Time to make bad Judging Criminal!! - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 104
                     
Corrupt judges. That can be the only reason for this joke of a decision.
It needs to be looked into.
loci is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Featherweight
 
Iuanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,429
                     
It also goes to the issue of having fighters fight in their home town at all. We all love it, but if you think about it, its kind of crazy how different the environment is for each opposing fighter.

Instead of not going to places at all, maybe the UFC would simply not allo home town fighters go to clearly biased judging places. Of course, they would never do anything to hurt their bottom line.
Iuanes is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,710
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Need more ex-fighters like Ricardo Almeida judging, and know wtf to look for. Second Brit to get robbed in a fortnight.

That shit sucks!
LizaG is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Panic-wrestler
 
UKMMAGURU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,995
                     
Quote:
It also goes to the issue of having fighters fight in their home town at all. We all love it, but if you think about it, its kind of crazy how different the environment is for each opposing fighter.

Instead of not going to places at all, maybe the UFC would simply not allo home town fighters go to clearly biased judging places. Of course, they would never do anything to hurt their bottom line.
That's overkill, there are lots of benefits when bringing fighters to their home territories, we just need to make it clear anything dodgy or strange will be fully investigated and anyone found guilty will be punished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCake View Post
Need more ex-fighters like Ricardo Almeida judging, and know wtf to look for. Second Brit to get robbed in a fortnight.

That shit sucks!
Not convinced this would be the answer, I believe Forrest Griffin said something along the lines of "BJJ fighters turned judges overestimate the value of BJJ, Boxers to boxing, wrestlers to wrestling" etc

Nice Wuk Ariel
UKMMAGURU is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,710
Blog Entries: 13
                     
It'd be a step in the right direction at least.
LizaG is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Panic-wrestler
 
UKMMAGURU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,995
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCake View Post
It'd be a step in the right direction at least.
For me, I wouldn't go and necessarily change the judges, but I would put in place an option where if there has been a decision that is highly controversial and attracts a certain amount of criticism the athletic commission could refer it to another panel of judges who either score the fight as it was by the first judges or if their judgement differs, call it a NC.

It's like a failsafe against idiot judging.

Nice Wuk Ariel
UKMMAGURU is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Featherweight
 
Iuanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,429
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
For me, I wouldn't go and necessarily change the judges, but I would put in place an option where if there has been a decision that is highly controversial and attracts a certain amount of criticism the athletic commission could refer it to another panel of judges who either score the fight as it was by the first judges or if their judgement differs, call it a NC.

It's like a failsafe against idiot judging.
In a world of a million camera angles and replays readily available, its ridiculous to have judging occur at the moment without the benefit of review and from one angle.

This idea could work, expect I guess it would get bogged down and might be abused. What would entail "a certain amount of criticism?"
Iuanes is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Panic-wrestler
 
UKMMAGURU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,995
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iuanes View Post
In a world of a million camera angles and replays readily available, its ridiculous to have judging occur at the moment without the benefit of review and from one angle.

This idea could work, expect I guess it would get bogged down and might be abused. What would entail "a certain amount of criticism?"
I'm spitballing all of this on the fly but what do you think of this:

My understanding is that the OFFICIAL UFC rankings are currently being done by the more reputable media sources and personalities, so obviously they are somewhat trusted.

How about if 80% or more of these sources/outlets scored the overall decision differently?

Nice Wuk Ariel
UKMMAGURU is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Featherweight
 
Iuanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,429
                     
Yeah, I was thinking about the media too. That could work. The major issue is that, as far as I know, it would have to be universally applied to ALL local commissions,kost of who, probably would not want to appear that their judging requires any skepticism.
Iuanes is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 03:30 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,865
Blog Entries: 2
                     
The Barnatt fight wasnt as bad as it first looked. You can easily score 2 rounds to Sean in it.

This was one of the worst decisions ever though. To say Sanchez was winning 10 seconds would have been a stretch.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome