Cheik Kongo, should he have been DQ'ed? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
At the very least Kongo should have lost points and that would have been a draw or given Mirko the win
AtomDanger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:47 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Sandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 84
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
At the very least Kongo should have lost points and that would have been a draw or given Mirko the win
to give Crocop the win would be a joke, a draw or a no contest or some shit.
Sandman is offline  
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
to give Crocop the win would be a joke, a draw or a no contest or some shit.
Pardon? Come on. First of all there were TWO knees to the groin, and with lack of further evidence, they were unintentional. Big John did his job well, he took Kongo aside, told him he would be punished if he did it again, gave Crocop his 5 mins and continued the fight. Low-blows are a fairly common occurance, and referees pretty much all do what Big John did. Draw? No Contest? Are you kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline  
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biowza
Pardon? Come on. First of all there were TWO knees to the groin, and with lack of further evidence, they were unintentional. Big John did his job well, he took Kongo aside, told him he would be punished if he did it again, gave Crocop his 5 mins and continued the fight. Low-blows are a fairly common occurance, and referees pretty much all do what Big John did. Draw? No Contest? Are you kidding me?
There were four, Kongo had to be warned twice. A point could have been taken away in the 2nd, which could have led to a draw due to Crocop(arguably) winning the first.
TheNegation is offline  
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Well from what I saw the only ones that Big John saw were the two in a row. The other one didn't have a camera shot, and Mirko just looked towards Big John but he didn't do anything. As far as I am concerned the only ones that should count are the ones that have a camera shot, not just speculation. Not saying Mirko wasn't kneed more than twice but I am only counting the ones that have evidence to backt them up. I have only seen the fight once though so I am not too sure if the two in a row were the only ones caught on tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline  
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biowza
Well from what I saw the only ones that Big John saw were the two in a row. The other one didn't have a camera shot, and Mirko just looked towards Big John but he didn't do anything. As far as I am concerned the only ones that should count are the ones that have a camera shot, not just speculation. Not saying Mirko wasn't kneed more than twice but I am only counting the ones that have evidence to backt them up. I have only seen the fight once though so I am not too sure if the two in a row were the only ones caught on tape.
He was pretty clearly kneed in the first round.#

I don't think it should have been a draw, Crocop got manhandled. But so did Rashad.
TheNegation is offline  
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Zombie Cage Fighter
 
LivingDedMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 949
                     
No, Big John made the right call with the stern warning. One more low blow and it would've been a point deducted. This isn't 12 rounds of boxing where losing one point doesn't affect you too much, this is 3 round mma and 1 point is usually the difference in a win or loss.

GSP nailed Hughes twice in the bells in their second fight, no point was deducted.
LivingDedMan is offline  
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Flyweight
 
jehu pitchfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 332
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDedMan
GSP nailed Hughes twice in the bells in their second fight, no point was deducted.
doesn't mean it was right.

mirko was DEFinitely racked more than twice.

Favorite Fighters:

Fedor Emelianenko
Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua
Anotonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Dan Henderson
Andrei Arlovski
Wanderlei Silva
Luke Cummo
jehu pitchfork is offline  
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
The Tarantula
 
Truuuax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 305
 
I counted one in the 2nd round and then 3 in the 4th! And I dont care if its once, twice, three or sixty times... It isnt fair... When you hit someone in that area, it declines their stamina. It's almost like steroids, if you take them they will help you and not help the other guy. This does the same thing, it throws the other guy off big time.

Another reason why GSP became the Welterweight Champ. After this first two kicks to the groin Hughes was just not focused on GSP anymore, he was focused on protecting his nuts. But hey, if they can get away with it then my next fight I'm going to kick/knee my opponent in the nuts 3-4 times, throw him off, then KO his ass. And if any points get deducted or I get DQ'ed then I'm just going to say "Well why not Kongo, or GSP? How come they get to do it?"

Does that sound right to you?

Truuuax is offline  
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:55 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Sandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 84
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biowza
Pardon? Come on. First of all there were TWO knees to the groin, and with lack of further evidence, they were unintentional. Big John did his job well, he took Kongo aside, told him he would be punished if he did it again, gave Crocop his 5 mins and continued the fight. Low-blows are a fairly common occurance, and referees pretty much all do what Big John did. Draw? No Contest? Are you kidding me?
DID I SAY KONGO DIDNT DESERVE TO WIN THE FIGHT? NO, SO DONT MAKE IT OUT AS IF I DID. I was saying for what ever reason if Big John wanted to do something like give Cropcop the fight it would of been lame etc. etc.
Sandman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome