Hi, I'm Kenflo's Conditioning Coach - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-15-2006, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 14
Vermonter has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Forgot your last question.

Kenny believes his strongest point is his MMA. We are working hard to intigrate his skills into a unified skill set, and it's been amazingly effective, as his improving performance shows.

As far as weak points, we are working at improving his takedown defences, since that is Sherk's greatest strength.

-doug-
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 14
Vermonter has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit206Fire
http://www.mmaforum.com/mma-training...questions.html


thats the questions im having.

Basically with NOX-CG3 whats a good dieting strategy and whats the best way to work with during creatine, all in one? or area's of the body each day?
I'm a little unsure of your question based on wording, but i'll do my best.

A good dieting strategy to simply lose weight is to eat sensibly, and perform a great deal of aerobic conditioning. However, this strategy might be different if you are preparing for a competition.

You also asked about how to work out using either a bodybuilding split design or a full body workout? Again, it depends on your desired results, but in general i recommend full body for most athletes.

-doug-
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
i've earned my stripes
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,989
T.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World Renown
I've had some trouble in the past with this...so I might as well ask ya:

What is the best way to cut weight without going into a fight feeling drained and tired?
__________________
i'm a monster
i'm a maven
i know this world is changin'
never gave in
never gave up
i'm the only thing i'm afraid of
T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Yo
 
UFCFAN33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,703
UFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By All
welcome to the site Doug, Quick question did kenflo wrestle in high school or play any sports?
UFCFAN33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Spit206Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 669
Spit206Fire Needs A HugSpit206Fire Needs A HugSpit206Fire Needs A HugSpit206Fire Needs A HugSpit206Fire Needs A HugSpit206Fire Needs A HugSpit206Fire Needs A HugSpit206Fire Needs A Hug
Well ok i'll try and simplify this a little.

I do Wrestling,Kempo Jiu Jitsu, and Muay Thai.

I am just starting up training again and wan't to know what the best way to get back into shape is, and also GAIN muscle.

I fight at 155 as well and right now walking weight im 168 pounds and im also 14% body fat, which is WAY more then i want right now.

So its basically whats the best way to gain muscle and loose weight?

Right now im working out like this.

M/W/F- 20 Minute Warm up on Cardio machines (eletric bike/tred mill, matters on whats open in the gym and if i feel like sitting lol)
Then i go into all upper body that day. I'll do about 3 sets with 10 reps per set on each free weight and weight machines. then with a 20 minute cooldown of cardio

T-TH-S- 20 minute warm up/cool down with cardio machines. Then i'll do the same sets/reps, just with my lower body.

Thats just what im doing now, i haven't started the supplements and dieting yet, im waiting for once i start college for all that, where i can be more focused and i'll be training then to.

Edit: best way i know to cut weight is what we do in wrestling. Day before/of the weigh in you just relax, do some light cardio in a job suit, and maybe sauna it off if your having that much trouble.

When i was competting i fought 155 and walked around about 164 so i didn't really have to loose a TON of weight but, thats just what i did.
__________________
What is it that is going to be on your mind when you're on your death bed? Will it be the tedious years of 9 to 5, or the memory of some great acheivement. Maybe a moment you stood in glory to the applause of millions.
-Evan Tanner

Last edited by Spit206Fire : 08-15-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Spit206Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 14
Vermonter has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZOR
I've had some trouble in the past with this...so I might as well ask ya:

What is the best way to cut weight without going into a fight feeling drained and tired?
It's important to seperate the types of weight cutting that also require a great deal of energy, like spending time in the sauna, with those that don't require energy, such as fasting. It's important to minimize those that require energy.

-doug-
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 14
Vermonter has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCFAN33
welcome to the site Doug, Quick question did kenflo wrestle in high school or play any sports?
Kenny played soccer in high school and then in college. Sounds like he was pretty good too. Sometime during college he also began BJJ, but didnt have any previous combat sports experience.

-doug-
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
i've earned my stripes
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,989
T.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World Renown
I hear ya Spitfire. Here's an example...I fight at 170 now...but before my last fight - I was walking around at 202 lbs. So, I'd like to see what Vermonter offers me here.
__________________
i'm a monster
i'm a maven
i know this world is changin'
never gave in
never gave up
i'm the only thing i'm afraid of
T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 14
Vermonter has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit206Fire
Well ok i'll try and simplify this a little.

I do Wrestling,Kempo Jiu Jitsu, and Muay Thai.

I am just starting up training again and wan't to know what the best way to get back into shape is, and also GAIN muscle.

I fight at 155 as well and right now walking weight im 168 pounds and im also 14% body fat, which is WAY more then i want right now.

So its basically whats the best way to gain muscle and loose weight?

Right now im working out like this.

M/W/F- 20 Minute Warm up on Cardio machines (eletric bike/tred mill, matters on whats open in the gym and if i feel like sitting lol)
Then i go into all upper body that day. I'll do about 3 sets with 10 reps per set on each free weight and weight machines. then with a 20 minute cooldown of cardio

T-TH-S- 20 minute warm up/cool down with cardio machines. Then i'll do the same sets/reps, just with my lower body.

Thats just what im doing now, i haven't started the supplements and dieting yet, im waiting for once i start college for all that, where i can be more focused and i'll be training then to.

Edit: best way i know to cut weight is what we do in wrestling. Day before/of the weigh in you just relax, do some light cardio in a job suit, and maybe sauna it off if your having that much trouble.

When i was competting i fought 155 and walked around about 164 so i didn't really have to loose a TON of weight but, thats just what i did.

For many people it is very difficult to lose fat while gaining muscle, primarily because optimizing your insulin process is required for gaining muscle, but insulin has the duel effect of protecting fat stores from releasing free fatty acids. You best bet is to compartmentalize your goals. Try to maximize hypertrophy now, while eating sensibly, and then diet once you've achieved the level that pleases you, OR the opposite, lose body fat first, and then work on hypertrophy. To do both simultaneously requires an extremely complicated diet and workout schedule which is impractical for almost anyone outside of professional athletics.

Are you monitoring your heart rate daily?

-doug-
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 14
Vermonter has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZOR
I hear ya Spitfire. Here's an example...I fight at 170 now...but before my last fight - I was walking around at 202 lbs. So, I'd like to see what Vermonter offers me here.
Do you cut from 202, or is that in the "off season?"

-doug-
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios