Who can beat Conor? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 06:58 AM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 890
                     
It's amazing isn't it who would have thought Nate Diaz was secretly better than all the other fighters. He defeated the greatest fighter that ever lived, and was only very narrowly defeated in the rematch. Can we not take a moment to soak that in?
Anteries is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 07:39 AM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 13,658
                     
It just goes to show that some fighters have the style to defeat that one great though personally I think Conor is VERY overrated.

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is online now  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 07:41 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Xanadu
Posts: 4,915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
It just goes to show that some fighters have the style to defeat that one great though personally I think Conor is VERY overrated.
Mods, Ban please!

DonRifle is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 08:34 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,540
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Brock Lesnar.
Killz is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:13 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 4,903
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
The way Johnson lit up Khabib, I think Khabib has the least chance of doing well against Conor. Doubt the fight would even go 1 minute.
I think a winner in the Nurmagomedov fight is hard to predict. It all comes to whether Nurmagomedov is able to close the distance without getting caught by McGregor's left. Whoever wins that fight will make it look easy. If McGregor can keep the distance, he will make Nurmagomedov look stupid and probably KO him early, if Nurmagomedov can close the distance and hence bring it to the ground he will make it look like ragdolling a child.

Quote:
Nate's the only one with good enough boxing to stand with Conor, and even he got sat on his ass multiple times.
But Diaz also made McGregor tap
Voiceless is offline  
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:14 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 12
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteries View Post
It's amazing isn't it who would have thought Nate Diaz was secretly better than all the other fighters. He defeated the greatest fighter that ever lived, and was only very narrowly defeated in the rematch. Can we not take a moment to soak that in?
The point is more that Nate Diaz is one of the best standup fighters in the division. Guys like Cerrone and Johnson get heaps of praise for their striking but Nate dealt with them both. Given that McGregor is a standup fighter, Nate poses more of a challenge there than most others and is why the 2 fights were rough for McGregor. Who else could last that long on the feet without taking McGregor down? I don't think any of the LW's could and Khabib, RDA etc would want to take him down so it's a different prospect altogether. The question is then who can get close enough to do it. Khabib probably, but RDA may find his bullrush style would see him get stuffed and then KOd.

I get that you don't like McGregor but it's short sighted to dismiss the challenge he poses based on the Diaz fights. That does both a disservice.
Hiro2 is offline  
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Middleweight
 
TheNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,595
                     
No one can beat Conor as he will retire undefeated.

SMOOTH
TheNinja is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 890
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
No one can beat Conor as he will retire undefeated.
Minor point, but how can he retire undefeated if he's already been defeated?
Anteries is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 890
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro2 View Post
The point is more that Nate Diaz is one of the best standup fighters in the division. Guys like Cerrone and Johnson get heaps of praise for their striking but Nate dealt with them both. Given that McGregor is a standup fighter, Nate poses more of a challenge there than most others and is why the 2 fights were rough for McGregor. Who else could last that long on the feet without taking McGregor down? I don't think any of the LW's could and Khabib, RDA etc would want to take him down so it's a different prospect altogether. The question is then who can get close enough to do it. Khabib probably, but RDA may find his bullrush style would see him get stuffed and then KOd.

I get that you don't like McGregor but it's short sighted to dismiss the challenge he poses based on the Diaz fights. That does both a disservice.
You are quite right but the key is to look at the people who made mincemeat of Nate Diaz, Rory Macdonald and RDA spring to mind. The only true wrestling threat he has fought was Eddie, but he goofed and deviated from his gameplan. Which personally I think is unforgivable. It's like a commando or special forces operative going on a mission to destroy a secret weapon and then saying he goofed up and decided to take on the soldiers in the guarding house instead. Oops he forgot the mission oh dear never mind. The guy should be shot.
Anteries is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,201
                     
Yes (75/25)
1 Khabib Nurmagomedov
2 Tony Ferguson
5 Nate Diaz
6 Edson Barboza
10 Donald Cerrone

Maybe (50/50)
8 Michael Chiesa
15 Al Iaquinta

Likely no (25/75)
13 Francisco Trinaldo
4 Rafael Dos Anjos
7 Michael Johnson
9 Beneil Dariush

Definately no (100/0)
3 Eddie Alvarez
11 Dustin Poirier
12 Gilbert Melendez
14 Evan Dunham


Make the WW division great again
John8204 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome