does chuck realize how dangerous silva is - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-13-2007, 01:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Cheers.
 
vandalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,341
vandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crosses
Wow, I just don't get the double standard here. Chuck is continually ripped on for being overrated and overblown, for being Dana's poster boy, for only being able to knock out grapplers, while Wandy needs a wheelbarrow to cart around all the nuthuggers attached to his ballsack.
They both have wins against inferior foes, but also great wins against great ones.
Can't we just let go of the blind hate and accept both of these guys as great fighters, true legends in the sport, the way they deserve? BOTH fighters deserve respect from each and every one of us.
vandalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
PrideFan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,553
PrideFan123 will become famous soon enoughPrideFan123 will become famous soon enoughPrideFan123 will become famous soon enoughPrideFan123 will become famous soon enoughPrideFan123 will become famous soon enoughPrideFan123 will become famous soon enoughPrideFan123 will become famous soon enoughPrideFan123 will become famous soon enough
Wandy wins this in the 2nd round by KO.
PrideFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
bradly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 18
bradly has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalian
.... while Wandy needs a wheelbarrow to cart around all the nuthuggers attached to his ballsack.
/\/\/\

Now thats funny!
bradly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 AM   #24 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Freelancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,658
Freelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko
sounds like a sig bet to me? state your condition, if the bet is about chuck making it to rd 3, Mr Local Fool.

Chuck is far less "overrated" than Wandy. Wandy has fought far more cans than chuck anyday. Here's his last 10 fights: losses to Henderson, Mirko, Arona and Hunt. A SPLIT decision win over Arona, and a KO on Rampage, his only close to worthwhile win in the last 10 fights. The others? Yoshida, Kondo, Minowa, a bunch of overrated japanese cans who've gotten raped by anything close to a professional, and an over the hill, competing above his weight class Sakuraba. Very impressive.

Let's compare that to Chuck's last 10 fights: A SPLIT decision loss to Jardine, and 2 unquestionably devastating losses from Rampage. The rest? 2 ass-whoopings on Randy couture, the legend they're mentioning in the same breath as Fedor these days, and one of the best wrestlers in the LHW world. Ditto on Ortiz, the guy who's already beaten your boy, and was arguably the best GnP guy in the LHW world. Jeremy Horn and Renato Sobral, two of the top submission guys in the LHW world. And Vernon White, definitely below par but still not a total can. And if you go one fight before, on the same night as his 10th latest fight, it was Alistair Overeem, among the top 5 Muay Thai strikers in the LHW world. Yeah, he's overrated, and Wandy's not. Like I said, I'll any day take a sig bet with anyone that at the very least that this will go to a decision, that is if chuck doesn't leave Wandy leaking drool on the mat in the first round. "Marketing Project"? The man has proven himself over and over.. but somehow the MMA elitists will always go hug some PRIDE nuts over the crowd favorites, if only to be different. While I admit that Wandy is definitely a tough opponent and it should be a great fight, I don't see how people using the "overrated" argument based on record can pick him over chuck
I think you should watch more fights of kondo and yoshida. Kondo is a great fighter who knocked out frank shamrock and slammed semmy shilt in one of his 3 victories over him! To me that's pretty impressive. As for yoshida, if you think that someone who submitted mark hunt, tank abbott, don frye, naoya ogawa, kiyoshi tamura is a can, then I really think you should look at someone's score before you make such statement.
Freelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
fenderman80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 332
fenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko
sounds like a sig bet to me? state your condition, if the bet is about chuck making it to rd 3, Mr Local Fool.

Chuck is far less "overrated" than Wandy. Wandy has fought far more cans than chuck anyday. Here's his last 10 fights: losses to Henderson, Mirko, Arona and Hunt. A SPLIT decision win over Arona, and a KO on Rampage, his only close to worthwhile win in the last 10 fights. The others? Yoshida, Kondo, Minowa, a bunch of overrated japanese cans who've gotten raped by anything close to a professional, and an over the hill, competing above his weight class Sakuraba. Very impressive.

Let's compare that to Chuck's last 10 fights: A SPLIT decision loss to Jardine, and 2 unquestionably devastating losses from Rampage. The rest? 2 ass-whoopings on Randy couture, the legend they're mentioning in the same breath as Fedor these days, and one of the best wrestlers in the LHW world. Ditto on Ortiz, the guy who's already beaten your boy, and was arguably the best GnP guy in the LHW world. Jeremy Horn and Renato Sobral, two of the top submission guys in the LHW world. And Vernon White, definitely below par but still not a total can. And if you go one fight before, on the same night as his 10th latest fight, it was Alistair Overeem, among the top 5 Muay Thai strikers in the LHW world. Yeah, he's overrated, and Wandy's not. Like I said, I'll any day take a sig bet with anyone that at the very least that this will go to a decision, that is if chuck doesn't leave Wandy leaking drool on the mat in the first round. "Marketing Project"? The man has proven himself over and over.. but somehow the MMA elitists will always go hug some PRIDE nuts over the crowd favorites, if only to be different. While I admit that Wandy is definitely a tough opponent and it should be a great fight, I don't see how people using the "overrated" argument based on record can pick him over chuck

First off Yoshida is not a can. He's not a great striker but nonetheless he's not a can. He's a stellar Judo practitioner and is always a threat. Secondly Wandy was straight up robbed in that decision loss to Hunt. His first loss to Arona was due to the fact that Arona's superior BJJ seemed to overwhelm him, and Wandy has always had problems with guys who have strong takedowns. His second fight was much better because he had to adapt to Arona'a game. His two losses to CroCop and Henderson were also legit but I do believe a healthier Wandy would have done much better against Hendo.

Alstair Overeem is the only legitimate striker Liddell has beaten. White was a good striker but nowhere near the level of Overeem. All those wins you mentioned for Chuck (with the exception of two), were against wrestlers with average standup. Tito, Horn, Babalu, even Randy at the time were all average strikers. And you could argue that Chuck beat Randy twice because he was able to catch him with a lucky shot. Rampage beat Chuck becasue he's a better boxer, bottom line.

My point: Chuck cant handle a great striker. Wandy is a great striker.

Last edited by fenderman80 : 11-13-2007 at 10:13 AM.
fenderman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Cheers.
 
vandalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,341
vandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crossesvandalian Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderman80
Alstair Overeem is the only legitimate striker Liddell has beaten.
Vitor Belfort, Guy Mezger and Vernon White are legitimate strikers, too.
And yes, I know White has a crappy record these days. That's because he's one of those guys who feels the need to fight every two months.
vandalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
royalking87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,539
royalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enoughroyalking87 will become famous soon enough
i think he knows and he needs to train and do some othert stuff cause if he comes out like he usually does wandys gonna kill him
royalking87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
-I came|I saw|I failed-
 
plazzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The plazzVan
Posts: 9,734
Blog Entries: 3
plazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchable
Quote:
My point: Chuck cant handle a great striker. Wandy is a great striker.
Wandy is not a great striker, hes effective, but not great as in technical and manipulative. He throws wild loopy punches and is always open to get caught.

A great striker is someone like Mirko, Pulver, A.Silva, Overeem.
plazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
fenderman80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 332
fenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalian
Vitor Belfort, Guy Mezger and Vernon White are legitimate strikers, too.
And yes, I know White has a crappy record these days. That's because he's one of those guys who feels the need to fight every two months.

Vitor and Metzger were both good strikers in their day, but nowhere near as good as Overeem. And yes I know how bad Vitor used to be but I would take Overeem over both Metzger and Belfort today and in their primes.
fenderman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
fenderman80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 332
fenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazzman
Wandy is not a great striker, hes effective, but not great as in technical and manipulative. He throws wild loopy punches and is always open to get caught.

A great striker is someone like Mirko, Pulver, A.Silva, Overeem.
All of which are better stikers than Chucky boy. Okay maybe Wandy isnt a great striker but a very good and dynamic striker with more tools than his fists and he's certainly a better striker than the guys Liddell defended his title against. I would also argue that Wandy is quicker than Liddell too.
fenderman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios