Serra vs. Hughes - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who Wins

Matt "The Terra" Serra 27 33.75%
Matt Hughes 53 66.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 160
LittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enough
Hughes has more experience, heart and determination. Hughes does not care for Serra and feels that he is a pathetic champion and role model These are priciples that Hughes feels as the title should be held. Serra has humiliated Hughes to where his friends and family are watching and I believe Hughes will take vengence.
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
ToekeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 65
ToekeR has a little shameless behaviour in the past
well i hate to say it

but i think hughes will win, serra will fight a good fight and might win the first couple rounds, but i predict the same type of fight like hughes vs penn 2 serra will come out swinging, but if you have watched any of his past fights he tends to get tired, i think hughes cardo will win him the fight, my prediction hughes wins a decision 48-47
ToekeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
On The Level
 
hammafist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 348
hammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe
Hughes has more experience, heart and determination. Hughes does not care for Serra and feels that he is a pathetic champion and role model These are priciples that Hughes feels as the title should be held. Serra has humiliated Hughes to where his friends and family are watching and I believe Hughes will take vengence.
what the duece are you talking about? there is no set template for Champions to be guided by. nevertheless, Serra does tons of radio and tv interviews, all done professionally. i personally hear Serra on the BTLS show when Serra is at his most honest. sure he has a big dirty mouth. but i'm sure nearly every guy that fights for a living also has a dirty vernacular. plus, Dana White, that head guy you may have seen, swears more than a Sailor, so Hughes's argument is BS
__________________

Banner By Evil Ash aka B-Real
hammafist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 160
LittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammafist
what the duece are you talking about? there is no set template for Champions to be guided by. nevertheless, Serra does tons of radio and tv interviews, all done professionally. i personally hear Serra on the BTLS show when Serra is at his most honest. sure he has a big dirty mouth. but i'm sure nearly every guy that fights for a living also has a dirty vernacular. plus, Dana White, that head guy you may have seen, swears more than a Sailor, so Hughes's argument is BS
It is not Hughes argument. it is mostly mine. Serra is the only champion that I can think of that acts in the manor that he does. Dana is garbage so comparing a true champion to Dana is the most asonine thing I have heard to date. Think about it. Lidell, Hughes, RandyFranklin ect.... all have represented themselves with dignity.
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
Damone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like Tuna
I have Hughes taking this one.

People are seriously overrating Matt Serra. Hughes will push an insane pace that Serra won't keep up with, and will send the hype crashing down and bursting into flames. Matt Serra is getting his time in by being an annoying ham.
__________________
Damone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
ToekeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 65
ToekeR has a little shameless behaviour in the past
its all good

i hate hughes but if he wins so what that just allows gsp to destroy him for a second time
ToekeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
On The Level
 
hammafist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 348
hammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe
Think about it. Lidell, Hughes, RandyFranklin ect.... all have represented themselves with dignity.
finding similarities between Serra and Dana White (the President of the UFC) is asinine? I'm not sure about you, but i do my best to think the same way as my boss as much as possible.

I love Chuck Liddell, but he did an interview whacked out on pills. Rampage is the furthest fighter away from 'professional' (just google him).

we can go on and on about past and present champions' unprofessionalism, but the point has been made. these guys fight for a living and can't be expected to be as squeaky clean as Derek Jeter when it comes to dealing with the media. I understand if you still think that Serra goes over the top though.
__________________

Banner By Evil Ash aka B-Real
hammafist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 160
LittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enoughLittleJoe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammafist
finding similarities between Serra and Dana White (the President of the UFC) is asinine? I'm not sure about you, but i do my best to think the same way as my boss as much as possible.

I love Chuck Liddell, but he did an interview whacked out on pills. Rampage is the furthest fighter away from 'professional' (just google him).

we can go on and on about past and present champions' unprofessionalism, but the point has been made. these guys fight for a living and can't be expected to be as squeaky clean as Derek Jeter when it comes to dealing with the media. I understand if you still think that Serra goes over the top though.
You got me on the Liddell interview. I completly forgot about that. I don't care for Rampage at all.

Guys that I like as Champions are: Hughes, Cotour, GSP and Franklin.
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
On The Level
 
hammafist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 348
hammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enough
IF GSP becomes a champion again, then all 4 of those fighters you listed should be future HOF'ers.
__________________

Banner By Evil Ash aka B-Real
hammafist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Punishment
 
The Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 5,360
The Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone
I have Hughes taking this one.

People are seriously overrating Matt Serra. Hughes will push an insane pace that Serra won't keep up with, and will send the hype crashing down and bursting into flames. Matt Serra is getting his time in by being an annoying ham.
I keep going back and forth but if you think about it Dana's comment is right, Hughes standup sucks and Serra's is better then his Hughes has good Jiu-Jitsu and I think he will be able to stay away from Serra's SUBS and if he can keep Serra on his back and stay out of his SUBS then it is Hughes fight but if it is standing then I give it to Serra. I just don't know right now!
__________________
[
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios