Unofficial UFC Rankings (top 20 in each division) - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,239
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation
I don't like or dislike him, I just think it's odd you are rating a guy who won one fight this year above a guy who has won 3 and recently knocked him the **** out.
Because I think Jardine has had better competition, it's a legitimate question and I dont pretend everyone will agree its just how I feel till I see Alexander beat some other top fighters in the UFC.

P.S. whats your top 20 in that weight class.

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot
Because I think Jardine has had better competition, it's a legitimate question and I dont pretend everyone will agree its just how I feel till I see Alexander beat some other top fighters in the UFC.
You appear to be ignoring the fact that they fought each other really, really recently and one of them got brutally raped in the fight. Keith beating a sloppy Liddell undecisevely doesn't just automatically shoot him up above someone who absolutely destroyed him.
TheNegation is offline  
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,239
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation
You appear to be ignoring the fact that they fought each other really, really recently and one of them got brutally raped in the fight. Keith beating a sloppy Liddell undecisevely doesn't just automatically shoot him up above someone who absolutely destroyed him.
BAH, it was a bit closer than that in reality. I seem to remember Alexander almost got himself KO'd in the first 10 seconds of the fight. I would love to see them fight again, I dont see Jardine losing a second time.

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot
BAH, it was a bit closer than that in reality. I seem to remember Alexander almost got himself KO'd in the first 10 seconds of the fight. I would love to see them fight again, I dont see Jardine losing a second time.
Video Houston Alexander vs.Keith.Jardine - MMA, UFC - Dailymotion Share Your Videos
Sorry dude, but no not at all. Sorry to make you watch this cos you are obviously a jardine fan, but seriously. Beatdown of the year so far, for sure.
Watch Alexanders foot after he thorws that leg kick. He wasn't almost KO'd at all.
TheNegation is offline  
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 06:21 AM
N1
Photobucket
 
N1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 4,642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblock
Well let'see Alexander beat Jardine who beat Forrest who beat Shogun.
are you serious ? you cant use that kind of tactics to say ho is better. there are a lot of styles involved. some styles dont work well/works well agianst some styles of fighting....


Kovalev - Golovkin
N1 is offline  
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1
are you serious ? you cant use that kind of tactics to say ho is better. there are a lot of styles involved. some styles dont work well/works well agianst some styles of fighting....
ITS RANKINGS! God damn, its not people saying "Wel x beat y, y beat z so therefore x beats z." If someone beats someone, that means they are ranked higher. So Forrest beat Shogun, hes ranked higher. Jardine beat Forrest, so he gets ranked higher than Forrest. That doesn't mean anyone is saying Jardine can beat Shogun, he just logically has to be ranked higher.
TheNegation is offline  
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 06:26 AM
N1
Photobucket
 
N1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 4,642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biowza
beat Tsuyoshi Kosaka who beat Fedor.
naaaah a cut wasnt it ? but i see your point and agree totally


Kovalev - Golovkin
N1 is offline  
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1
naaaah a cut wasnt it ? but i see your point and agree totally
Yeah it was a cut from an illegal blow, but they had to have a winner so they just called it a cut stoppage. Still a loss on the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline  
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 11:49 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
baphamet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE, USA
Posts: 98
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot
BAH, it was a bit closer than that in reality. I seem to remember Alexander almost got himself KO'd in the first 10 seconds of the fight. I would love to see them fight again, I dont see Jardine losing a second time.
i would love to see them fight again as well but regarding your argument about keith "almost" KO'ing Houston.....horseshoes and hand grenades.

fact is keith got his ass kicked the first time, he understimated Houston and paid the price, it was his own fault.

maybe next time they fight he can survive more than one round and actually challenge Houston, then again maybe not.
baphamet is offline  
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,239
                     
Im not making excuses for Jardine's lose I simply think next time they fight if they fight he will win. You can give all the bullshit excuses you want for Liddell but he didn’t look out of shape or unprepared he was just beat point blank. I put way more credit in that win than the Alexander loss.

As far as the Liddell fight being unconvincing I dont know if your blind or not but you must have some kind of vision problem because the Liddell fight was a convincing win. I dont know anyone who thinks Liddell won that fight or even came close but thats not taking anything away from Chuck he's still a good fighter.

Jardine DID rock alexander in the first 10 seconds of that fight. It was close in the sense that it could have very well been Jardine walking out of the ring with a KO. I dont think he was out matched at all, he just got beat.

You trying to discredit him beating Liddell by saying it means nothing because rampage did it and that must mean chucks washed up and cant fight anymore is silly, Chuck is still one of the best strikers in the game. Give Keith his due, he got beat by a striker leaned his lesson came back and beat a much more dangerous striker in Liddell, and that’s why he's at the top of my list.

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome