UFC HW title picture in disarray - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
UFCfan610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 445
UFCfan610 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
if Tim wins his next fight, he should get the title shot. Nog wasn't even the champ in Pride so there's no way he should leap Tim into a title fight.
__________________
Diego Sanchez = The Future
UFCfan610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-12-2007, 01:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Chocolate City
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,505
Wise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Giant Silva would anaconda choke Randy out.
__________________
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Ares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 101
Ares has a little shameless behaviour in the past
For some reason I always wanted to see Couture fight Mark Coleman. Make that happen.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
wallysworld191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 832
wallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy
The HW division has made many strides in the last year. But they currently still have one major problem. Right now there isnt a single HW fighter on the roster that the UFC can sell for a title match with Randy. If Fedor doesnt sign, i really dont know where they are going to turn for the next title shot. Lets go through the list of top HW's, in no particular order:


Mirko Cro Cop: just lost two consecutive matches and has a long way to go before ever seeing a title shot.

Gabriel Gonzaga: Just had his shot and lost to Randy, now must win a few matches to get back in the picture.

Tim Sylvia: lost his title to Randy and hasnt fought since. needs at least two impressive victorys to be considered for another shot.

Andrei Arlovski: Has looked unipressive in his last two matches, however both were wins. Dana dosnt think he deserves a title shot, plus he is currently in a contract dispute and may not even sign with the UFC. Probably the best choice for a title match due to his popularity among fans.

Fabricio Werdum: Just lost a boring match against Arlovski. So obviously no title matches in the near future. must work his way back up.

Cheick Kongo: Coming off a impressive victorys over Cro Cop and Assuerio Silva while being servicable on the ground. It doesnt help that he got owned on the ground and lost to Carmelo Marrero previously. what makes that loss worse it Marrero then goes and loses badly to Gonzaga and Wilson Gouveia. Probably needs another win but the UFC could sell him as the #1 contender if they wanted to.

Brandon Vera: Been out of action for over a year. Needs an impressive victory over Sylvia to even be considered. Only other notable victory is over Frank Mir(post leg injury). Perhaps he will be the future HW champion but he is not ready right now.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: Most MMA fans will say that hes the obvious choice. However it'll be a hard sell to the majority of UFC fans. To the UFC audience he's the guy that got knocked out by Heath Herring(who then allowed him to stand up instead of finishing him). His resume suggests he deserves a title shot but his last match suggests he needs an impressive win against a top tier UFC fighter before getting a title shot.


I might be missing someone but thats basically the top heavyweights currently in the UFC. Let's assume Fedor is not coming to the UFC. The UFC has said they want Randy to defend the title on Superbowl weekend. So who do you think will get the title shot?
umm...its really not in disarray at all....so i really dont know what your talking about.

randy is champ
big nog just had an impressive win (impressive cuz he survived)
kongo is getting closer to being a number one contender
crocop is down
gonzaga is down
arlovski is barely in the ufc anymore, and hasnt looked good in a long time
tim sylvia...lol



i have a strong feeling the next person to be fighting randy is this new guy...maybe youve heard of him...his names fedor.

seriously its already said he will get a title shot out the gate, and im fairly certain after being called out by randy and the money headed his way we will see him by February
__________________
Visit my website GrapplerWalt.com
Get updates on my up coming events


Enjoy a choke!
wallysworld191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
baphamet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE, USA
Posts: 98
baphamet Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy

Brandon Vera: Been out of action for over a year. Needs an impressive victory over Sylvia to even be considered. Only other notable victory is over Frank Mir(post leg injury). Perhaps he will be the future HW champion but he is not ready right now.
i disagree, if Vera wins he is the top contender....the very reason he is fighting sylvia is because he was supposed get a title shot before he had contract disputes.

he does not need to do anything but win to get his shot, he has already proved he deserves it.
baphamet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
wallysworld191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 832
wallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by baphamet
i disagree, if Vera wins he is the top contender....the very reason he is fighting sylvia is because he was supposed get a title shot before he had contract disputes.

he does not need to do anything but win to get his shot, he has already proved he deserves it.
that could be disputed because he earned a title shot against a ufc heavy weight division that had a different face. not to mention his time out of the ring.
__________________
Visit my website GrapplerWalt.com
Get updates on my up coming events


Enjoy a choke!
wallysworld191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
Judoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,379
Judoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW
I wish it was more like baseball, where they don't need to "sell" it to the audience. Whoever earns the shot gets it, plain and simple.
I agree.

If it isn't Fedor then i think Nogueira should get next title shot.
__________________

Judoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
baphamet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE, USA
Posts: 98
baphamet Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallysworld191
that could be disputed because he earned a title shot against a ufc heavy weight division that had a different face. not to mention his time out of the ring.
i understand the point that he has been gone, that is why he doesn't deserve an immediate title shot. but if he beats sylvia? that would pretty much throw that argument out of the window.

as far as the new HW's goes, i don't think you can even consider that. sure there are a lot of new faces in the UFC HW division but should we hold that against Vera?

just because there are new fighters should we just disregard the victories Vera had before his contract disputes?

and if so, then we need to do that with every fighter....even though i think that is ridiculous and should not be considered.

fact is, Vera is undefeated and 4-0 in the UFC, if he beats sylvia he will be 5-0 in the HW division, that deserves a title shot more than any other fighter currently in the UFC HW division, in my opinion.
baphamet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios