Report: Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson in the works for UFC 175 - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 12:55 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,132
                     
I did mention this as one of the last fights I'd like to see. I don't really see Fejiao as a challenging fight...he gasses to easily. Hendo is always dangerous at any point. "IF" Hendo somehow wins...talk about a 2nd coming. In my books I give him more respects than Couture. Hendo fights everybody and has been in serious wars. He doesn't try to grind out a win.

Nobody has ever survived a Shogun onslaught. Not even Rampage.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Bantamweight
 
MMATycoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 543
                     
DC really needs to work on his footwork and head movement, cause in the Cummins fight he was too sloppy with that. If he doesn't do this he will get caught with a H-bomb and that's game over

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
MMATycoon is offline  
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 10:14 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 38
                     
Wasn't Hendo's last fight the last time he'll ever be granted the TRT exemption?

We have yet to see how non-TRT Hendo will hold up. I hope he it doesn't affect him too drastically, or he'll be in a world of hurt.
deadlybulb is offline  
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
Well sounds like it may not be happening. But I hope Cormier fights someone that isn't an unknown before getting a title shot (not like it was his fault Rashad got hurt).
Eh he has enough names under his belt. I wouldn't mind him knocking out Bader to get his shot. Isn't that how Jones got his shot anyways? A combo of beating Bader and a Rashad injury, DC could do the same.
OU is offline  
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,212
                     
This will be a huge fight if it goes down.

I like MMA less because of this forum
GDPofDRB is offline  
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Lightweight
 
prospect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,851
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMATycoon View Post
DC really needs to work on his footwork and head movement, cause in the Cummins fight he was too sloppy with that. If he doesn't do this he will get caught with a H-bomb and that's game over

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
he already has that and is good in it , he did it in the roy nelson fight for 3 rounds and got the W , but hendo wont gass , still even if hendo tried to do combinations rather then "the one punch gameplan " he still will lose , it's that simple
prospect is offline  
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Lightweight
 
The Best Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,502
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
Eh he has enough names under his belt. I wouldn't mind him knocking out Bader to get his shot. Isn't that how Jones got his shot anyways? A combo of beating Bader and a Rashad injury, DC could do the same.
I meant names in the UFC, and more specifically at LHW. Yes that's how Jones got his shot, but Bader was undefeated and far higher ranked then, and seen as a potential title threat. Now, he's a gatekeeper. Can't compare the same fighter three years later. And Rashad injury was because he was next in line....that's irrelevant. That'd be like if Gus was getting the winner of Bones/Glover and Gus got hurt, then I'd be OK with Cormier getting the title shot due to the circumstances; injuries happen. But as a "he's next in line due to what he's done" guy, Cormier should have to beat someone at LHW that isn't a no-namer.

The Best Around is offline  
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Lightweight
 
prospect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,851
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
I meant names in the UFC, and more specifically at LHW. Yes that's how Jones got his shot, but Bader was undefeated and far higher ranked then, and seen as a potential title threat. Now, he's a gatekeeper. Can't compare the same fighter three years later. And Rashad injury was because he was next in line....that's irrelevant. That'd be like if Gus was getting the winner of Bones/Glover and Gus got hurt, then I'd be OK with Cormier getting the title shot due to the circumstances; injuries happen. But as a "he's next in line due to what he's done" guy, Cormier should have to beat someone at LHW that isn't a no-namer.
the fact that he competed at heavyweight and beat some of the best guys their , and then competed in LHW and got a win means he's ready , still i don't think he should wait , he needs to keep fighting to keep the momentum
prospect is offline  
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 01:01 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
I meant names in the UFC, and more specifically at LHW. Yes that's how Jones got his shot, but Bader was undefeated and far higher ranked then, and seen as a potential title threat. Now, he's a gatekeeper. Can't compare the same fighter three years later. And Rashad injury was because he was next in line....that's irrelevant. That'd be like if Gus was getting the winner of Bones/Glover and Gus got hurt, then I'd be OK with Cormier getting the title shot due to the circumstances; injuries happen. But as a "he's next in line due to what he's done" guy, Cormier should have to beat someone at LHW that isn't a no-namer.
Sarcasm. Maybe I should have made it more obvious

Just so many DC haters out there it seems.

Also I don't agree DC has to beat someone you or anyone has heard of in the LHW division. I don't put much stock in names though.
OU is offline  
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Lightweight
 
The Best Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,502
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
Sarcasm. Maybe I should have made it more obvious

Just so many DC haters out there it seems.

Also I don't agree DC has to beat someone you or anyone has heard of in the LHW division. I don't put much stock in names though.
Gotcha, sorry, didn't pick up on that lol.

I just don't think what he did at HW should hold too much merit at LHW. It's not his fault Rashad got hurt. But considering there are other options at LHW, Cormier should have to beat at least a gatekeeper before getting a title shot. Hendo would be a good matchup because while beating Hendo in 2014 isn't super impressive, he is at least a name with a great past, and it's not like he's a complete can.

The Best Around is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome