did any one else read this article (about fedor) by John Falcetta - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
poohbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hovering over the mat
Posts: 176
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvll
That's what he said. He also explained his reasoning. You have yet to address his or provide yours.

You must have missed him give a mediocre performance against Heath Herring, who, in turn, lost to nobody in his UFC debut.

He didn't make that argument. He pointed to the overall under-performance of Pride fighters in the UFC relative to the expectations.

Sure.... Sports writers never say anything negative about athletes, and are usually fired if they do.

I'm not saying I agree with the author, but he clearly has a well-constructed argument backing up his claims. I can't say the same for you.
nicly put

and on a side note ive been to the matrix and lived to tell about it, although i think i need to return to make sure i fully understand all i read.

"If I had to pick the single greatest player on the planet, I take Kobe Bryant, without hesitation." -Michael Jordan
poohbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
poohbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hovering over the mat
Posts: 176
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
As for this supposed argument, if anything this writer sounds like he is generally new to the MMA game and all over Randy Couture's nutsack.

It's not the fact Fedor has beaten some of the top fighters in the HW division, it's the fact he's done it so easily. I don't need to go over the stats, but to discredit his performances by using MMA math is a slap in the face to the Michael Jordan of our sport.
first michael wasint as great as every body rembers. well thats all really, but we can debate that some other time

"If I had to pick the single greatest player on the planet, I take Kobe Bryant, without hesitation." -Michael Jordan
poohbear is offline  
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear
first michael wasint as great as every body rembers. well thats all really, but we can debate that some other time
Michael Jordan was the most recognizable sports figure in the world at one point. My point is that Fedor through his achievements as a Mixed Martial Artist has reached that iconic status, much like Michael Jordan did whether you think he was great or not.
Fedor>all is offline  
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
poohbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hovering over the mat
Posts: 176
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
Michael Jordan was the most recognizable sports figure in the world at one point. My point is that Fedor through his achievements as a Mixed Martial Artist has reached that iconic status, much like Michael Jordan did whether you think he was great or not.
that i can agree with

"If I had to pick the single greatest player on the planet, I take Kobe Bryant, without hesitation." -Michael Jordan
poohbear is offline  
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 284
 
Bad article.

You can punch twice as many holes in Couture than you can in Fedor. Why doesn't the guy go into who Randy has beaten and LOST to.
Balls in Face is offline  
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,187
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear
first michael wasint as great as every body rembers. well thats all really, but we can debate that some other time
yeah he was better

more people watched and cheered for the bulls then they did their own team because of Jordan and the bulls. He was the most recognizable face in the world.



Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline  
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Das ‹bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
This guy is an idiot




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
poohbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hovering over the mat
Posts: 176
                   
nothing else about jordan if you want to talk about that send me a link and well discuss it there, but you better have fact or i dont wanna hear the bullsh!+

"If I had to pick the single greatest player on the planet, I take Kobe Bryant, without hesitation." -Michael Jordan
poohbear is offline  
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Chocolate City
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,505
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvll
You must have missed him give a mediocre performance against Heath Herring, who, in turn, lost to nobody in his UFC debut.
So other then getting caught with the head kick what part of that fight was mediocre? The part where he outboxed the shit out of him before and AFTER taking a shot that would have put 99% of fighters out on their feet. Yeah really mediocre.


Last edited by Wise; 09-17-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Wise is offline  
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,449
                     
Although I disagree with some of the opinions this guy has made, I have yet to see many of you argue intellectually against it. Most of the counter arguments I see in this thread consists of calling the author a dumbass.
Rated is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome