Cyborg puts Ronda Rousey and Dana White on blast for online bullying - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

 42Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 01:03 PM
Flyweight
 
oordeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 390
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman 2.0 View Post
What you do here is way worse than Cyborg using steroids. You don't forgive. You try to find justification for the way people publicly mock her appearance because she made a mistake in the past. Completely ingnoring the so true facts she brough in her post.

This is inhuman and I hope you don't have to feel the weight of remorse by something like this biting you or one of your daughters. The world is cruel.

And your hate is so dramatic you just ignore how many times Cyborg has shown remorse for what she did. Countless times she spoke about her "past mistakes". Pointed specifically. She took her punishment, never said she didn't smoke weed or took contaminated Viagra (PS: actually she tried to skip responsibility at the time like anybody else, blaming a dietary supplement.), never been seeing bullying other women, in spite being a gigantic strong one, never got involved in no brawl or said she could beat men or got out of her way to bully a ring girl who was just minding her business for pure jealousy.

You don't have a leg to stand on. What you feel is hate. Pure hate. Cyborg is 100% right about Ronda and Dana here and right about opening their eyes to the fact they are role models for the youngs and they promote online bullying not caring about nothing.
Cyborg didn't apologize until she got caught. It's reasonable to assume she would've continued cheating if she wasn't caught, because otherwise she would've stopped sooner, never gotten popped and this thread would not exist.

As far as claiming she's being treated inhumanely? Maybe you should look up what that means... I think what Cyborg did to her opponents was way worse than what anybody says to her. She did both severe physical and mental damage to other fighters with an unfair advantage. That too me seems like far worse bullying than getting your panties in a bunch because someone's not digging your Frankenstein look.

Soojooko makes a good point; in other sports roiders are punished far more severe than in MMA. I find it ridiculous he gets called out because he has no leniency for cheaters. That, to me, sounds like an upside down world.

Also, bias when it comes to Brazilians, dozens of people have called you out on it, might be time to do a little bit of reflecting. Let me help you, take a deep breath.... Imagine you're, let's say, Irish for a minute.... just let that sink in..... You're welcome!
ReptilianSlayer likes this.
oordeel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Team Tate 4 Life
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,168
Blog Entries: 13
                     
There is a bigger picture to this story...

Ronda Rousey is a huge influence/role model to many young women I'm sure...and she shouldn't be seen doing this shit, or have it be seen like it's ok to go to town on someone online targeting their appearance.

That's my major beef here with Ronda, the fact that someone who idolizes her may start saying horrible shit to someone online and not know just how emotionally vulnerable the person receiving the hate is.
Spite likes this.
LizaG is offline  
post #63 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Pretty old, apparently
 
Term's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,417
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCake View Post
There is a bigger picture to this story...

Ronda Rousey is a huge influence/role model to many young women I'm sure...and she shouldn't be seen doing this shit, or have it be seen like it's ok to go to town on someone online targeting their appearance.

That's my major beef here with Ronda, the fact that someone who idolizes her may start saying horrible shit to someone online and not know just how emotionally vulnerable the person receiving the hate is.
What did Ronda say that falls into this category. Bully has just become another internet buzzword. I get that bullying is a serious issue, but like many things these days we take serious issues and dilute them. Now every time you express a contrary opinion it becomes bullying. I have only heard her say she won't give her a shot at the belt unless she can make weight because she has used steroids, she cheated. That's hardly the same thing as calling another girl fat on facebook. Maybe she has said something more than that but I haven't heard it.


Forum GP - Season XI - Champion
Term is offline  
post #64 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,762
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oordeel View Post
Cyborg didn't apologize until she got caught. It's reasonable to assume she would've continued cheating if she wasn't caught, because otherwise she would've stopped sooner, never gotten popped and this thread would not exist.

As far as claiming she's being treated inhumanely? Maybe you should look up what that means... I think what Cyborg did to her opponents was way worse than what anybody says to her. She did both severe physical and mental damage to other fighters with an unfair advantage. That too me seems like far worse bullying than getting your panties in a bunch because someone's not digging your Frankenstein look.

Soojooko makes a good point; in other sports roiders are punished far more severe than in MMA. I find it ridiculous he gets called out because he has no leniency for cheaters. That, to me, sounds like an upside down world.

Also, bias when it comes to Brazilians, dozens of people have called you out on it, might be time to do a little bit of reflecting. Let me help you, take a deep breath.... Imagine you're, let's say, Irish for a minute.... just let that sink in..... You're welcome!
Agree she apologized after being caught, I never defended her for taking PEDs. Any fighter being caught say the same stuff, but true enough, so many others are clean only because there's a system that tests them and the possibility of being caught is real. I am not debating where Cyborg morals are here.

However, you guys are mixing up two completely different subjects. One mistake is no justification to another. Cyborg popping in 2011 has zero to do with what Dana and Ronda are doing right now. The article is pretty specific. Public people mocking publicly someone's appearance. Cyborg is not the only bad looking chick paying attention to this.

But since you are comparing the steroids with the online bullying, lets do it.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree taking steroids to win a fight is worse than attacking someone's physical appearance, calling her a freak. The mental damage is way worse in the bullying case. The humiliation, the depression that follows.

The one who lost a fight to a roider has this to his/her side: I was beaten by someone who cheated. Water under the bridge. No post traumatic disorder should follow a loss to a roider.

And this disparity in physical strength is overrated. As I said before, no roided fighter will punch harder than Barboza's shin impacting on the side of your head. This idea roiders are "risking the lives of their opponents" as they are bringing a "weapon" and should respond for murder is BS. They are just cheating to win, that's all. The gain is just enough to win the fight sometimes (Vitor lost a fight he popped). Steroids do not transform people in super humans X-Men like. The difference in strength we see between clean fighters sometimes is very relevant anyway.

And despite Cyborg being caught, punished accordingly, suspended, stripped from her title, paying a fine, and passing every test since, some people just want her to be bullied about her looks to the end of her days and I just can't agree with that.

About my bias, learn this, little grass hopper. I don't care about bias or nationalities, I care about reasons, motives and facts. I never say "you think like this because you are Irish, or American, or British..." Ever.
It's other people who throws those kind of lines over and over and over, but guess what, I am still here. Some are happy to actually read what I write and make sense of it. Others are just missing the opportunity to read some honest opinions. Not my loss.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
post #65 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Flyweight
 
oordeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere on earth
Posts: 390
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman 2.0 View Post
Agree she apologized after being caught, I never defended her for taking PEDs. Any fighter being caught say the same stuff, but true enough, so many others are clean only because there's a system that tests them and the possibility of being caught is real. I am not debating where Cyborg morals are here.

However, you guys are mixing up two completely different subjects. One mistake is no justification to another. Cyborg popping in 2011 has zero to do with what Dana and Ronda are doing right now. The article is pretty specific. Public people mocking publicly someone's appearance. Cyborg is not the only bad looking chick paying attention to this.

But since you are comparing the steroids with the online bullying, lets do it.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree taking steroids to win a fight is worse than attacking someone's physical appearance, calling her a freak. The mental damage is way worse in the bullying case. The humiliation, the depression that follows.

The one who lost a fight to a roider has this to his/her side: I was beaten by someone who cheated. Water under the bridge. No post traumatic disorder should follow a loss to a roider.

And this disparity in physical strength is overrated. As I said before, no roided fighter will punch harder than Barboza's shin impacting on the side of your head. This idea roiders are "risking the lives of their opponents" as they are bringing a "weapon" and should respond for murder is BS. They are just cheating to win, that's all. The gain is just enough to win the fight sometimes (Vitor lost a fight he popped). Steroids do not transform people in super humans X-Men like. The difference in strength we see between clean fighters sometimes is very relevant anyway.

And despite Cyborg being caught, punished accordingly, suspended, stripped from her title, paying a fine, and passing every test since, some people just want her to be bullied about her looks to the end of her days and I just can't agree with that.

About my bias, learn this, little grass hopper. I don't care about bias or nationalities, I care about reasons, motives and facts. I never say "you think like this because you are Irish, or American, or British..." Ever.
It's other people who throws those kind of lines over and over and over, but guess what, I am still here. Some are happy to actually read what I write and make sense of it. Others are just missing the opportunity to read some honest opinions. Not my loss.
I understand it's your opinion, but let's give this a shot. You seriously think someone calling you out on any type of deformation you caused to yourself, (actions and consequences, you take steroids as a woman, you will start looking man-like), is worse than giving someone a physical beating?
You also say when someone is on steroids, they don't hit much harder than when they're not? I disagree with that. On steroids you have more strength and more cardio. So instead of hitting a person 20 times with diminishing power, you can hit hit someone a lot longer with more power (strength diminishes at a slower rate). How is that not doing a lot more damage to someone else?

I'll be perfectly clear, I think online bullying sucks and it's wrong! I'm firmly against it! But getting called out for decisions made while knowingly cheating does not make you a victim of bullying.

Cyborg's been borderline online stalking Ronda, and when Ronda fires back, now Cyborg is being bullied? Grow some ******* skin, i thought she was a fighter, not a *****.

In any case, that's all I have to say about that.

oh yeah, DW is full of shit
oordeel is offline  
post #66 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 10,036
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCake View Post
There is a bigger picture to this story...

Ronda Rousey is a huge influence/role model to many young women I'm sure...and she shouldn't be seen doing this shit, or have it be seen like it's ok to go to town on someone online targeting their appearance.

That's my major beef here with Ronda, the fact that someone who idolizes her may start saying horrible shit to someone online and not know just how emotionally vulnerable the person receiving the hate is.
Does Cyborg not have any influence on young women? What is she teaching them exactly? How to beat the shit out of other women while pumped full of juice? Or do we give her a pass because she doesn't have the influence Ronda does? What if Cyborg was as popular as Ronda, would it then be ok for me to take digs at her?

@Sportsman
Everything you post is an opinion. Not some written in stone moral truth. We feel differently about roiders in sports. Have I told you how to think on the topic? Criticized your character because I dont agree with your views? No. Yet you think its ok to call me an evil hate filled radical - for my personal opinion on roiders. Wheres your justification? All this bollocks about not having a leg to stand on even though most sports fans would not side with the way MMA deals with roiders, which is soft as shit.

I know I said im going to back away... but fook that. Im not going to hide my views on sports cheats just because the MMA community doesn't really consider it that big a deal as long as they stop roiding and serve a pathetic ban. Lets let Lance Armstrong keep his titles and welcome him back into cycling. Go suggest that in any cycling forum and see how they feel about it.
Soojooko is offline  
post #67 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 08:14 PM
It Lurks...
 
evilappendix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NOLA
Posts: 661
                     
Has Ronda specifically made fun of Justino's looks? I know Dana has. That dude talks sh*t about every fighter not contracted to the UFC and some that are. I do agree with Cyborg that her looks should not be ridiculed but at the same time, this reeks of her trying to continue to keep her name attached to Ronda's. I know Rowdy has called her out on her use of steroids, which is absolutely true and shouldn't be so easily glossed over. Especially when the fighter who got popped has made a career out of mauling much smaller women and brags about walking around at 170lbs. That's 20lbs more than Ronda. If Ronda is making fun of Justino's looks then yes, she is being a hypocrite and deserves to be called out for it. At the same time though, don't take synthetic hormones to gain a strength advantage and then get hurt feelings when people say you look mannish due to steroid abuse. Cyborg took Winstrol ffs...
evilappendix is offline  
post #68 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 09:52 PM
Featherweight
 
SmackyBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,000
                     
I'm a big Cyborg critic, but I do agree that Dana and Ronda have crossed a line in attacking her looks. It's one thing to criticize her steroid use, her magic scale, and the many stupid things she's ever said, but calling her an "it" or Wandy in a dress is pretty childish.

I'm not really surprised though. They both can be loudmouth jerks. Like Dana originally being against women fighting was because he saw a pretty girl get beaten down by a girl he said looked "like Randy Couture" in a local show. The story seemingly starts off about depth of a division (which is a fair point, especially since the fight was quite a few years ago) and then he throws in an insult for no reason.


Evilappendix- Besides calling her an it, she has said that if she were a little girl and saw Cyborg, she'd go ewww and say she doesn't want to fight if you have to look like that to do it. I think she could have made a real point about the importance of not doing PEDs, the virilizing effects of androgenic anabolic steroids and being a role model for children, but instead she took the low road.

Some people think that they can convey either a philosophy on life or a complex political statement using a signature on the internet. I'm not one of them.
SmackyBear is offline  
post #69 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,762
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oordeel View Post
I understand it's your opinion, but let's give this a shot. You seriously think someone calling you out on any type of deformation you caused to yourself, (actions and consequences, you take steroids as a woman, you will start looking man-like), is worse than giving someone a physical beating?
These people take physical beating as part of their jobs, what are you talking about? Win and lose, get kicked in the face in training and in fight night, get choked out, knocked out receiving gashing wounds. This is their lives. Can't even compare.

And how can you find peace in your mind having someone ridiculed for his/her appearance because that person was responsible for that? She can't go back. She destroyed her face. Ever wonder she may feel even worse knowing that she caused that to her without being publicly hunted and humiliated forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oordeel View Post
You also say when someone is on steroids, they don't hit much harder than when they're not? I disagree with that. On steroids you have more strength and more cardio. So instead of hitting a person 20 times with diminishing power, you can hit hit someone a lot longer with more power (strength diminishes at a slower rate). How is that not doing a lot more damage to someone else?
Not what I meant. Of course they will hit harder and probably for a longer time. Please, go back there to check the point I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oordeel View Post
I'll be perfectly clear, I think online bullying sucks and it's wrong! I'm firmly against it! But getting called out for decisions made while knowingly cheating does not make you a victim of bullying.
But it does. You found 5 years ban to much for Nick Diaz? How about being trashed for your lifetime for a mistake you made long time ago? And bear in mind we are not discussing she being called a cheat, it's her deformities that are being targeted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oordeel View Post
Cyborg's been borderline online stalking Ronda, and when Ronda fires back, now Cyborg is being bullied? Grow some ******* skin, i thought she was a fighter, not a *****.

In any case, that's all I have to say about that.

oh yeah, DW is full of shit
Cyborg wants the fight. That's all. She is not offending Ronda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Does Cyborg not have any influence on young women? What is she teaching them exactly? How to beat the shit out of other women while pumped full of juice? Or do we give her a pass because she doesn't have the influence Ronda does? What if Cyborg was as popular as Ronda, would it then be ok for me to take digs at her?
She made a mistake, she was caught, she got punished, she got deformed, she learned the lesson, carried on working hard and testing clean, regained her belt and is an undisputed champion. This is what young women were able to learn from Cyborg. Or basically, don't use steroids because you may end up looking like me and, if you make a huge mistake in your life, don't run away, stick around and carry on living your dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
@Sportsman
Everything you post is an opinion. Not some written in stone moral truth. We feel differently about roiders in sports. Have I told you how to think on the topic? Criticized your character because I dont agree with your views? No. Yet you think its ok to call me an evil hate filled radical - for my personal opinion on roiders. Wheres your justification? All this bollocks about not having a leg to stand on even though most sports fans would not side with the way MMA deals with roiders, which is soft as shit.

I know I said im going to back away... but fook that. Im not going to hide my views on sports cheats just because the MMA community doesn't really consider it that big a deal as long as they stop roiding and serve a pathetic ban. Lets let Lance Armstrong keep his titles and welcome him back into cycling. Go suggest that in any cycling forum and see how they feel about it.
You don't have a leg to stand on because you are not commenting on the OP, you are just ignoring it completely just to say the opinion we all here are aware about roiding. The subject is online bullying, but you want to make it "Cyborg is a cheat", which is pathetic because you can't dissociate one thing from another.

Again, we don't see you saying this kind of words toward, for example, the next LW title contender, Donald Cerrone, or others. Well, probably now that I mentioned, you gonna say "fook him", right, but you target Cyborg more vehemently than any other, even when the subject is a different one.

I did not call you anything. It's your decision not to be a forgiving person, just don't get mad when it's pointed out. Maybe that brick took the place of your heart too.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
post #70 of 151 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Team Tate 4 Life
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,168
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Does Cyborg not have any influence on young women? What is she teaching them exactly?
I never said she did. I said Ronda did...
arkanoydz likes this.
LizaG is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome