M - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 577
     
M

I was just loving that Marcus Davies fight. I was staring at the screen open-mouthed, and when it finished I raised my arms and cheered.

What really impressed me was that we saw the whole package in that fight- a brutal knock-down, ground and pound, a submission. Hats off to both of the fighters.

Marcus Davies has improved so much since his somewhat embarrassing performance in TUF2. How much more can he keep improving? Could he break the top 4 or 5 guys?

Favorite Pokemon:

HW: Charizard
LHW: Onyx
MW: Hitmonlee
WW: Gengar
LW: Psyduck
I.P.Freely is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,499
                     
The thing that impressed me the most was he was openly willing to admit that boxing alone wouldn't cut it with the big boys. We have seen so many people with big hands that think a little BJJ and they are fine. Marcus realized that he needed to completely re-work his game and has shown that you are never too old to start over and do it right. The man still has bombs in his hands, but only top level BJJ are going to have a big advantage over him on the ground.
cdtcpl is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 08:46 AM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,047
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.P.Freely
I was just loving that Marcus Davies fight. I was staring at the screen open-mouthed, and when it finished I raised my arms and cheered.

What really impressed me was that we saw the whole package in that fight- a brutal knock-down, ground and pound, a submission. Hats off to both of the fighters.

Marcus Davies has improved so much since his somewhat embarrassing performance in TUF2. How much more can he keep improving? Could he break the top 4 or 5 guys?
you were so stunned u couldnt type his whole name in teh subject line??

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 577
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei
you were so stunned u couldnt type his whole name in teh subject line??
We all have different ways of manifesting our stunnedness. Some of us shout, some of us gape, some of get drunk, and I, apparently, type "Marcus Davies' potential" and then, through an implausible series of keystrokes, turn that title into just "M".

Favorite Pokemon:

HW: Charizard
LHW: Onyx
MW: Hitmonlee
WW: Gengar
LW: Psyduck
I.P.Freely is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 577
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl
The thing that impressed me the most was he was openly willing to admit that boxing alone wouldn't cut it with the big boys. We have seen so many people with big hands that think a little BJJ and they are fine. Marcus realized that he needed to completely re-work his game and has shown that you are never too old to start over and do it right. The man still has bombs in his hands, but only top level BJJ are going to have a big advantage over him on the ground.
Yeah. I read an interesting interview with him a while back. He said something like "First I thought that I could just knock these guys out while they were coming in. Then I thought that I could just learn takedown defense so they couldn't take me down and I could knock them out. Then I thought that I could learn submission defense and how to get back up, so that I could knock them out. Now I know that I have to train every aspect of the game and have absoltely no holes in my game." Since then he's really been on a tear and it looks like his realization is paying off big time.

Favorite Pokemon:

HW: Charizard
LHW: Onyx
MW: Hitmonlee
WW: Gengar
LW: Psyduck
I.P.Freely is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,047
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.P.Freely
We all have different ways of manifesting our stunnedness. Some of us shout, some of us gape, some of get drunk, and I, apparently, type "Marcus Davies' potential" and then, through an implausible series of keystrokes, turn that title into just "M".
Dude, the other day I think I took about fifty hard slams, I saw stars. It was ugly I THINK I LOVE MMA. When do I stop seein g stars?

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome