Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz
They NEED to stop putting guys like Big Nog, Dan Henderson and Diego Sanchez in there with legitimate opponents. Give them new guys to the company. Give the new guys a great chance to earn a scalp, give the old beaten up guys a chance at a victory.
That would mean the UFC would develop stars instead of acquiring them. Can you imagine where Ronda Rousey and Anthony Pettis if they didn't come into the UFC as champions. Rousey would be fighting once a year in the middle of the card while Marloes Conen would be fighting Tatiana Ali or something like that. Pettis would have likely been cut and resigned.
Anyways 10 fights I want to see
10. Benson Henderson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov - cause apparently if you put Benson in match with a non-retarded wrestler he actually tries to finish the fight.
09. Piotr Hallmann vs Mitch Clarke - I think styles make fights this could be a darkhorse FOTY type deal
08. Eddie Wineland vs Erik Perez - basically this is a cut fight between two guys whose stocks are falling drastically.
07. Rustam Khabilov vs Ross Pearson - Could be a good co-main event for a European card. I think the UFC owes Ross big, maybe a European TUF season.
06. Diego Sanchez vs Nate Diaz - I'm pretty sure Nate will do to Deigo what Anderson will do to his brother.
05. Rafeal Dos Anjos vs TJ Grant - If Grant ever comes back I'd like to see this fight and it will either be the end of the RDA experiment or we'll have two great contender in the division.
04. Patrick Cummins vs Antônio Carlos Júnior - I'm assuming ACJ is dropping down to LHW, TUF winners tend to get that easy first win, Cummins is likely fightpass only so give him a Brazil main card fight.
03. John Moraga vs Tim Elliot - kind of a make it or break it fight for both guys.
02. Bryan Caraway vs Mike Easton - Everybody's injured in this division accept for a handful of guys for some reason Mike Easton is still in the top ten, I assume he's going to win and Caraway could face off against him. Iuri Alcantara's name has been throw around but he should really face a top five guy to get a shot a dillashaw.
01. John Dodson vs Joseph Benavidez for the flyweight championship.
Here's my reasoning, the Bantamweight division is very thin but has a great upper level.
The flyweight division is fantastic, but I do think it could use another champion.
Demetrius Johnson beats Ali he's cleaned out the division. He deserves big fights with huge stars, he's beaten everybody at 125 but he's got a lot of great fights at 135.
The biggest star in the lower two weight classes Urijah Faber is stuck and is going to meander in purgatory for the rest of his career.
We need to know if Benavidez is #2 or #3 in the division a loss to Dodson I believe will give Faber the blessing to compete at flyweight.
We could spend next year with the following fights (Dodson/Benavidez, Dillashaw/Johnson, Johnson/Faber, Cruz/Barao, Johnson/Barao, Dillashaw/Cruz, Dodson/Johnson II, Dillashaw/Dodson II, Cruz/Faber III, Cruz/Dillashaw, Dodson/Faber) or we go in the way we are now and it's at BM likely Takeya Mizugaki and Iuri Alcântara and at fly Brad Pickett and John Dodson.