MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Old school UFC! (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/1772-old-school-ufc.html)

Rush 08-21-2006 03:31 PM

Old school UFC!
 
Has anyone noticed from like UFC 1-30 they all entered under that one stupid song? Its annoying as heck. But the matches are awesome and better than the new UFC matches IMO.

AxL 08-21-2006 04:09 PM

I watch UFC for the fights. I honestly could not give a sh&# about the music.
It kills me when people bash shamrock for going into wrestling and all the hype and then create a thread about what song someone came out to.
Who cares?? Not me thats for sure. Another thought I have about the old school ufc is: how many of the guys who are successful today would be able to fight three fights a night? Or go the long rounds? As much as I like Chuck I do not think he would be champion today if he had to fight three fights a night.
I think hughes could do it and maybe there are a couple others but things would be very different for sure.

Rush 08-21-2006 04:11 PM

This thread is not about the music its a thread talking about old school UFC from 1-30 back in the awesome days with Marco Ruas, Ken Shamrock, Oleg Taktarov, Tank Abbott, Royce Gracie, Dan Severn, Mark Coleman, Maurice Smith, etc. And when Chuck Liddell opened shows not main evented them. And the matches were a lot more extreme back then. And Shamrock demolished his career by entering WWF.

jdun11 08-21-2006 04:46 PM

i dont really like the old fights, the mma was not as polished or well rounded, i almost feel like im watching an event at one of the small night club like shows of today..

MMA1990 08-21-2006 05:39 PM

The fights of today and back than are too diffrent to compare there almost like diffrent sports. I like them both for diffrent reasons but I would have to say I enjoy watching the old ones more.

Rush 08-21-2006 05:43 PM

The beatings back in the old days were amazing and would never happen today such as Pat Smith on Scott Morris. And back in the old days it was unpredictable who would win, everyone thought Mark Coleman would own Pete Williams, look what happened. Today it is so predictable and the matches are more boring.

Bonnar426 08-21-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush
The beatings back in the old days were amazing and would never happen today such as Pat Smith on Scott Morris. And back in the old days it was unpredictable who would win, everyone thought Mark Coleman would own Pete Williams, look what happened. Today it is so predictable and the matches are more boring.

Maybe if Babalu and GSP take the titles, things will be a little less predicable? That's when things will start to get crazy!

Rush 08-21-2006 06:04 PM

I know Georges will win but Babalu definitely has no chance against Chuck. Its so predictable with Georges on a streak beating some real contenders. Who has Babalu beat? Travis Wiuff, Chael Sonnen, Mike Van Arsdale? Those are classified as cans.

Steve-d 08-21-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush
I know Georges will win but Babalu definitely has no chance against Chuck. Its so predictable with Georges on a streak beating some real contenders. Who has Babalu beat? Travis Wiuff, Chael Sonnen, Mike Van Arsdale? Those are classified as cans.

good point however back to old school UFC, its true that you cant compair them and i to like the for differant reasons, i enjoy both the old fights and new the new fights

Punishment 101 08-21-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMA1990
The fights of today and back than are too diffrent to compare there almost like diffrent sports. I like them both for diffrent reasons but I would have to say I enjoy watching the old ones more.


I feel the same way . except i would rather watch the new ones more :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2