MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Lyoto Machida on TRT "I would do" (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/161753-lyoto-machida-trt-i-would-do.html)

SideWays222 02-21-2014 02:31 AM

Lyoto Machida on TRT "I would do"
 
Quote:

File this one under surprising.
Apparently UFC middleweight Lyoto Machida has no qualms about testosterone replacement therapy and its use in his sport.
Machida has been all over the media after his unanimous decision win over Gregard Mousasi at UFC Fight Night 36. He spoke to Brazilian website Lance!Net about his thoughts on the upcoming middleweight title fight between Chris Weidman and Vitor Belort.
The most surprising exchange came when ‘The Dragon’ was asked about his thoughts on Belfort’s TRT use:
“I think it is fair if it is according with the rules. Anyone has his reasons, such as physical, technical or personal. If he (Belfort) really has this condition, there is no problem. I would do. If I was in the rules and to match with everybody else’s condition, there wouldn’t be a problem. People talk a lot of things but he is doing everything straight.”
And as far as Belfort’s chances against Wediman?:
“I think this is a tough matchup for both. Anyone can win. I think that in the beginning of the fight Belfort has more chances but Weidman compensates with endurance. He is a young guy with a lot of consciousness.”

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/lyoto-machida-....dKZfrDcF.dpuf
Its kinda hard to know exactly what he meant but i think he is saying if he had a condition where he could not produce Testosterone that he would be willing to do TRT aslong as it is within the rules.

Which imo there is nothing wrong with that. And no i do not want to argue about it lol :thumbsup:

SideWays222 02-21-2014 09:38 PM

With the way everyone flips out over trt I'm a bit surprised that people are avoiding commenting on this. Is it because it is lyoto?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Toxic 02-21-2014 09:45 PM

I don't think anyone would hate on Lyoto for it either, the general hate around TRT is when its guys like Vitor who have been popped in the past or a guy like Todd Duffee who looks like a ripped monster.

SideWays222 02-21-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxic (Post 2570441)
I don't think anyone would hate on Lyoto for it either, the general hate around TRT is when its guys like Vitor who have been popped in the past or a guy like Todd Duffee who looks like a ripped monster.

While I agree with that I have also seen my fair share of people saying if you need to use trt to compete then you should just quit.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Life B Ez 02-21-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWays222 (Post 2570465)
While I agree with that I have also seen my fair share of people saying if you need to use trt to compete then you should just quit.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

My thoughts no matter who it is.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Woodenhead 02-21-2014 11:17 PM

I only agree with it if it's a "genuine" condition where it's required for treatment, like Bigfoot. (who still managed to screw it up, anyway)

I am against it for raising levels to 1) be at a level of a younger age, and/or 2) fixing your lowered levels from previous PED abuse (Vitor's position fits that, I think)

That said, I'd rather see it banned completely than how it is now. But as the rules stand, I don't let it ruffle my feathers much at all. Besides, IMO pretty much everything surrounding testing should be revamped & made better first, anyway.

Rygu 02-22-2014 12:36 AM

Is anyone shocked a guy who wakes up in the morning to a fresh glass of his own pee would potentially take TRT?

Hammerlock2.0 02-22-2014 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygu (Post 2570561)
Is anyone shocked a guy who wakes up in the morning to a fresh glass of his own pee would potentially take TRT?

You think he'd get PRT (pee replacement therapy) if his kidneys shut down so he couldn't pee?

Soojooko 02-22-2014 05:29 AM

What the feck is this genuine condition that would make TRT use valid? Because from what ive gathered so far, these conditions narrow down to two: symptoms of old age or previous substance abuse. Neither of which are even remotely close to being justifiable excuses.

I would be bitterly disappointed if Lyoto took TRT.:thumbsdown:

Hammerlock2.0 02-22-2014 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soojooko (Post 2570905)
What the feck is this genuine condition that would make TRT use valid? Because from what ive gathered so far, these conditions narrow down to two: symptoms of old age or previous substance abuse. Neither of which are even remotely close to being justifiable excuses.

I would be bitterly disappointed if Lyoto took TRT.:thumbsdown:

You missed "hitting your head so hard your balls shrink" (bold part edited for comic effect). That's what happened to Todd Duffee.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2