Sylvia Vs Monson = Ist Round Ko - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 05:27 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,276
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
i agree with punishment , i enjoy watchin sylvia fight...the only fight that was garbage was his last vs aa..every other fight has some fireworks
There were no fireworks in the Assuerio Silva fight. Sylvia just did enough to win, that all.
Bonnar426 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426
There were no fireworks in the Assuerio Silva fight. Sylvia just did enough to win, that all.
o yea i forgot about that fight..so out of all his ufc fights , hes had 2 boring ones..the rest were good imo..cabbage, ricco, aa 1 and 2, gan mcgee




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 09:55 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,276
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
o yea i forgot about that fight..so out of all his ufc fights , hes had 2 boring ones..the rest were good imo..cabbage, ricco, aa 1 and 2, gan mcgee
I think Tim is afraid that someone will pull another Fank Mir on him. That's why he was extra cautious at Bitter Rivals.
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 10:19 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30
 
silvia vs monson

this is a really weak fight for a pay per view headliner. I think Monson does just enough to win, unless its a fighter he can get into a submission. I think quite a few of monsons fights have been boring, but he is still a pretty good fighter. Silvia won't get taken to the ground, the big Brazilian Silva couldn't do it and neither will Monson. That was a really boring fight too. Monson won't knock him out if Andre and Cabbage couldn't. I see Silvia winning this fight the same way he beat Arlowski. Use his height and unless the guy sticks his chin out, to win it on points and not get taken down. Monson is to dominant on the ground lately and seems to have a pretty good chin. I see Silvia winning this fight handily. Honestly, the whole division needs to step up. I like the Truth Vera a lot, I've bet on him to win all of his fights. But is he really going to beat a guy who is 6-8 and outweighs him by 40 pounds. The truth should drop down and try to get a shot at 205. I think the fight everyone wants to see will die on the vine the same with Wanderli's fight did. I'd love to see a slugfest with Mark Hunt, Fedor or little bro, Cro Crop, rampage jackson, or get Bas RUtten back into the ring and give him a shot.
aubdoggy is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubdoggy
this is a really weak fight for a pay per view headliner. I think Monson does just enough to win, unless its a fighter he can get into a submission. I think quite a few of monsons fights have been boring, but he is still a pretty good fighter. Silvia won't get taken to the ground, the big Brazilian Silva couldn't do it and neither will Monson. That was a really boring fight too. Monson won't knock him out if Andre and Cabbage couldn't. I see Silvia winning this fight the same way he beat Arlowski. Use his height and unless the guy sticks his chin out, to win it on points and not get taken down. Monson is to dominant on the ground lately and seems to have a pretty good chin. I see Silvia winning this fight handily. Honestly, the whole division needs to step up. I like the Truth Vera a lot, I've bet on him to win all of his fights. But is he really going to beat a guy who is 6-8 and outweighs him by 40 pounds. The truth should drop down and try to get a shot at 205. I think the fight everyone wants to see will die on the vine the same with Wanderli's fight did. I'd love to see a slugfest with Mark Hunt, Fedor or little bro, Cro Crop, rampage jackson, or get Bas RUtten back into the ring and give him a shot.
FEDOR VS SYLVIA IS JUST A DREAM, MY FRIEND




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 11:45 PM
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,495
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubdoggy
this is a really weak fight for a pay per view headliner. I think Monson does just enough to win, unless its a fighter he can get into a submission. I think quite a few of monsons fights have been boring, but he is still a pretty good fighter. Silvia won't get taken to the ground, the big Brazilian Silva couldn't do it and neither will Monson. That was a really boring fight too. Monson won't knock him out if Andre and Cabbage couldn't. I see Silvia winning this fight the same way he beat Arlowski. Use his height and unless the guy sticks his chin out, to win it on points and not get taken down. Monson is to dominant on the ground lately and seems to have a pretty good chin. I see Silvia winning this fight handily. Honestly, the whole division needs to step up. I like the Truth Vera a lot, I've bet on him to win all of his fights. But is he really going to beat a guy who is 6-8 and outweighs him by 40 pounds. The truth should drop down and try to get a shot at 205. I think the fight everyone wants to see will die on the vine the same with Wanderli's fight did. I'd love to see a slugfest with Mark Hunt, Fedor or little bro, Cro Crop, rampage jackson, or get Bas RUtten back into the ring and give him a shot.
I agree the headline is weak and the UFC thinks that just because its a HW Title fight that fans are gonna wanna watch the fight. To have a good PPV the matches have to be good and worthy of the headliner. Sylvia fighting Mark Hunt, "Rampage" Jackson, or Mirko CroCop would be a better fight. Sylvia is the HW champ because there is no real competition in the UFC. I do hope Monson beats Sylvia but I don't know.


Kameleon is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Amatuer
 
D Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 164
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Im Not Saying Monson Sucks, Its Just Sylvia Is A Terrible Matchup For Him..the Ufc Really Needs To Beef Up This Division Because It Is Pretty Awful Imo...

yeah i ca see that though....i wish monson was like 3 to 5 inches taller...he would be a monster in the ufc

Favorite Fighters

RAMPAGE JACKSON / WANDERLEI SILVA / MATT HAMILL / HOUSTON ALEXANDER / ANDERSON SILVA / BJ PENN / SEAN SHERK / MAC DANZIG / CORY HILL / JAMES IRVIN / NATE DIAZ / TYSON GRIFFIN / ED HERMAN / CHRIS LEBEN
D Wood is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:48 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4
 
Its funny how everyone has forgotten about AA and totally written him off. The guys weapon if he used his leg kicks in last fight alot more he would beaten sylvia. Not like sylvia totally smashed him fight was 50/50 only reason he one was caz champion always get preference if fight isnt clear. Even second fight he knocked silvia on his arse, then got caught rushing in..
niro is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 808
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by niro
Its funny how everyone has forgotten about AA and totally written him off. The guys weapon if he used his leg kicks in last fight alot more he would beaten sylvia. Not like sylvia totally smashed him fight was 50/50 only reason he one was caz champion always get preference if fight isnt clear. Even second fight he knocked silvia on his arse, then got caught rushing in..
Good point! The guy is good, Sylvia did nothing impressive the last 2 fights
ROCKBASS03 is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 11:25 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4
 
Hey heard some new about AA during last tim sylvia fight. Apparently before fight had ankle injury that was attended to seemed alright. Then during second round (when he stopped doing kicks) apparenlty he did somthing to his knee cap and ankle hense reason his punches where lacking the kick to them and wasnt doing leg kicks. After fight he was suspend for not telling them about his injuries! After fight he took time of to fix his injuries. AA didnt wanna say anything during fight so they wouldnt stop it apparenlty. He has kept it hush hush caz he didnt wanna take it away from fact he lost.
niro is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome