Fedor respect Randy too much? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Lightweight
 
PrideFan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,553
               
Fedor by 2nd round armbar.
PrideFan123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROID
] I remember reading a interview with fedor where he said he submitted Mark Coleman instead of beating the crap out of him because he liked and respected him, he's gonna have to finish randy any way he can if they do fight, if he's picky choosing which way he wants to finish randy he's gonna be in trouble.
Did you not see Mark Coleman's face after his second fight with Fedor? So much for friendship:

Fedor>all is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Photobucket
 
N1™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 4,642
                     
in the past i would say that fedor shouldnt fear to lose against randy , but after nogueiras less than impressing win over herring, crocop΄s loss to kongo and gonzaga AND shoguns loss to griffin im not ever going to say that PRIDE victories are a given ever again. So it wouldnt suprice me if couture wins.


Kovalev - Golovkin
N1™ is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1
in the past i would say that fedor shouldnt fear to lose against randy , but after nogueiras less than impressing win over herring, crocop΄s loss to kongo and gonzaga AND shoguns loss to griffin im not ever going to say that PRIDE victories are a given ever again. So it wouldnt suprice me if couture wins.
It should never be a matter of organization vs organization to determine a victor, styles make fights. Stylistically Gonzaga was a terrible match-up for Cro Cop. Kongo was stylistically a good match for Cro Cop, but the events that took place in the fight (ie: Cro Cop's broken rib, and his collection of Kongo's miniscus to the balls) were unforeseen.

Styles are a much better means to make predictions for fights, not affiliations. Even then however, no one knows what will happen in a fight and that's part of what makes it so exciting to watch.
Fedor>all is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Photobucket
 
N1™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 4,642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
It should never be a matter of organization vs organization to determine a victor, styles make fights. Stylistically Gonzaga was a terrible match-up for Cro Cop. Kongo was stylistically a good match for Cro Cop, but the events that took place in the fight (ie: Cro Cop's broken rib, and his collection of Kongo's miniscus to the balls) were unforeseen.

Styles are a much better means to make predictions for fights, not affiliations. Even then however, no one knows what will happen in a fight and that's part of what makes it so exciting to watch.

ok... i think you misunderstood a little... i didnt meen that i favor them just becouse their pride fighters i favored the BEST pride fighters against the best ufc fighters ..... but i dont know.... i think its the cage thing


Kovalev - Golovkin
N1™ is offline  
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1
ok... i think you misunderstood a little... i didnt meen that i favor them just becouse their pride fighters i favored the BEST pride fighters against the best ufc fighters ..... but i dont know.... i think its the cage thing
Yeah, but why do you favor the Pride fighters? Is it the pre-conceived notion for years that they were better?

I find that certain Pride fighters have already adapted to what the cage offers, because their style is more suited to it (ie: Nogueira and Shogun looked great in the cage). However, Cro Cop just looks like a fish out of water in the cage, he's almost TOO aware of the fact the fence will trap you, unlike the ropes and as a result he doesn't seem as aggressive.
Fedor>all is offline  
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Photobucket
 
N1™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 4,642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all
Yeah, but why do you favor the Pride fighters? Is it the pre-conceived notion for years that they were better?

I find that certain Pride fighters have already adapted to what the cage offers, because their style is more suited to it (ie: Nogueira and Shogun looked great in the cage). However, Cro Cop just looks like a fish out of water in the cage, he's almost TOO aware of the fact the fence will trap you, unlike the ropes and as a result he doesn't seem as aggressive.
its not the pre-conceived notion... i watched pride and ufc and thought the ufc fighters would lose against the best pride fighters.... i was wrong easy as that.


Kovalev - Golovkin
N1™ is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1
its not the pre-conceived notion... i watched pride and ufc and thought the ufc fighters would lose against the best pride fighters.... i was wrong easy as that.
Yes but I'm intrigued as to just why you thought that, that's all. Because the style match-ups haven't exactly suited most of the Pride fighters, especially in their new environment (the octagon).
Fedor>all is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Bantamweight
 
Zemelya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 556
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROID
I remember reading a interview with fedor where he said he submitted Mark Coleman instead of beating the crap out of him because he liked and respected him, he's gonna have to finish randy any way he can if they do fight, if he's picky choosing which way he wants to finish randy he's gonna be in trouble.
is it a weakness in your eyes ? sounds more like Fedor has time and ability to choose the way he kicks ass and it's not only that fight where he did that.
Zemelya is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Bantamweight
 
sove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 645
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrus13
if fedor looses it will be from a cut from an elbow..that just what i think
At least it will be a legitimate loss if he loses by cut this time! I'm sure half the people on this forum will say that he is still undefeated if he loses by cut though.
sove is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome