Lyoto Machida vs Houstan Alexander anybody? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-24-2007, 05:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
capt_america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,414
capt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enoughcapt_america will become famous soon enough
Jardine = Brawler
Sakara = Brawler
Alexander = Brawler
Machida = Counter Pouncher

if Houston will do the same as Jardine did with Chuck he might have a chance. But Lyoto will still pick him apart.
__________________
Rooting for..
HW - Brandon Vera
LHW - Lyoto Machida
MW - Martin Kampmann
WW - John Fitch
LW - Clay Guida
capt_america is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-24-2007, 05:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
leew11k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: glasgow
Posts: 625
leew11k Needs A Hugleew11k Needs A Hugleew11k Needs A Hugleew11k Needs A Hugleew11k Needs A Hugleew11k Needs A Hugleew11k Needs A Hugleew11k Needs A Hug
it annoys me when people say i was impressed by lyoto last night lyoto is such a good fighter i cant really think of anyone that that would be fav to beat him he never seems to be in any trouble in his fights, has awsome cardio,and iz a nightmare to hit,its time for him to fight top contender now and prove he deserves to be at the top.
leew11k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Love Hisae
 
taiwnezboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 535
taiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leew11k
it annoys me when people say i was impressed by lyoto last night lyoto is such a good fighter i cant really think of anyone that that would be fav to beat him he never seems to be in any trouble in his fights, has awsome cardio,and iz a nightmare to hit,its time for him to fight top contender now and prove he deserves to be at the top.
My thoughts exactly. I'd pick Lyoto over any LHW right now.
__________________


Cris Cyborg
Chute Boxe Academy
MMA Record: 4-0 (3 (T)KOs)
Recently signed by EliteXC
Cris Cyborg Highlight Reel

taiwnezboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 610
Danomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura aboutDanomac has a spectacular aura about
The most technically sound striker in the LHW vs a guy who had 2 fights last a total of less than 1 round. I'm gonna go with the Lyoto. It would probably be embarrassing and may force Houston to choose a new career path.
Danomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
Biowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwnezboi
My thoughts exactly. I'd pick Lyoto over any LHW right now.
I don't know about ANY LHW, but he certainly did impress me quite a bit against Nakamura. We got to see a much more agressive Machida while at the same time, he kept technically sound. IMO Machida beats Alexander 70% of the time, but I wouldn't count out Alexander either, that dude has got some serious power and potential.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Beenofalus FTW
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 628
Beeno is an unknown quantity at this pointBeeno is an unknown quantity at this pointBeeno is an unknown quantity at this point
Of course I'm biased towards Houston, but honestly, Machida may be a counter puncher... but after all his talk he didn't put Naka away in the 1st like he said. Because (to me, I haven't seen Machida fight much) I would think he doesn't have the power to KO Houston. So even if Houston's cardio was complete shit, if you can't kill him in one shot, he's bound to get ahold of you eventually and start smashing you against the cage.

I stick with my guy Houston on this one. If Machida was one punch KO Power with his style, I'd be a little skeptical. How's Machida's submission skills? I still don't know how Houston does against sub defense.

But I mean really, Houston's fights have both been a minute or less. If a fight with him goes all 3 rounds, he's got 15 chances to do what he did to Jardine or Sak. Scary odds

I'll let you guys know if he spills anything on who he's fighting next.
Beeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
Biowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeno
Of course I'm biased towards Houston, but honestly, Machida may be a counter puncher... but after all his talk he didn't put Naka away in the 1st like he said. Because (to me, I haven't seen Machida fight much) I would think he doesn't have the power to KO Houston. So even if Houston's cardio was complete shit, if you can't kill him in one shot, he's bound to get ahold of you eventually and start smashing you against the cage.

I stick with my guy Houston on this one. If Machida was one punch KO Power with his style, I'd be a little skeptical. How's Machida's submission skills? I still don't know how Houston does against sub defense.

But I mean really, Houston's fights have both been a minute or less. If a fight with him goes all 3 rounds, he's got 15 chances to do what he did to Jardine or Sak. Scary odds

I'll let you guys know if he spills anything on who he's fighting next.
Like most, I am very impressed with Houston Alexander. But to be fair, we really haven't seen much from him in the terms of
-His Chin
-His submission defense
-Groundwork
-Cardio etc etc

And from what I have seen, he wouldn't have 15 chances, he would have about 2 chances before he got gassed.

I think it would be unfair to assume that Machida can't KO Alexander seeing as we haven't seen his chin tested. Given his questionable cardio, I certainly think Machida could get a decision or 2nd round TKO.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Beenofalus FTW
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 628
Beeno is an unknown quantity at this pointBeeno is an unknown quantity at this pointBeeno is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biowza
And from what I have seen, he wouldn't have 15 chances, he would have about 2 chances before he got gassed.

I think it would be unfair to assume that Machida can't KO Alexander seeing as we haven't seen his chin tested. Given his questionable cardio, I certainly think Machida could get a decision or 2nd round TKO.
This is the only issue I have with Houston skeptics.

Because he was tired after beating down Sakara he has questionable cardio? That was after having to rain down a ton of punches to get the ref to stop it. I'd expect anyone to be tired.

Now because of that, if he circles around with Machida throwing a jab here and there for a round, he's going to be tired? I guess I just don't get that argument. If a guy is winded after beating somebody on the ground with as many hard punches as Houston throws (Alternating arms with bombs, not the KenFlo rabbit humping right hand on Thomas) then I don't see why that's a cardio concern. It's not like he is Shogun by round 2. Or Terry Martin after one minute.

I don't know, if it's cause we don't KNOW about his cardio, that's fine. But to assume he will gas because he was out of breath in the Sak fight... I disagree with that. Jet Lag even maybe, don't know if he's ever fought over seas.
Beeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
Biowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeno
This is the only issue I have with Houston skeptics.

Because he was tired after beating down Sakara he has questionable cardio? That was after having to rain down a ton of punches to get the ref to stop it. I'd expect anyone to be tired.

Now because of that, if he circles around with Machida throwing a jab here and there for a round, he's going to be tired? I guess I just don't get that argument. If a guy is winded after beating somebody on the ground with as many hard punches as Houston throws (Alternating arms with bombs, not the KenFlo rabbit humping right hand on Thomas) then I don't see why that's a cardio concern. It's not like he is Shogun by round 2. Or Terry Martin after one minute.

I don't know, if it's cause we don't KNOW about his cardio, that's fine. But to assume he will gas because he was out of breath in the Sak fight... I disagree with that. Jet Lag even maybe, don't know if he's ever fought over seas.
Well I said his cardio is QUESTIONABLE which you have to agree it is. He fought for barely 1 minute in the Sakara fight, and his flurry must have lasted for all of 20-30 seconds. Now come on, for that amount of activity it is kind of hard to explain how hard he was panting after the fight. I don't know maybe he was already breathing hard before the fight due to nerves or something. But you have to see why people might say that his cardio is questionable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
veilside23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 186
veilside23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i said the same exact statement on my post about houston i mean i love this guy but will he have the same force after 2 rounds? i do hope he would still win in a convincing fashion. but lyoto machida would be a harder test for him imo. i say forrest is a better fight for houston if you guys want to test his(houston's) cardio ...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios