***OFFICIAL*** Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia Thread - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction

Rory MacDonald 10 43.48%
Demian Maia 13 56.52%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,568
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebonecrusher View Post
I feel MacDonald is the stronger of the two and will be able to dictate more of where the fight takes places...
Who is stronger between Rory Mac and Gabriel Gonzaga?



War Maia.
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."

McConaughey owns DiCaprio
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,703
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Who is stronger between Rory Mac and Gabriel Gonzaga?



War Maia.
I'm confused by what this is proving. Maia at a higher weight, in a gi repeatedly pulled guard on a guy in a sport where you cannot strike and the object is to grapple. I also never at any point seen Maia just out muscle Gonzaga. It's not like Gonzaga had the option of just standing up or not engaging he has no way of winning that way.

If you think Maia can clinch Rory and drag him to the floor then okay, no argument but that video doesn't have anything to do with Rory being stronger than guys Maia fought in the same sport. I also included footwork being better.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #33 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,568
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
I quoted about strength. I posted about strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
I'm confused by what this is proving. Maia at a higher weight, in a gi repeatedly pulled guard on a guy in a sport where you cannot strike and the object is to grapple. I also never at any point seen Maia just out muscle Gonzaga. It's not like Gonzaga had the option of just standing up or not engaging he has no way of winning that way.

If you think Maia can clinch Rory and drag him to the floor then okay, no argument but that video doesn't have anything to do with Rory being stronger than guys Maia fought in the same sport. I also included footwork being better.
You never saw Maia out muscle Gonzaga? Exactly. How could he anyway, right? That's exactly my point. How come you didn't get it, then?

My quote and my post were very clear addressing the mentioned strength advantage in favor of Rory.
Now, where will someone's strength be more of use? In a grappling match or in a striking match? What does strength has to do with footwork and where did I say that?
That's the reason the grappling video was used and even Maia being heavier and Gonzaga lighter, the difference in strength is still way bigger than from Rory/Maia. Maia won being the more technical fighter.

Rory stronger than fighters Maia fought in the same sport? May be you mean this particular category, WW? Rory can defeat Maia if he keeps the fight standing or if he shows good defensive technique in the grappling department. Strength always play a role, but Maia has fought much stronger athletes than Rory Mac and I don't see difference in strength being the major issue in a WW fight for him. That's what I mean, again.
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."

McConaughey owns DiCaprio
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #34 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,703
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
You never saw Maia out muscle Gonzaga? Exactly. How could he anyway, right? That's exactly my point. How come you didn't get it, then?

My quote and my post were very clear addressing the mentioned strength advantage in favor of Rory.
Now, where will someone's strength be more of use? In a grappling match or in a striking match? What does strength has to do with footwork and where did I say that?
That's the reason the grappling video was used and even Maia being heavier and Gonzaga lighter, the difference in strength is still way bigger than from Rory/Maia. Maia won being the more technical fighter.

Rory stronger than fighters Maia fought in the same sport? May be you mean this particular category, WW? Rory can defeat Maia if he keeps the fight standing or if he shows good defensive technique in the grappling department. Strength always play a role, but Maia has fought much stronger athletes than Rory Mac and I don't see difference in strength being the major issue in a WW fight for him. That's what I mean, again.
Why exactly could you not just make this your first post without the condescending attitude? Instead you post a video and war maia. Nothing about believe it will be due to maia being more technical. Which is why when I said I believed Rory has better footwork than story or Fitch, as in Rory will be more technical and avoid the clinch...I also would suspect you of all people would know the difference between mma grappling and gi grappling, so the video again does not apply, Maia isn't pulling guard on anyone in MMA they will just stall and stand up, which is not a viable option in a grappling match.

Also you cannot post "what I mean again" when you haven't said it previous, again implies you're saying it at least twice. In our interaction this post is your first time saying anything about technique, and once again if your first post was meant to explain all of that with a video, why not just include this information?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #35 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,568
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Why exactly could you not just make this your first post without the condescending attitude? Instead you post a video and war maia. Nothing about believe it will be due to maia being more technical. Which is why when I said I believed Rory has better footwork than story or Fitch, as in Rory will be more technical and avoid the clinch...I also would suspect you of all people would know the difference between mma grappling and gi grappling, so the video again does not apply, Maia isn't pulling guard on anyone in MMA they will just stall and stand up, which is not a viable option in a grappling match.

Also you cannot post "what I mean again" when you haven't said it previous, again implies you're saying it at least twice. In our interaction this post is your first time saying anything about technique, and once again if your first post was meant to explain all of that with a video, why not just include this information?
So, I was having a condescending attitude because I posted a video of Maia grappling with a much stronger athlete where I specifically quoted and mentioned the strength factor?
Just because yourself couldn't make a simple association of ideas it doesn't make me condescending.

And yes, that was what I meant in the first, and second post. You not getting doesn't change a thing.

PS: Rory Mac is stronger than Chael Sonnen, alright.
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."

McConaughey owns DiCaprio
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,325
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
MMA-Sportsman is this forum's biggest homer, lol.

Rory and Maia are both solid, so I'm happy no matter who wins. I really do believe that Rory will be able to avoid getting taken down by Maia, and if that's the case, Rory wins the stand-up exchange all day long. Just my two cents, though who can really be certain of how any match will unfold.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #37 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,674
Joabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He Crosses
Maia should of plenty of chances to take Rory down, Rory leans at the waist when he jabs... putting a lot of weight down on that front leg, if he slips that jab he can get on on a leg, throw in a leg kick first and with Maia's persistence on a takedown he shouldn't fail to take Rory down.
Joabbuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 262
jaycalgary will become famous soon enoughjaycalgary will become famous soon enoughjaycalgary will become famous soon enoughjaycalgary will become famous soon enoughjaycalgary will become famous soon enoughjaycalgary will become famous soon enoughjaycalgary will become famous soon enoughjaycalgary will become famous soon enough
I am just really sick of seeing these retards wearing the big stupid headphones that aren't even hooked up. Bunch of sell outs. I hope the clowns that do lose.
jaycalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #39 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,674
Joabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycalgary View Post
I am just really sick of seeing these retards wearing the big stupid headphones that aren't even hooked up. Bunch of sell outs. I hope the clowns that do lose.
You wouldn't put on some stupid headphones if someone was paying you?

You would sip your empty can of xyience energy drink and listen to your silent headphones if you were offer money to do so.
Joabbuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #40 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,568
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
MMA-Sportsman is this forum's biggest homer, lol.
You're welcome, but to be fair, I don't pull for every countrymen all the time no matter what. That wouldn't be accurate to say.

I don't expect to you to know my black list by heart, of course, but Vitor, Pepey, Thiago Silva are some examples.

Anyway, Maia is indeed one of my favorites.

That shall be a great fight.
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."

McConaughey owns DiCaprio
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios