***OFFICIAL*** Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida Thread - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction

Chris Weidman 22 44.00%
Lyoto Machida 25 50.00%
Draw 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 06-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,236
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
I am just not sold on Weidman. This fight will show me a lot. Call me crazy but I just didn't get enough out of those Anderson fights. Not saying he isn't the champ, but I don't know, I am just not sure yet.
I just don't get it when people say this. He dominated both fights from bell to finish. He stood in front of Anderson and didn't get hurt, scared, or hesitant at all.

It is insane to me that people feel this way.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,989
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I just don't get it when people say this. He dominated both fights from bell to finish. He stood in front of Anderson and didn't get hurt, scared, or hesitant at all.

It is insane to me that people feel this way.
Just my opinion. You are right in that he did not get hurt. He KO'd Anderson clean striking and looked very composed in doing so. However the way that the second fight went just left me feeling a little robbed maybe. I don't know. I just feel like I have never seen a serious or complete fight between them.

Not to say that it would have gone differently in regards to who won, but I just didn't see it.
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,236
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Just my opinion. You are right in that he did not get hurt. He KO'd Anderson clean striking and looked very composed in doing so. However the way that the second fight went just left me feeling a little robbed maybe. I don't know. I just feel like I have never seen a serious or complete fight between them.

Not to say that it would have gone differently in regards to who won, but I just didn't see it.
I think dropping Andersom who has a strong chin with a clinch punch is proof thst he has much power. I think his wrestling credentials and how he has tooled everyone with wrestling is proof that he is an elite wrestler. I think is strong showing in bjj early in his training along with how he has subed guys is proof he is very good submission artist. I think the way he stood in front of Anderson without much care is proof of his confidence. I think his no non sense come at you but in a calm matter. Checking leg kicks. Dodging punches is proof he is technical and understands how to strike.

Just because a guys leg broke doesnt mean nothing he did before that in his career didnt matter. I can gather a lot from watching him fight. I dont understand why a leg snap erases thr fact he dropped Anderson from the clinch. Or landed more strikes. Or took him down and was dropping heavy blows.

Not sayinh Machida has no chance. His style is tricky for anyone. But he will have to run for 5 rounds. He will uave to be ultra elusive. Anderson had a much better chin than Machida does. People think Machida comes out and does something crazy. Machida is fairly easy to predict. Vs anyone old or plodding he may make a higglight reel. Vs Hendo. Page. Mousasi bones his whole plan is to dance around and avoid while racking up some pts.

Weidman has proved his worth to me. He has many more ways to win this fight and he is improving still. Weidman is a scary man. Machidas whole game throwing you off your game. Weidmans whole game id being calm and sticking to the task at hand.

Im a huge Anderson fan. And I was largely disappointed. But I realize how good Weidman is. Machida is much different than Anderson. So he will present differnt problems. Machida has a chance to win a fight vs anyone with his avoiding style. But Weidman is the rightful favorite.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
prospect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,473
prospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By All
Dude we know weidman beat Silva.. we just want to see more
prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,800
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
I think this will be a clinch/striking fight for the most part. Who is better in the clinch? Hard to say. Who is better striking? Well, Machida is known as mainly a striker so you would just automatically assume has an advantage here, but I don't think that would be accurate at this moment. Weidman just knocked out the "best striker in the world" in two rounds, and then when they fought again showed he was more than capable of handling him on the feet. He also finished Munoz with a beautiful elbow and showed some good skills there standing. He has great timing, pacing, distance, and confidence in what he is doing.

This fight is really tough to call, Machida is top tier and an extremely difficult fight for anybody at 185, if not the hardest fight in the whole division right now. With that said, Weidman is on a roll, finishing guys including the #1 P4P in the world - twice.

Really excited to see how this fight goes, this is a on the edge of your seat fight and I can't wait.
__________________



“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

*READ/IMPORTANT*
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,838
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
This fight is going to suck if it happens on the feet. Machida will go backwards and dart in and out a little while the chris walks him down bu doesn't cut the cage off well enough to land anything significant.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
Stapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,022
Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I think dropping Andersom who has a strong chin with a clinch punch is proof thst he has much power. I think his wrestling credentials and how he has tooled everyone with wrestling is proof that he is an elite wrestler. I think is strong showing in bjj early in his training along with how he has subed guys is proof he is very good submission artist. I think the way he stood in front of Anderson without much care is proof of his confidence. I think his no non sense come at you but in a calm matter. Checking leg kicks. Dodging punches is proof he is technical and understands how to strike.

Just because a guys leg broke doesnt mean nothing he did before that in his career didnt matter. I can gather a lot from watching him fight. I dont understand why a leg snap erases thr fact he dropped Anderson from the clinch. Or landed more strikes. Or took him down and was dropping heavy blows.

Not sayinh Machida has no chance. His style is tricky for anyone. But he will have to run for 5 rounds. He will uave to be ultra elusive. Anderson had a much better chin than Machida does. People think Machida comes out and does something crazy. Machida is fairly easy to predict. Vs anyone old or plodding he may make a higglight reel. Vs Hendo. Page. Mousasi bones his whole plan is to dance around and avoid while racking up some pts.

Weidman has proved his worth to me. He has many more ways to win this fight and he is improving still. Weidman is a scary man. Machidas whole game throwing you off your game. Weidmans whole game id being calm and sticking to the task at hand.

Im a huge Anderson fan. And I was largely disappointed. But I realize how good Weidman is. Machida is much different than Anderson. So he will present differnt problems. Machida has a chance to win a fight vs anyone with his avoiding style. But Weidman is the rightful favorite.
I agree about Weidman being proven without question. Minus the broken leg, Weidman still dominated from start to finish. The fact that he was in the clinch with Silva, a place where Silva breaks people, and Weidman clipped him with a punch resulting in Silva getting dropped shows a lot. How often has that happened? Weidman out worked Silva in his own bread and butter. Weidman won in every aspect which is surprising. I'm not sure why people are so skeptical because of the broken leg. Is it because they thought there was a significant chance that Silva would manage a come from behind victory like he did against Sonnen? Either way, that fight was a mauling and I see minimal questions regarding Weidman's skills. Maybe we need to see how he looks in the championship rounds, but I'm not worried. This is coming from a guy who doubted Weidman a lot early on. I'm not easily sold on fighters.

This will be an interesting fight considering how elusive Machida is. I could see him being on his bicycle for 5 rounds and I'm curious to see how Weidman deals with that game plan wise. He's really well rounded with a lot of power so I could see him mixing it up to keep Machida guessing and cautious. Machida's lack of offense has cost him points on the score cards before.
__________________
Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,037
AlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By All
I'm pretty confident Weidman's cardio is awful. Or at least post surgery it is. He slowed down considerably in the second round of the first Silva fight, then Silva stuck his chin out like a moron and saved him. Sadly, we won't see him tested till someone pushes him and Machida sure as hell won't be the one to do it. Not that he needs to. Weidman isn't taking him down and he definitely isn't outstriking him either.
AlphaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,816
Joabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
we won't see him tested till someone pushes him and Machida sure as hell won't be the one to do it.
Why the hell not? Machida can drag this fight into the later rounds for sure.
__________________
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨pe your screen.
Joabbuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,236
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
I'm pretty confident Weidman's cardio is awful. Or at least post surgery it is. He slowed down considerably in the second round of the first Silva fight, then Silva stuck his chin out like a moron and saved him. Sadly, we won't see him tested till someone pushes him and Machida sure as hell won't be the one to do it. Not that he needs to. Weidman isn't taking him down and he definitely isn't outstriking him either.
So Phil Davis beat Machida and took him down. Yet Weidman has no chance of getting takedowns? What? Chris is a waaaaay better mma wrestler than Phil is. Way better fighter as well.

I think Weidman beats him everywhere. I guess we will see soon enough. All these doubters are out after beating Silva twice. Yet a win over Machida would suddenly be enough to validate him? I dont get it....

Chris Weidman is a manimal. We probably havent even seen his best yet.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios