Did a judge REALLY score Tito over Griffin, 30-27? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
Griffen too that 3rd round... All tito did was a take down and nothing else.. he did not even get the mount he got caught in the gard and Griffin controled it from his back.. even landed a few elbows then he even got back to his feet.. one take down does not a round make..
yea but up to that point of the take down forrest wasnt doing ne thing either, no clean shots..something was wrong with tito in that fight his knee was messed up, i bet that affected his training because his cardio wasnt even close to how it usually is, because when he was fresh in that first round he did whatever he wanted, but after that he looked gassed...i really hope forrest win so we could see this rematch, awesome fight, one of my favorites..coulda went down as one of the biggest upsets of all time
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,166
Blog Entries: 4
The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
yea but up to that point of the take down forrest wasnt doing ne thing either, no clean shots..something was wrong with tito in that fight his knee was messed up, i bet that affected his training because his cardio wasnt even close to how it usually is, because when he was fresh in that first round he did whatever he wanted, but after that he looked gassed...i really hope forrest win so we could see this rematch, awesome fight, one of my favorites..coulda went down as one of the biggest upsets of all time
ye I thought griffin had him.. I did not see the first round.. but in my opinion Griffin won the last two
__________________
RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
ye I thought griffin had him.. I did not see the first round.. but in my opinion Griffin won the last two
o man you must see the first round, i thought big john was gonna stop it on a couple occasions, forrest looked overwhelmed..it was ugly..thats why it made for such an exciting fight, because after watching the first round everyone assumed tito was gonna finish him quick in the second, but when forrest started to come back it was crazy cuz noone thought he could, i get goosbumps every time i watch that fight
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Punishment 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 1,788
Punishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enoughPunishment 101 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
Griffen too that 3rd round... All tito did was a take down and nothing else.. he did not even get the mount he got caught in the gard and Griffin controled it from his back.. even landed a few elbows then he even got back to his feet.. one take down does not a round make..

Griffin didnt do much either , they basically stood up exchanged a few punches and thats about it , i think the takedown actually WON Tito the Round.... Forrest Griffin admits himself "If i hadnt of let Tito take me down in that 3rd Rd i would have won it" Griffin even realizes the takedown lost him the round


If you want to see the 1st rd let me know i cant post the entire fight , Tito owned him in the 1st , one sided beatdown
__________________
"I only want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask?" - BJ Penn
Punishment 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,166
Blog Entries: 4
The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
o man you must see the first round, i thought big john was gonna stop it on a couple occasions, forrest looked overwhelmed..it was ugly..thats why it made for such an exciting fight, because after watching the first round everyone assumed tito was gonna finish him quick in the second, but when forrest started to come back it was crazy cuz noone thought he could, i get goosbumps every time i watch that fight
yea thats what they were saying.. and well Tito one the first rd with out question .. everyone agrees on that.. Griffin won the 2nd and 3rd rounds from what I saw.. so 2 rounds to one.. Griffin wins the fight.. I do not see how it was given to tito
__________________
RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 540
MMA1990 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I saw the fight as a draw I would give the 1st round to Tito 10-8 and the other 2 to Griffin. It was a close fight and forrest sould either be fighting Ortiz again or Evans. I really dont care to see griffen bonnar2.
MMA1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
i think it goes like this
round 1 tito 10-8
round 2 forrest 10-9
round 3 10-10 draw, noone desrved that round imo
29-27 Tito, one of the judges scored it the exact same way
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,166
Blog Entries: 4
The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
i think it goes like this
round 1 tito 10-8
round 2 forrest 10-9
round 3 10-10 draw, noone desrved that round imo
29-27 Tito, one of the judges scored it the exact same way
I could agree with that.. though all tito did in the 3rd round really was the one take down.. but griffin managed to get in the gaurd and was more effective then titio was and he even managed to get back to his feet.. ..as for punches I thought they were about equal
__________________
RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
Rush has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Some judges in olympics, kickboxing, boxing and MMA are real imbeciles and I think doing it because they are forced to or like one of the fighters in person. One of the judges in Rashad Evans .vs. Stephan Bonnar said "draw" when Evans dominated Bonnar for three rounds. Wanderlei should have beaten Hunt but Hunt was awarded decision. Wanderelei should have beaten Crocop but it was a draw. There have been some decisions I disagree with but its life.
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Tito won that decision fair and square. You have to watch it from the judge's POV. To most people, it looked like Forest dominated the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I thought so too at first and I have watched this fight many many times over because I disagreed with the decision at first also. But, in the last two rounds, mostly the 3rd one, Tito was still the aggressor. That's a big part of the judge's score is aggressiveness. Tito was constantly moving forward and pushing the pace and Forest was basically just countering the entire time. Tito landed quite a few punches and jabs and so did Forest but the difference was that Tito was pushing the pace and Forest was being more defensive than offensive. I think they should have gone another 2 rounds myself but what are you gonna do? I think that this was one of the toughest fights to score but I think the judge's actually did a good job because they only watched the fight once, I watched it at least 3 times before I noticed all the stuff that they apparently noticed. Watch it again, it was just on SpikeTV UFC Unleashed. Tito won the first round (obviously), lost the second round due to the many failed takedown attempts and the lack of aggressiveness on his part and Forest landed a lot of clean shots, but the third round, which seems to be the toss-up for most of you, barely went to Tito not just because of the one takedown, but because he landed just as many shots as Forest did, but he was doing it as the aggressor this time.

And while I'm at it I might as well tell you all that Rashad didn't dominate Stephan, IMO. Rashad dominated him if this was high school wrestling but not in a fighting aspect. He took him down a lot, yes, but that doesn't make you a better fighter, it just means that Rashad is stronger than Stephan, and Stephan needs to work on his sprawls. I can definately see why a judge thought that fight was a draw. Rashad inflicted almost no damage whatsoever. That fight should have been stood up so many times. In fact I have watched this fight countless times too and I can tell you for a fact that Rashad took Stephan down 6 times in the whole fight. Ok, 1 of those takedowns got stood back up because it was the end of the round, 1 of those takedowns were good and Rashad maintained a dominant position for a good amount of time, but again, did not inflict any damage, and the other 4 takedowns, yes all 4, Stephan stood back up with Rashad still on top of him. While they were on their feet Stephan was landing shot after shot, and every time Rashad caught one, he winced and instantly went for a takedown for some quality lay-and-pray time. Rashad landed a few shots after he took him down but Stephan landed just as many from his back. So in my opinion, just because Rashad is able to take someone down doesn't make him a better fighter, it just means he is stronger and more athletic. I know I've said all this before but some of you are still saying he dominated Stephan and that Stephan sucks horribly. I think Rashad sucks horribly and I don't think it's fair to just keep tackling somebody time after time after time just to get a decision. Stephan is a far better fighter than Rashad, but Rashad is more explosive and stronger than Stephan. But this isn't tackling competition or a strong man competition, it's a fighting competition and Rashad did not fight that day.

EDIT:
Not saying Stephan is a great fighter, I think Jardine should have got the decision in that fight. I just don't like Rashad I think he goes for the easiest win possible by lay-and-pray and it's very annoying and something should be done in the UFC to stop that from happening...like oh I don't know, maybe....a YELLOW CARD SYSTEM!

ANOTHER EDIT:
Did anybody else think Tito looked liked he was going bald in this fight? I have seen it so many times and something is different about his hair or something in this fight. He looks like he's got gray hair and losing it on top. It's really funny though. I think he just left the bleach in too long and cut it shorter than usual but he looks like an old man. Kind of like the dude from wrestling WWF WWE whatever it is, McMahon is his last name.

Last edited by WouldLuv2FightU : 08-17-2006 at 05:49 PM.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios