The UFC is developing fighter uniforms - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,920
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I know people have been saying this for years, but it does seem like the UFC is trying to become a vertical monopoly (or perhaps monopsony). Control everything about the sport from top to bottom with the exception of tiny niche businesses and feeder orgs. This is just another step in that direction.
They are trying to be the NFL. And honestly, I can't blame them. If there was a fighters union I'd actually support it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,539
                     
Becoming less of a fan of the UFC by the day. This is really pathetic.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 03:43 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
They are trying to be the NFL. And honestly, I can't blame them.
Except the NFL is a non-profit and doesn't put the lion's share of the income into the hands of a few shareholders instead of the athletes...

Quote:
If there was a fighters union I'd actually support it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Me too.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is online now  
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,212
                     
Nike announced they are filing an infringement lawsuit against Venum MMA appear. Apparently Nike has a Venom apparel line and they say Venum is the same as Venom, their demands include a cease and desist of all things having to do with the name Venum and that all inventories with the name Venum on them be destroyed.

Something about all of this makes me think Nike+Zuffa=UFC Uniforms and this is an outlined task to that end. No tin foil hat needed.

I like MMA less because of this forum
GDPofDRB is offline  
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 04:03 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
Nike announced they are filing an infringement lawsuit against Venum MMA appear. Apparently Nike has a Venom apparel line and they say Venum is the same as Venom, their demands include a cease and desist of all things having to do with the name Venum and that all inventories with the name Venum on them be destroyed.

Something about all of this makes me think Nike+Zuffa=UFC Uniforms and this is an outlined task to that end. No tin foil hat needed.
They should sue venomous snakes as well. and scorpions. definitely all scorpions owe nike some cash.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is online now  
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 04:04 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
Nike announced they are filing an infringement lawsuit against Venum MMA appear. Apparently Nike has a Venom apparel line and they say Venum is the same as Venom, their demands include a cease and desist of all things having to do with the name Venum and that all inventories with the name Venum on them be destroyed.

Something about all of this makes me think Nike+Zuffa=UFC Uniforms and this is an outlined task to that end. No tin foil hat needed.
When I read that they were working with a major apparel company I thought Nike was the obvious candidate considering their existing relationship. I'm guessing the UFC brand seen on fighters like Jones and Rousey would be under the Nike umbrella and I'd imagine they would just slap a swoosh on all the apparel that has the UFC logo on it. Just my guess.
Maybe they will have their own Nike branch kind of like Michael Jordan.
OU is offline  
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 04:04 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,068
                     
'We are, we're working on it, but nothing yet.'

Keep em sweet business 101, I doubt the UFC will have a strict uniform code.

SM33 is offline  
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 04:08 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
'We are, we're working on it, but nothing yet.'

Keep em sweet business 101, I doubt the UFC will have a strict uniform code.
I don't think it would be a "code" they would just supply all fighters with the same style gear. Maybe they have red and blue for the red corner and blue corner or maybe the colors themselves will be up to the fighter? Either way it's not going to be like a dress code where a fighters gear must meet certain specs. They would supply the fighters with the gear.
OU is offline  
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 04:12 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
I don't think it would be a "code" they would just supply all fighters with the same style gear. Maybe they have red and blue for the red corner and blue corner or maybe the colors themselves will be up to the fighter? Either way it's not going to be like a dress code where a fighters gear must meet certain specs. They would supply the fighters with the gear.
That sounds awful tbh. Every fighter would look the same, like they're a cast of the latest season of TUF or sth.

Rauno is offline  
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 04:18 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
That sounds awful tbh. Every fighter would look the same, like they're a cast of the latest season of TUF or sth.
Yeah I could see it being very similar to what is on TUF. You would have the fighter and his corner wearing the same thing and likely the other side wearing the same thing of a different color.
OU is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome