Is Liddell vs. Silva off? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
                     
Is Liddell vs. Silva off?

Chuck seems to be behind the times and last night I was anything but impressed with his performance and actually thought Jardine won a UD rather than a split.

John Hackleman always seems supremely confient in chuck when he we see him in interviews. And that used to be fine when Chuck was laying waste to everyone. But now it seem that everyone knows Chucks game and pretty much everyone can be trained to beat him.

Now back to the point. Beign that Chuck lost this fight, (his second in a row), does this mean that we won't be able to see the long anticipated matchup between him and the Axe Murderer?

If so I think this is going to suck because I was looking very forward to this fight.

_______________________________________

Also I would like to know why everyone coming over from Pride just seems to do a complete 180 upon their arrival. Is it underestimation of opponenets? Because you guys can flame away if you want to but I'm getting the feeling more and more that some of these fights are being fixed.

I would go into explaining my theory but I'd probably lose you and end up not making much sense.

Discuss
southpaw447 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 400
 
ya, I think it is off until Chuck can build some wins.
Randy GNP is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Forum OG
 
Robb2140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447

Also I would like to know why everyone coming over from Pride just seems to do a complete 180 upon their arrival. Is it underestimation of opponenets? Because you guys can flame away if you want to but I'm getting the feeling more and more that some of these fights are being fixed.
I would go into explaining my theory but I'd probably lose you and end up not making much sense.

Discuss

Please explain your theory, I would love to hear this.


Regardless of what your theory is....

If the guys from PRIDE were taking dives, than what does that say about them as athletes and competitors? That would also lead you to believe that they were fixing fights in PRIDE as well.

Either way I think you are unable to exept that griffen beat your boy Shogun fair and square. If you think the sport is rigged than why even watch?
Robb2140 is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Bantamweight
 
GarethUFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 629
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb2140
Please explain your theory, I would love to hear this.


Regardless of what your theory is....

If the guys from PRIDE were taking dives, than what does that say about them as athletes and competitors? That would also lead you to believe that they were fixing fights in PRIDE as well.

Either way I think you are unable to exept that griffen beat your boy Shogun fair and square. If you think the sport is rigged than why even watch?
Them Pride Guys are Hard!!! UFC is Harder!!!
GarethUFC is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
I have no idea whats going on with the guys coming over from PRIDE FC and not going well, its like a effin curse.

I want Jardine and Forrest rematch
AtomDanger is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Forum OG
 
Robb2140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethUFC
Them Pride Guys are Hard!!! UFC is Harder!!!
Shogun is a tough SOB, he hadn't faught in almost a year, and was fighting under different rules in a new org. It didn't help him that Griffen had trained his balls off, joined a top training camp and has improved big time, big enough for him to beat Shogun.

There were no fixes or dives, why would Dana spend countless hours and big money to sign guys like Shogun and Crocop, only to have them take a dive. That doesn't make business sense at all.

Southpaw447, I'm waiting on your theory pal
Robb2140 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb2140
Please explain your theory, I would love to hear this.


Regardless of what your theory is....

If the guys from PRIDE were taking dives, than what does that say about them as athletes and competitors? That would also lead you to believe that they were fixing fights in PRIDE as well.

Either way I think you are unable to exept that griffen beat your boy Shogun fair and square. If you think the sport is rigged than why even watch?
First I should say that your user title is very apporpriate since that seems thats what you come off as on all of your posts.

But

If you read around. I gave forrest a huge amount respect for requesting the fight and he did beat him fair and sqaure. I already said Forrest did a great job. I'm not in denial and that clamped to a fighters nuts as to take shit off the winner and put the loser on a pedestal. The point I'm making is Shogun did not look like himself and if he was he probably took forrest lightly.

My theory is for example GSP goes on a tear and takes the belt from hughes. Then he gets beat. Now Dana has 2 new superfights to make money off of (Hughes vs. Serra and Serra/Hughes vs. GSP)
which, is their ultimate goal, right? To tower over all other MMA orgs?.

It sounds dumb and I'm jut spitballing here. I love the sport and again it was just a theory. There is corruption everywhere these days and sooner or later the UFC may end up just like boxing with all the corruption so it's not entirely unlikely. Plus with the money Dana is giving to these pride fighters I wouldn't hazard to guess that they wouldn't care if they won or not. CC makes 350K every fight (even when he loses) would you give a shit if you won or not with a check like that?

No doubt I am dissappointed about the outcome of the fight, but I have a lot of respect for forrest.
southpaw447 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Welterweight
 
dutch sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,137
                     
the fight is not off..


Rep Me...I Will Rep You Back!
dutch sauce is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb2140
Shogun is a tough SOB, he hadn't faught in almost a year, and was fighting under different rules in a new org. It didn't help him that Griffen had trained his balls off, joined a top training camp and has improved big time, big enough for him to beat Shogun.

There were no fixes or dives, why would Dana spend countless hours and big money to sign guys like Shogun and Crocop, only to have them take a dive. That doesn't make business sense at all.

Southpaw447, I'm waiting on your theory pal

No it doesn't make sense but when they sign the contract, do you think there is a section that say something along the lines of "I vow to win all fights and steamroll my opponents while putting on a great performance." I don't think so. Money makes great people do the dumbest ****in things. Dana has no control over how the fighters he signs will perform, if he did then he wouldn't be relentlessly pursuiting the best in the world, in fact he wouldn't be pursuiting anybody. the sport would be non existant

Last edited by southpaw447; 09-23-2007 at 09:47 PM.
southpaw447 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Forum OG
 
Robb2140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447
No it doesn't make sense but when they sign the contract, do you think there is a section that say something along the lines of "I vow to win all fights and steamroll my opponents while putting on a great performance." I don't think so. Money makes great people do the dumbest ****in things. Dana has no control over how the fighters he signs will perform
Some people around here would consider me a prick and some don't. I bust your balls because you make it so easy, This thread is a prime example.

now your putting words in my mouth and changing your argument as well.

You first said that Pride fighters were, "taking dives" now you are saying that they aren't taking the fights seriously because they are bieng paid well.

That is not unheard of in pro sports for a free agent to get a big contract and then never play up to the same level again. That is totally different than fixing fights though.

Serra beating GSP was not good at all for Zuffa. Your on the message boards, you hear the cheers for him when he fights, hell, the crowd went nuts for him last night when he was sitting in the stands. GSP as champ is good for business, more so than Serra. Also if they were fixing fights, I'm sure they would have made sure that Chuck wins his fight, so he could face Wandy in December.

What fight gives you goosebumps?

Chuck/Wandy or Jardine/Wandy
Robb2140 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome