Next for Kongo? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Zombie Cage Fighter
 
LivingDedMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 949
LivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of lightLivingDedMan is a glorious beacon of light
I say they should give Kongo the winner of the Sylvia vs. Vera fight and then they can give Gonzaga the loser of that same fight. Winner vs. Winner and Loser vs. Loser.
LivingDedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-12-2007, 03:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
Biowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDedMan
I say they should give Kongo the winner of the Sylvia vs. Vera fight and then they can give Gonzaga the loser of that same fight. Winner vs. Winner and Loser vs. Loser.
I think it should be the other way around but I like your thinking.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Wombatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 794
Wombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enough
Vera may have some trouble with Kongo due to his size....Tim would be a good match or def Arlovski or Nog.
Wombatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
Elusive
 
mattandbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 2,092
mattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renown
Kongo v Arlovski
mattandbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #25 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,039
iSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura aboutiSHACKABUKU has a spectacular aura about
Kongo on the ground looks like a fish out of water! Any well rounded fighter will take Kongo out. CC is NOT a well rounded fighter and Kongo got lucky with a broken rib early on. I think Arlovski would tear him apart.
iSHACKABUKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
Biowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSHACKABUKU
Kongo on the ground looks like a fish out of water! Any well rounded fighter will take Kongo out. CC is NOT a well rounded fighter and Kongo got lucky with a broken rib early on. I think Arlovski would tear him apart.
You're proabably a troll, but anyway. He got lucky with a broken rib? care to explain that for me? No, seriously do, I would love to see this attempt. HE IS NOT HOPELESS ON THE GROUND Of course it is not his strong suit and he certainly is significantly better on the feet, but its not like whenever he gets taken down he gets pounded out or submitted right away. He hasn't lost by submission ever, so I really don't know where this whole 'hopeless/horrendous' talk comes from. What makes you think that Arlovski would tear Kongo apart? Kongo beat 'an angry, determined Mirko' (lol) CC has better striking than Arlovski and Kongo schooled him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
Cry Havoc
 
IcemanCometh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Working in the City.
Posts: 2,912
IcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
I think that Kongo should fight the winner of Tim Sylvia vs Brandon Vera.
Would the winner of kongo/Sylvia/Vera get a title shot? A lot of people feel the winner of Syliva/Vera should get the shot, I agree that Sylvia should as he is the former champ but not Vera so maybe win or lose Vera should fight Kongo.



Quote:
I think that there's a possiblity the UFC might have Kongo fight Minotauro, but that's a bad matchup style wise. Nogueira is too good on the ground and I think that he would be willing to pull guard on Kongo to win that fight.
I wanna see Minotauro deal with Kongo's new found clinch game against the fence. I could also see Kongo pulling off a much better HK than Herring and KO'ing him. However, on the ground the edge is for Nog.

Quote:
So, my thought is that the UFC will put together a big striker v striker matchup by giving Kongo the winner of Sylvia v Vera, and giving CroCop the loser.
This might sound odd but is that fair to Cro Cop? I could see either of those guys being bad match ups for him.

Quote:
I think that Nog might fight Werdum, and that's a fight I'd love to see go to the ground, because of how good their jiu-jitsu is.
It happened at PRIDE - Critical Coutdown Absolute 7/1/2006 strangely enough it stayed standing for most of the fight and Big Nog the UD.

Quote:
My question is what's next for Andrei Arlovski?
BodogFight? But seriously, I think he should fight Cro Cop as they are both near or on their last fight winner gets a contract

Just had an epiphany, why not give CroCop Werdum that would have to end in a KO for Mirko.

Napao I thought was out for six months with his broken nose so I think like Randy its hard to put him in matches.
__________________
IcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,225
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanCometh
Would the winner of kongo/Sylvia/Vera get a title shot? A lot of people feel the winner of Syliva/Vera should get the shot, I agree that Sylvia should as he is the former champ but not Vera so maybe win or lose Vera should fight Kongo.
After Tim Sylvia's last few fights, I don't think he should get a title shot right away. The UFC knows that he wasn't impressive for a while, and I think we would all like to see him regain some composure before stepping in the octagon with randy.

Quote:
I wanna see Minotauro deal with Kongo's new found clinch game against the fence. I could also see Kongo pulling off a much better HK than Herring and KO'ing him. However, on the ground the edge is for Nog.
I think Kongo is a much better striker than Nogueira, as he's much more well versed in the dynamics. Standing up, Nog is a pure boxer, and Kongo would eat a pure boxer alive.

Though I think that Nog's not afraid to pull guard in this matchup in order to put Kongo in a bad position. On the ground I think that Nog could sweep him or work that triangle/armbar/omoplata combination.

I think the fight would be interesting, and a good test of Kongo's submission defense, but he might just end up getting tapped out really quickly.


Quote:
This might sound odd but is that fair to Cro Cop? I could see either of those guys being bad match ups for him.
If you are talking about Sylvia and Vera, I can understand your logic, but I think that Sylvia gives him the opportunity to utilize lots of leg kicks and Vera gives him the chance to mix it up, and he'll have to if he wants to stay out of the clinch.

I think both those fights are interesting and give CroCop a chance to recover, but that's what I thought about the Kongo fight, some I'm not entirely sure.


Quote:
Just had an epiphany, why not give CroCop Werdum that would have to end in a KO for Mirko.
They're teammates, and I think that, given that Werdum is CroCop's grappling coach, that would pretty much doom CroCop to getting submitted.
__________________


Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #29 (permalink)
Cry Havoc
 
IcemanCometh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Working in the City.
Posts: 2,912
IcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
After Tim Sylvia's last few fights, I don't think he should get a title shot right away. The UFC knows that he wasn't impressive for a while, and I think we would all like to see him regain some composure before stepping in the octagon with randy.
I don't care how his fights looked, he beat the guys they threw at him and I think being a former champ he should get his shot. Do you feel that GSP should fight a few more, I mean he couldn't finish Koscheck. Or Hughes looked like crap against Lytle.



Quote:
I think Kongo is a much better striker than Nogueira, as he's much more well versed in the dynamics. Standing up, Nog is a pure boxer, and Kongo would eat a pure boxer alive.
Is this your feeling about mauy thai guys fighting all boxers? Or is Kongo versed in mauy thai and another art. I have never see Big Nog and Cro Cop I saw he lost one and won one via armbar so I am just wondering if your using those fights as basis for think his boxing>Kongo's striking.

Quote:
Though I think that Nog's not afraid to pull guard in this matchup in order to put Kongo in a bad position. On the ground I think that Nog could sweep him or work that triangle/armbar/omoplata combination.
Totally agree.

Quote:
I think the fight would be interesting, and a good test of Kongo's submission defense, but he might just end up getting tapped out really quickly.
It would be better than a wrestlers and fellow striker that is for sure. I would also say Nog>Assurieo Silva in terms of bjj.


Quote:
If you are talking about Sylvia and Vera, I can understand your logic, but I think that Sylvia gives him the opportunity to utilize lots of leg kicks and Vera gives him the chance to mix it up, and he'll have to if he wants to stay out of the clinch.

I think both those fights are interesting and give CroCop a chance to recover, but that's what I thought about the Kongo fight, some I'm not entirely sure.
I think Mirko loses either one he is screwed. I also feel if Tim or Brandon lose they are screwed too. Everyone would be thinking "Oh that guy lost to _______ so _______ shouldn't have problems kicking his ass." For them to be like: "Awww shit he lost, again?!?" I think its just too dangerous a situation with those three guys.


Quote:
They're teammates, and I think that, given that Werdum is CroCop's grappling coach, that would pretty much doom CroCop to getting submitted.
He is I thought Mirko brought out Lister, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are still working together, as I thought Werdum was going to chute boxe to boot. I think it could be a fun build up.
__________________
IcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
MoopsiePuffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 291
MoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the roughMoopsiePuffs is a jewel in the rough
i think they should throw him in with a striker, Arlovski, or the winner of Sylvia - Vera. I think if Sylvia wins the fight against Vera he will be the best opponent for Kongo as Kongo has a BIG hight advantage over Vera, and if Tim loses the fight with Vera i think Arlovski should get his act together and go in the cage with Kongo and give Mirko to Vera which would let us see if Cro Cop really is finished or if Vera is the real deal.
__________________
Favourite Fighter

Renato Sobral

Always appreciating the fine workings of Sakara, Almeida, Gonzaga
MoopsiePuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios