks to see. Its fighting, Id rather see a beat down then a puss stoppage for 40 bucks. Maybe its the sadist in me. Even Dana acknowledged it was a questionable stoppage. Next time he'd get it right. And the Mir Sylvia fight is a bad example. Anytime a fighter has to have screws inserted to fix a submission break is a good indicator of a proper stoppage.
actually the fight should be stopped just before that point.. no one wants to see a fighters caerer get ended.. but its an extremely hard call to make as every fighter cna withstand more then a different fighter.. so its really the ref best judgement

RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 11:06 PM
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,222
                     
Herb stopped all of those fights at the right point, even though some people think that he stopped the tanner/franklin fight early. All of those fights were going to be lopsided, except for Sylvia/Mir (MAYBE).



Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Future UFC LW Champ
 
CTFlyingKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,957
           
Big John and Herb should get it on for the top ref. position haha
CTFlyingKnee is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:23 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6
 
I agree with RUSH. Herb Dean IS the worst ref in UCF. I will even go one farther and say that he is the worst ref in all of the MMA world. He needs to get a job reffing for Vince McMann, at least then it would fit his peaceful and hollywood reffing style! Give him a script and put him in WWE, he would fit much better there.
steelshadow is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:38 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,288
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelshadow
I agree with RUSH. Herb Dean IS the worst ref in UCF. I will even go one farther and say that he is the worst ref in all of the MMA world. He needs to get a job reffing for Vince McMann, at least then it would fit his peaceful and hollywood reffing style! Give him a script and put him in WWE, he would fit much better there.
As a MMA fan you may not agree with some of the decisions Herb Dean made! Herb Dean is not there to please the fans, that's the fighters job. His job is to oversee the match with the fighters best interest in mind.
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Yo
 
UFCFAN33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,703
                     
TRue that, plus the Polls dont lie
UFCFAN33 is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
 
Well some people pay 40 bucks to see a big knockout or a gruesome fight the way John McCarthy stops them not the way Herb Dean stops them in two seconds. Plus some of us have a list of favourite fighters, we don't like our favourite fighters being stopped shortly and robbed.
Rush is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Flyweight
 
ColossalCanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada!
Posts: 374
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
Well some people pay 40 bucks to see a big knockout or a gruesome fight the way John McCarthy stops them not the way Herb Dean stops them in two seconds. Plus some of us have a list of favourite fighters, we don't like our favourite fighters being stopped shortly and robbed.
nobody was robbed...and I pay my 40 bucks to watch good fights, whether they are tkos in 15 seconds or decision i dont care, but if there is a bad fight i dont blame the ref but the fighters
ColossalCanadian is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome