Anyone here seen Randleman .vs. Rutten at UFC 20? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
 
Anyone here seen Randleman .vs. Rutten at UFC 20?

I'm a huge Bas fan myself but honestly this was a terrible match to watch. Randleman just used his lay and pray tactics for 20 minutes on top of Rutten and elbowed and punched him from the top. Then the fight ended with Randleman obviously supposed to get decision but Rutten did some how. Can someone tell me why?

Rutten is a great fighter but watching him fight in the UFC hes nothing spectacular. Kohsaka was dominating him too until the over time of the fight Bas woke up and started trying and won.

I don't think Bas works well in an octagon. I think he fits more into PRIDE FC and Pancrase. Same with Wanderlei as we all saw Tito beat Wanderlei and Wanderlei get molested by Vitor in 45 seconds.
Rush is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 06:56 AM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
You already know my thoughts but I'm bored so I'll reply to this thread.

I think the main reason Bas won is because it was well-known that this was going to be his last MMA fight of his career (at the time). Not just UFC but all MMA. My guess is the judges didn't want to give him a loss as his "goodbye fight".

My other theory is that they considered Bas to be dominant while on his back. I thought he was at some times but not others. Towards the end Randleman was hurt bad and was just lying on his chest and eating elbows and getting his hair re-dyed. Maybe this was enough to sway the judges decision.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Bantamweight
 
CashKola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 510
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
I'm a huge Bas fan myself but honestly this was a terrible match to watch. Randleman just used his lay and pray tactics for 20 minutes on top of Rutten and elbowed and punched him from the top. Then the fight ended with Randleman obviously supposed to get decision but Rutten did some how. Can someone tell me why?

Rutten is a great fighter but watching him fight in the UFC hes nothing spectacular. Kohsaka was dominating him too until the over time of the fight Bas woke up and started trying and won.

I don't think Bas works well in an octagon. I think he fits more into PRIDE FC and Pancrase. Same with Wanderlei as we all saw Tito beat Wanderlei and Wanderlei get molested by Vitor in 45 seconds.
Bas won the fight because he was striking from his back better than anyone I have ever seen. At first Randleman was throwing his wild flurry of punches, but after the first few Bas had him keeping his head down. Every time Randleman brought his head up he would get hit. Bas completely neutralized Randleman's offense. Now I can see if you say Bas lost the fight because Randleman could take him down at will, but he didn't do much of anything when he had him down. And if Randleman ever got side control Bas would get him right back in the guard. All Randleman did in that fight was be really strong.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten
CashKola is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashKola
Bas won the fight because he was striking from his back better than anyone I have ever seen. At first Randleman was throwing his wild flurry of punches, but after the first few Bas had him keeping his head down. Every time Randleman brought his head up he would get hit. Bas completely neutralized Randleman's offense. Now I can see if you say Bas lost the fight because Randleman could take him down at will, but he didn't do much of anything when he had him down. And if Randleman ever got side control Bas would get him right back in the guard. All Randleman did in that fight was be really strong.

Yes, much like the Rashad Evans vs. Stephan Bonnar fight...
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
I Never Saw This Fight, But Did You See The Interview Between Bas And Randleman, Where They Started Arguing And Than Started Brawling And Evryone Had To Break It Up...they Were Just Playin A Prank On Everyone But It Worked And It Looked Real..everyone There Thought It Was Real, As Did I?? I Think Its On Youtube If U Want To See It




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 07:18 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
I Never Saw This Fight, But Did You See The Interview Between Bas And Randleman, Where They Started Arguing And Than Started Brawling And Evryone Had To Break It Up...they Were Just Playin A Prank On Everyone But It Worked And It Looked Real..everyone There Thought It Was Real, As Did I?? I Think Its On Youtube If U Want To See It

Haha. Yea that was pretty funny. Here it is.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
 
That is stupid I knew they were joking the minute Kevin was like "you know when I faught you I won". But that is the truth he did win lol.
Rush is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 07:26 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
That is stupid I knew they were joking the minute Kevin was like "you know when I faught you I won". But that is the truth he did win lol.
Yea well imagine if were to watch that interview live. You knew it was a joke before you watched it which is why you knew Kevin was joking right away. If you watched this live right in front of them you would probably think it was real for a little while. It started looking fake towards the end when Bas attacked him but that's why they aren't actors or in WWE. True though it's not as funny when you know it's fake before you watch it.

Edit: I thought it was funny because I didn't expect Randleman to be such a good sport about the fight. It's good to see he can take a controversial loss so lightly and be able to joke around with his opponent about it.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 01:24 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4
 
bullshit...fight was ****ing fixed by the judges cuz it was bas's last fight

i dont care what you say about how well bas defended himself in the back, randleman gave him a bloody nose and a bruised up eye, he took down bas countless times and pounded him throughout the whole fight, bas coudlnt do anything but take the beating, shit looked ridiculous when they anounced bas the winner and he walking around cheering his face all beat up and randleman with no cut on his face looking all healthy
bAD_K is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
 
Exactly Bas was a mess. They just gave the fight to him because hes a legend and it was his last fight. They better not do the same thing if Ortiz/ Shamrock 3 goes to a decision.
Rush is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome