Title Holder History - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joppp
Observation:

Nr of UFC HW champs: Many*

LHW Champs: Many*

Nr of PRIDE HW champs: 2 (big nog then Fedor)
LHW Champs: 2 (Wandy then Hendo; i don't think Saku was technically the champ)

*havn't bothered to count
Yeah PRIDE'S champs have reigned a long time with good consistency. But sometimes the champ would fight and the title wouldn't even be on the line
cabby is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Welterweight
 
joppp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,279
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
Yeah PRIDE'S champs have reigned a long time with good consistency. But sometimes the champ would fight and the title wouldn't even be on the line
Yeah thats for sure man. PRIDE to me seems pretty corrupt and cruel sometimes (Aurelio and japanese judges often being racist against non-japanese)

Official Leader of the Demian Maia Subway Station!

Dustin Hazelett - I'm McLovin' it

"The second he hits me, I will crush him!" - WAND (WAR)
joppp is offline  
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joppp
Yeah thats for sure man. PRIDE to me seems pretty corrupt and cruel sometimes (Aurelio and japanese judges often being racist against non-japanese)
Yeah but damn I miss PRIDE like crazy
cabby is offline  
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 02:54 PM
GMW
International Stalker
 
GMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,203
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Wow, middle weight is pretty inactive compared to LHW, HW and welter. I knew it wasn't the most talented but I didn't think it had so fewer title fights.
GMW is offline  
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
                     
It is amazing and I never realized it before but every LHW champion beside Belfort (who didn't really win the title). Has held it for a good period of time. Frank had 4 defenses. Tito had 5. Randy had the title for a while not counting Vitor cutting him. and Liddell held the title for a pretty long time. It seems like the LHW title doesn't just change hands often and the guys who have won it outside of Vitor are all Hall of Famer fighters.
bbjd7 is offline  
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Randy>Fedor
 
NSaNe PrEp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 46
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7
It is amazing and I never realized it before but every LHW champion beside Belfort (who didn't really win the title). Has held it for a good period of time. Frank had 4 defenses. Tito had 5. Randy had the title for a while not counting Vitor cutting him. and Liddell held the title for a pretty long time. It seems like the LHW title doesn't just change hands often and the guys who have won it outside of Vitor are all Hall of Famer fighters.
That means if the past means anything that Rampage wont lose to Hendo
NSaNe PrEp is offline  
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW
Wow, middle weight is pretty inactive compared to LHW, HW and welter. I knew it wasn't the most talented but I didn't think it had so fewer title fights.
And still even now there isn't many contenders for the MW title. It's definitely lacking compared to the new additions the UFC has made lately.
cabby is offline  
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Defecato, ergo sum
 
Gluteal Cleft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,151
                     
It's amazing to me that they let the lightweights go four years without a title holder. Then it took almost a year before another title fight in the division. Kinda like Dana doesn't take the division seriously or something...
Gluteal Cleft is offline  
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Not The Song
 
Cochise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern Cali
Posts: 1,003
                   
I saw this a while back, and thought it was already posted, I guess not, lol.

But its funny to see that the Light Heavyweight Championship was around before the heavyweight title. Seeing as how most promotios focus around the heavyweight championship.


Quote:
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there... "
Cochise is offline  
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluteal Cleft
It's amazing to me that they let the lightweights go four years without a title holder. Then it took almost a year before another title fight in the division. Kinda like Dana doesn't take the division seriously or something...
Ya its good to have the LW division scrappin' out for the title again One of my favorite weight-classes to watch
cabby is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome