Shogun ranked #1.......WTF for - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
mohod1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 277
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalking87
look at what shoguns accomplished and who hes beatn and its all been pretty much in round 1 so yeah he deserves it go watch some shogun fights and ull see why
world rankings are not based on how you won but who you beat.
mohod1982 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Amateur
 
veilside23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 187
 
people are cleary becoming a rampage fan now hahahahaha...
veilside23 is offline  
post #13 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Shogun mangled Jackson, and neither has lost since. Obviously he should be ranked higher.
TheNegation is offline  
post #14 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 369
   
eh it doesnt matter what you idiots think. rampage has the belt, so no matter what, shogun better win and climb the ladder like the bitch he is
Shanks is offline  
post #15 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:53 AM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,279
                     
IMO, Shogun has done great things and should be recognized as no. 1.

But I also believe he needs to take it to the next step. He is at the point now where he should stop worrying what Wanderlei thinks and get the gold for himself. Only when he holds and successfully defend a title will he be truly No.1.

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #16 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks
eh it doesnt matter what you idiots think. rampage has the belt, so no matter what, shogun better win and climb the ladder like the bitch he is
Firstly, that doesn't even make sense. Secondly, Rampage got that shot at the title because they wanted a grudge match between him and Lidell, I mean he got ****ed up by Silva twice and Shogun, he wasn't close to thebest in Pride.
TheNegation is offline  
post #17 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 369
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation
Firstly, that doesn't even make sense. Secondly, Rampage got that shot at the title because they wanted a grudge match between him and Lidell, I mean he got ****ed up by Silva twice and Shogun, he wasn't close to thebest in Pride.

this was before he started sparring with pro fighters, and before he got with a awesome camp. dont look at the past, but look at the present and future. wandy isnt in a good place right now. shogun needs to get active. rampage is # 1 right now
Shanks is offline  
post #18 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks
this was before he started sparring with pro fighters, and before he got with a awesome camp. dont look at the past, but look at the present and future. wandy isnt in a good place right now. shogun needs to get active. rampage is # 1 right now
Shogun is active? He is fighting forrest. Present: Rampage beat a guy he beat before, who has spent histime getting spoon fed Ground fighters by the UFC, then beat a middleweight.
Future: Shogun is gonna **** everyone up at 205, including Rampage.
TheNegation is offline  
post #19 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Cry Havoc
 
IcemanCometh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Working in the City.
Posts: 2,912
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks
this was before he started sparring with pro fighters, and before he got with a awesome camp. dont look at the past, but look at the present and future. wandy isnt in a good place right now. shogun needs to get active. rampage is # 1 right now
Okay here is Ramp's last ten fights.
  • Win Dan Henderson Decision (Unanimous) UFC 75-Champion vs. Champion 9/8/2007
  • Win Chuck Liddell TKO (Punches) UFC 71-Liddell vs. Jackson 5/26/2007
  • Win Marvin Eastman KO (Punches) UFC 67-All or Nothing 2/3/2007
  • Win Matt Lindland Decision (Split) WFA-King of the Streets 7/22/2006
  • Win Dong Sik Yoon Decision (Unanimous) PRIDE 31-Dreamers 2/26/2006
  • Win Hirotaka Yokoi TKO (Punches and Stomps) PRIDE 30-Fully Loaded 10/23/2005
  • Loss Mauricio Rua KO (Strikes) PRIDE-Total Elimination 2005 4/23/2005
  • Win Murilo Rua Decision (Split) PRIDE 29-Fists Of Fire 2/20/2005
  • Loss Wanderlei Silva KO PRIDE 28-High Octane 10/31/2004
  • Win Ricardo Arona KO (Slam) PRIDE-Critical Countdown 2004 6/20/2004

here is Shogun's last ten fights
  • Win Alistair Overeem KO (Punches) PRIDE 33 - Second Coming 2/24/2007 1 3:37
  • Win Kazuhiro Nakamura Decision (Unanimous) PRIDE - Shockwave 2006 12/31/2006 3 5:00
  • Win Kevin Randleman Submission (Kneebar) PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal 10/21/2006 1 2:35
  • Win Cyrille Diabate TKO (Stomps) PRIDE - Final Conflict Absolute 9/10/2006 1 5:29
  • Loss Mark Coleman TKO (Broken Arm) PRIDE 31 - Dreamers 2/26/2006 1 0:49
  • Win Ricardo Arona KO (Strikes) PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 8/28/2005 1 2:54
  • Win Alistair Overeem TKO (Strikes) PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 8/28/2005 1 6:42
  • Win Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Decision (Unaminous) PRIDE - Critical Countdown 2005 6/26/2005 3 5:00
  • Win Quinton Jackson KO (Strikes) PRIDE - Total Elimination 2005 4/23/2005 1 4:47
  • Win Hiromitsu Kanehara TKO (Stomp) PRIDE 29 - Fists Of Fire 2/20/2005 1 1:40

hate to break to you but Shogun's fough much tougher competiton, some of it on the same night. Also beating two guys that are ranked doesn't shoot you to the top of the rankings, sorry. It also doesn't help that you got owned by the #1 ranked fighter, furthermore, of the guys I listed for Ramp half of them are cans. They have records like 11-5 and 1-4.

IcemanCometh is offline  
post #20 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 369
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanCometh
Okay here is Ramp's last ten fights.
  • Win Dan Henderson Decision (Unanimous) UFC 75-Champion vs. Champion 9/8/2007
  • Win Chuck Liddell TKO (Punches) UFC 71-Liddell vs. Jackson 5/26/2007
  • Win Marvin Eastman KO (Punches) UFC 67-All or Nothing 2/3/2007
  • Win Matt Lindland Decision (Split) WFA-King of the Streets 7/22/2006
  • Win Dong Sik Yoon Decision (Unanimous) PRIDE 31-Dreamers 2/26/2006
  • Win Hirotaka Yokoi TKO (Punches and Stomps) PRIDE 30-Fully Loaded 10/23/2005
  • Loss Mauricio Rua KO (Strikes) PRIDE-Total Elimination 2005 4/23/2005
  • Win Murilo Rua Decision (Split) PRIDE 29-Fists Of Fire 2/20/2005
  • Loss Wanderlei Silva KO PRIDE 28-High Octane 10/31/2004
  • Win Ricardo Arona KO (Slam) PRIDE-Critical Countdown 2004 6/20/2004

here is Shogun's last ten fights
  • Win Alistair Overeem KO (Punches) PRIDE 33 - Second Coming 2/24/2007 1 3:37
  • Win Kazuhiro Nakamura Decision (Unanimous) PRIDE - Shockwave 2006 12/31/2006 3 5:00
  • Win Kevin Randleman Submission (Kneebar) PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal 10/21/2006 1 2:35
  • Win Cyrille Diabate TKO (Stomps) PRIDE - Final Conflict Absolute 9/10/2006 1 5:29
  • Loss Mark Coleman TKO (Broken Arm) PRIDE 31 - Dreamers 2/26/2006 1 0:49
  • Win Ricardo Arona KO (Strikes) PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 8/28/2005 1 2:54
  • Win Alistair Overeem TKO (Strikes) PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 8/28/2005 1 6:42
  • Win Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Decision (Unaminous) PRIDE - Critical Countdown 2005 6/26/2005 3 5:00
  • Win Quinton Jackson KO (Strikes) PRIDE - Total Elimination 2005 4/23/2005 1 4:47
  • Win Hiromitsu Kanehara TKO (Stomp) PRIDE 29 - Fists Of Fire 2/20/2005 1 1:40

hate to break to you but Shogun's fough much tougher competiton, some of it on the same night. Also beating two guys that are ranked doesn't shoot you to the top of the rankings, sorry. It also doesn't help that you got owned by the #1 ranked fighter, furthermore, of the guys I listed for Ramp half of them are cans. They have records like 11-5 and 1-4.

all what really matters is who has the belt. so you wasted a HUGE post for nothing. you can post that 100 times, but rampage will still have the belt today. you can post it 600 more times, but rampage is still hung over, from partying all night after beating the dude that beat the shit out of wandy. you can post it 1000 times but shogun is still facing a top 15 fighter, while rampage will be sitting on the beaches of europe with his belt, enjoying the nice weather. do you get the picture yet? the past doesnt mean shit. rampage is the top dawg, and the only LHW to beat two top 5s back to back this year. i win
Shanks is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome