Originally Posted by Aaronyman
1. sherk has an iron chin, and can take any power bj has (so long as he doesn't go poking eyes)
2. i'd give bj the bjj edge, but wrestling? no way. bj will be fighting from his back all night.
3. sherk has far better conditioning that hughes and bj...arguably the best gas tank in the world
1. Despite having an iron chin, BJ can still rock Sherk and capitalize on a mistake.'
2. BJ's wrestling is probably the most underrated part of his game. While Sherk may beat him in the later rounds with takedowns, I doubt we will see fighting from his back all night. Against Hughes, he didn't get taken down until the end of the second and still showed he could be dangerous from the bottom.
3. I wouldn't say he has that much superior cardio than Hughes. Hughes had a 5 round fight with Sherk and won. BJ should already know this is going to be a war with the Energizer bunny on roids. He hired a conditioning coach for his fight with Jens, I imagine he'll do the same against Sherk.