UFC 181: Weidman vs Belfort in Vegas, December 6. - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,526
                     
Weidman to me is a heavy favorite. 4 or 5 to 1 I would set thr line at. Hopefully oddsmakers dont and I can play the line and make some money.

Rockhold, Silva, and Machida are all tougher fights for Weidman in my opinion.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Lightweight
 
The Best Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,502
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Weidman to me is a heavy favorite. 4 or 5 to 1 I would set thr line at. Hopefully oddsmakers dont and I can play the line and make some money.

Rockhold, Silva, and Machida are all tougher fights for Weidman in my opinion.
I think it's hard to say that considering Silva offered Weidman basically nothing in 13 minutes.

The Best Around is offline  
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,920
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Weidman to me is a heavy favorite. 4 or 5 to 1 I would set thr line at. Hopefully oddsmakers dont and I can play the line and make some money.

Rockhold, Silva, and Machida are all tougher fights for Weidman in my opinion.
And I think it's hard to say that considering Vitor head kicked Rockhold to oblivion in the very first round and Machida, well, see my previous post.

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is online now  
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,526
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
And I think it's hard to say that considering Vitor head kicked Rockhold to oblivion in the very first round and Machida, well, see my previous post.
This post makes no sense.

Vitor is off trt.

Are you using mma math?

What does how rockhold matches up vs Vitor have to do with how either match up with Weidman?

And Weidman dismantled Anderson when Anderson punted Vitor in the face the very first round. So what is your point?

The previous post from best casual fan is more logical. Anderson had little fot Weidman twice. Hard to say Vitor is less of a threat. But yea I think Rockhold and Machida in a rematch are tougher fights than Vitor for Weidman.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,259
                     
Non TRT Vitor is going to be in trouble. Am I the only one who wishes we got to see TRT Vitor vs Weidman?

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,920
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
This post makes no sense.

Vitor is off trt.

Are you using mma math?

What does how rockhold matches up vs Vitor have to do with how either match up with Weidman?

And Weidman dismantled Anderson when Anderson punted Vitor in the face the very first round. So what is your point?

The previous post from best casual fan is more logical. Anderson had little fot Weidman twice. Hard to say Vitor is less of a threat. But yea I think Rockhold and Machida in a rematch are tougher fights than Vitor for Weidman.
I accept the TRT less issue as I have no clue how that will affect Vitor, but he did't break a sweat and dispatched Rockhold in the first round. He is very, very dangerous specially in the opening rounds, and even without TRT, I think.

You cannot compare the Anderson posture in his fight against Vitor with his posture against Weidman 1 and conclude they were the very same.

Is it to use MMA Math to compare styles and results? Vitor is a finisher by nature and he has nothing to lose. I still favor Weidman if that will make people's hearts softer, but the sense of urgency in Vitor and the idea that could be his last shot make him very very dangerous, in levels I can't even compare with Machida or Rockhold.

Weidman better keep his distance and jump on his legs with extreme caution during the first round. If he plays arrogant and decides to strike with Vitor, that would be a huge mistake.

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is online now  
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:14 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,893
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Belforts loss record is a who's who of MMA history and greatness, Weidman has a good chance here to add another great name under his legacy.
This.

Belforts losses are all to legends.

Barring Overeem, who even though has never held UFC gold he held DREAM, K1, and Strikeforce HW titles all at the same time and is damn near 100 lbs bigger than he is.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,526
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
I accept the TRT less issue as I have no clue how that will affect Vitor, but he did't break a sweat and dispatched Rockhold in the first round. He is very, very dangerous specially in the opening rounds, and even without TRT, I think.

You cannot compare the Anderson posture in his fight against Vitor with his posture against Weidman 1 and conclude they were the very same.

Is it to use MMA Math to compare styles and results? Vitor is a finisher by nature and he has nothing to lose. I still favor Weidman if that will make people's hearts softer, but the sense of urgency in Vitor and the idea that could be his last shot make him very very dangerous, in levels I can't even compare with Machida or Rockhold.

Weidman better keep his distance and jump on his legs with extreme caution during the first round. If he plays arrogant and decides to strike with Vitor, that would be a huge mistake.
Vitor is definatly more dangerous early on.

I still think Weidman can strike with him and even put him out early as well. Hes not going to be GSP and wait to set up tds from range. Hes going to come at you. Display very good striking defense. Hit you. Grab you. Take you down.

Its so hilarious that a guy who beat Machida and Anderson standing without taking any damage early on those fights would br arrogant to stand with Vitor at all. Too funny that this is still the opinion.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:27 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
I had my doubts about Weidman after the Silva fights because let's be real, Silva lost the 1st fight as much as Weidman won it. The 2nd one was a great showing from Chris' part until a freak accident ended the fight but after Machida, i was sold on him. Don't see anyone giving him too much of a trouble for some time.

Rauno is offline  
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:28 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,893
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Its so hilarious that a guy who beat Machida and Anderson standing without taking any damage early on those fights would br arrogant to stand with Vitor at all. Too funny that this is still the opinion.

That's a pretty legitimate point.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome